The Fitness and Lifestyle Thread (AKA Not Matt Hardy-ing Ourselves Discussion)

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
So, I have a confession to make. For pretty much my entire life, I've always been a fat person. The thing is, I would always do the bare minimum of staying healthy and working out/being physically active that while I was fat, I didn't balloon, and I was doing okay enough where it seemed like I was "hiding" being fat (you can't hide it though, it's justifying to yourself that you don't need to work out!) Then, I got a desk job with long hours and plenty of inactivity, and that threw me for a loop. I wasn't physically active at all, and I ballooned to the point where I was 240 lbs.

Three things happened that made me say to myself, "You fat piece of crap, you need to re-evaluate yourself, NOW."

1.) I was struggling to fit in waist 38 pants, I was not going up to waist 40 for a multitude of reasons.

2.) Making fun of Matt Hardy's being fat when I had probably the same physique, but still, it's always a good time to make fun of that loser. If there's one positive thing that came out of Matt's tailspin, he at least forced one person to make lifestyle changes.

3.) The health scare I had where I thought I had testicular cancer, but it wound up being nothing serious. Regardless, I looked at this as a wake-up call where I dodged a bullet and I needed to start making changes immediately. Fat people are more likely to fall victim to disease moreso than a healthy person. I might not have been so lucky the next time around at the doctor's.

All of this took place in September of 2011. Today, I weigh 190 lbs, which is the lowest I have weighed since being 15-16 years old. I feel like I still have work to do.

I wanted to create this thread because Norcal's thread gave me a bit of inspiration when I asked him a question the other day. I feel like this forum has a lot of posters who are physically active and hit the gym on a regular basis. There are probably a lot of posters who feel like they need to make lifestyle changes, and they could definitely benefit from talking to fellow posters about dieting and working out.

Use this thread as a stream of consciousness for people to post their diet plans, recommendations for supplements, gym playlists, and again, as a one stop hub for asking questions amongst your fellow WZ forumers.

If you're looking to lose weight, this is a really good starting point that I based myself off of: http://deadspin.com/5545674/the-public-humiliation-diet-a-how+to

I hope this thread is useful to a lot of people looking to improve their lifestyle.

Pump Iron Bitch.

Seriously, no carbs and a half-an-hour run every day will do you wonders. I lost abut 5 kilos in 3 weeks doing just that.

¡Roján!;3754664 said:
Seriously, no carbs and a half-an-hour run every day will do you wonders. I lost abut 5 kilos in 3 weeks doing just that.

If you're working out, and trying to burn off stuff, than you need carbs. I'm guessing your trying to say no bad carbs, but carbs like fruits and vegetables among others are needed.

Also, make sure you fit a good amount of protein in your diet not only before and after working out, but whenever you can basically.Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, try eating 6-8 small meals, which will improve your metabolism. Stay low sodium, and especially sugar. It's okay to have a little fat in your diet. Calories are what make you fat, not fat itself.

about 8 months ago I weighed myself and I weighed 260 lbs. It was at that time I really realized I needed to lose weight not just for self esteem reason but because it was just unhealthy. I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 185

I was a cart pusher at walmart and I would push a lot of carts by hand which is how I lost most of it but I also stopped eating as much as I would in the past and I changed my diet a little. Recently I started biking 4 miles when the weather allows it to.

All in all it was the best decision I made. I'm happy and I look a lot better than I used to.

My peak was last June, I weighed roughly 17 stone and 4 pounds and realised that I needed to do something about it. Since then I've been going to the gym quite often, cutting the crap food, cutting the alcoholic intake and eating better and I'm now down to 15 stone 7 but have some way to go yet. By the time I move out in September I want to be down to roughly 14 stone 5 pounds. It's more than achievable.

What type of drink is that?
Michelob_Ultra_Low_Carb.jpg

I should really try to benefit from this seen as I don't really want to risk dying in the next 10 years. Last time I weighed myself I was Milenko's former weight. I can't remember when that was.

As far as dieting is concerned, commit fully. Don't treat yourself. It makes it really easy for you to go back to your old ways when you do that.

That's the best weight loss tip I can give. That and eat grapes, like Matt Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back