The first real stable of NXT?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
So here we are, the second year of NXT on WWE Network has come and gone. The brand has been utilized to perfection and has helped come up with some of the best on the current WWE roster in Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Neville, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, and Paige just to name a few. It's helped spring up some not so successful stars as well with The Ascension, but in the end the show itself has maintained a purity in wrestling that we don't see done so well. Let's face it, NJPW and ROH have great in ring action but stories aren't told the same and NXT is where the best of the indy style and WWE style can mold together and give us magic.

But, one thing that NXT has been lacking is the sense of a legitimate stable within NXT. FCW had stables, OVW had stables, even the forgotten DSW had stables... all of them "developmental" for WWE at one point in time... and all of them had their own bit of success to them. So why hasn't there been an NXT stable? Sure, we had the BFFs, but that QUICKLY became a tag team when Summer Rae left for the main roster and even then it didn't last that long. Even still, NXT has been entertaining and the lack of a stable hasn't really harmed the product too much...

But when do you think the first stable of NXT will debut? Who will be in it? Will it be highly protected? Could the first stable of NXT make its way to the main roster and stay intact or will it crumble? Could the rumored Bullet Club be the stable?

Also, before anyone gets started; no the Shield was not an NXT stable. They formed after being taken off the NXT roster but before making their debut on the main roster. I'm talking about a stable built IN NXT and dominating in NXT before being called up.

The Wyatt family originally started in NXT. As a stable.

So yea, they have had them, before.

Better to stay away from them anyways. Everyone needs their own individual or team development. Don't let people get lost in the shuffle at a developmental level.

I do expect Gallows and Anderson to align with Balor when they debut in NXT, forming either the Balor Club or the Bullet Club. I expect that they will help Balor keep his title, proceed to win the tag titles themselves, and then the three will move to main roster together after dropping their respective belts(presumably to feud, or possibly even unite, with an already established Styles).

So there's your dominant stable, but I would expect it to last no more than one or two Takeover cycles, before the WWE can no longer wait on promoting Finn.

How are the Ascension successful? They're merely a Legion of Doom/Road Warriors tribute act, and not a very good one at that IMO.

He referred to The Ascension as "not so successful," Rich. Besides, they were certainly successful - in NXT.

Stables are one of the many, many shitty wrestling tropes that NXT wisely avoids. Stables of three men are fine, they're essentially just big tag teams and nobody gets lost in the shuffle, and we've had those (Enzo, Cass, Carmella; The Wyatts; The Shield for one episode). Stables of four or more? Rarely are they not absolute shithouse.

On that note, I wouldn't be opposed to Gallows and Anderson accompanying Balor in a Bullet Club - Balor Club? - reunion, though it would really only make sense if he were a (really cool) heel (with really cool t-shirts).

But we're probably better off staying well shot.

He referred to The Ascension as "not so successful," Rich. Besides, they were certainly successful - in NXT.

Stables are one of the many, many shitty wrestling tropes that NXT wisely avoids. Stables of three men are fine, they're essentially just big tag teams and nobody gets lost in the shuffle, and we've had those (Enzo, Cass, Carmella; The Wyatts; The Shield for one episode). Stables of four or more? Rarely are they not absolute shithouse.

On that note, I wouldn't be opposed to Gallows and Anderson accompanying Balor in a Bullet Club - Balor Club? - reunion, though it would really only make sense if he were a (really cool) heel (with really cool t-shirts).

But we're probably better off staying well shot.

As I recall they were the tag team version of Baron Corbin, famous for defeating jobbers and not doing much else.

As I recall they were the tag team version of Baron Corbin, famous for defeating jobbers and not doing much else.

You cant be that gullable to believe what you say? Do you even know how long Corbin has been "wrestling for" prior to WWE unlike other stars that may get a push ahead of him? Defeating the certain names he has this early on in his career is an awesome start to develop on.

Anyway on topic, NXT/WWE should take advantage of the history Balor/Gallows/Anderson have, even use the bond they have with AJ to push them to the main roster. Like an above poster mentioned, could see Gallows & Anderson debuting in a fashion that helps Balor retain. That person however should be who he drops the title too prior to his main roster debut tho IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back