• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The film that scared you the most.

Dex:

A) Halloween. Greatest horror film ever made. Dare you argue?

...it's certainly up there but I wouldn't exactly call it a lock for first place. I think it's between Exorcist, Aliens, and Halloween, and I'm tempted to give the nod to Aliens. It's always been a personal favorite of mine, and it's full of memorable moments. Can you remember how you felt as they were standing in the room they'd sealed off, listening to the turrets firing, watching the xenomorphs get closer and closer on the motion sensor? Fucking thrilling movie.

B) Planet Terror is one of the two films in Grindhouse, it's the first one...didn't you just say you liked Grindhouse? Did you only see the second part, Death Proof?

I did, and I'll tell you why. I hate Robert Rodriguez. There, I said it. Now we all have to deal with it. I just fucking hate everything he's done. His part of Four Rooms sucked, the Mexico Trilogy sucked, and need I even mention The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl? The only things he's done that are even remotely worth a damn are From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City, and honestly, I think even those are overrated.

Oh, and as for Romero? I hesitate to call that horror because it's so... unique. I'm more of the opinion that Romero created his own genre. It's heavily horror influenced, of course, but he mixes in that social commentary you mentioned along with some very smart humor and a kind of grotesque, over-the-top gore level that transcends anything in the horror genre in my opinion. The man, quite frankly, is a fucking genius in every way.

The shining...

Also, I hated those Child Play movies. That stupid doll scared the shit out of me. A had a doll like that and before I would go to bed I'd have to lock the bastard in the closet because I was scared it was going to come to life and kill me... Yeah laugh at me all you want but that little doll was scary... :(

Haha I was about to mention Child's Play, Chucky gave me many fucking sleepless nights as a kid. Not as many as watching the Exorcist when I was like 10 years old though. That shit haunted me for years, every time I'd be lying in bed and my stomach would start to ache or anything of the sort, I thought I was in the process of getting possessed. :(

No movie to this date has scared me from watching the movie itself. The only thing that all scary/horror movies make me do is laugh at whats happening, get impressed by the things people come up with to kill someone or the people in the cinema screaming that makes me jump. Thats it.

However, I will say that The Grudge is the only movie that has had any affect on me outside the Cinema.

Reason: I watched the movie with some mates & found it ridiculous. We watched another movie to get our minds of how shit it really was. It was meant for a sleepover type thing in a garage at my mates place. What happened is that we started teasing how The Grudge is the most fucktarded scary movie ever & that scary movie was more horror than that was. After we stopped pissing ourselves laughing a small awkward silence happened. At that time, The Grudge noise happened, the door slammed shut & the lights flickered.

That is the scariest shit that has ever happened to me. True story

...it's certainly up there but I wouldn't exactly call it a lock for first place. I think it's between Exorcist, Aliens, and Halloween, and I'm tempted to give the nod to Aliens. It's always been a personal favorite of mine, and it's full of memorable moments. Can you remember how you felt as they were standing in the room they'd sealed off, listening to the turrets firing, watching the xenomorphs get closer and closer on the motion sensor? Fucking thrilling movie.

I love Aliens...but it's simply not really a horror film. The original Alien, that was a horror film. Aliens is an action film from start to finish, and never pretends to be anything else. I love Aliens, but it's nowhere near Halloween in my book. The Exorcist is amazing, but I still give the nod to Halloween. No film has ever entertained me more than the original Halloween did and continues to.

I did, and I'll tell you why. I hate Robert Rodriguez. There, I said it. Now we all have to deal with it. I just fucking hate everything he's done. His part of Four Rooms sucked, the Mexico Trilogy sucked, and need I even mention The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl? The only things he's done that are even remotely worth a damn are From Dusk Till Dawn and Sin City, and honestly, I think even those are overrated.

From Dust Till Dawn...overrated? BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY! STONE THE INFIDEL TO DEATH!

Haha, no I understand. I love Rodriguez though. From Dusk Till Dawn is one of my all time favorite movies. It's not some masterpiece or anything, but god damn if there isn't a more fun movie on this planet to watch. Putting in From Dusk Till Dawn is like starting a party in my mind, I can't help but just have a great fuckin' time watching it. SOOO many good memories of watching that movie during the summertime with friends all the time when I was younger. Love that movie to death.

You didn't like his part in Four Rooms?! I love Four Rooms, that's an underrated flick.

The first two films int he Mexico Trilogy were fantastic, with El Mariachi being the best hands down. Sin City is good as well, albeit overrated. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Rodriguez. How can you NOT love that opening scene of Desperado?

One of the best intros EVER. Six-Bladed Knife playing the background is a big part of that though.

Oh, and as for Romero? I hesitate to call that horror because it's so... unique. I'm more of the opinion that Romero created his own genre. It's heavily horror influenced, of course, but he mixes in that social commentary you mentioned along with some very smart humor and a kind of grotesque, over-the-top gore level that transcends anything in the horror genre in my opinion. The man, quite frankly, is a fucking genius in every way.

Oh yes, Romero is a genius. But I wouldn't call his gore over-the-top. Dead Alive, now that is over-the-top. Peter Jackson is the king of over-the-top gore in my book. Though he uses it for comedic effects.

Oh yes, Romero is a genius. But I wouldn't call his gore over-the-top. Dead Alive, now that is over-the-top. Peter Jackson is the king of over-the-top gore in my book. Though he uses it for comedic effects.

Yeah, there's been bigger since Romero, but it's just been others picking up the gauntlet he threw down. SO many things started with Romero. I mean hell, without Romero, I wouldn't be neck deep in The Walking Dead comics right now and fucking loving them (highly recommended, btw).

I love Aliens...but it's simply not really a horror film.

Depends on who you ask and what criteria you use. It's certainly a genre-bender and I can see both sides. I consider it horror because of the moody atmosphere, the fact that so many main characters die (a hallmark of most horror films, of course), and disturbing subject matter of the life-cycle of the xenomorph that's featured so prominently. It's on the IMDB list of the top 50 horror movies of all time, if that helps my case any.

You didn't like his part in Four Rooms?! I love Four Rooms, that's an underrated flick.

It really is. Fantastic movie. But yeah, I didn't care for his part. It was cute and all but it just didn't feel like it fit with the rest of the movie.

How can you NOT love that opening scene of Desperado?

Tell me this. If that was anyone OTHER than Steve Buschemi, would it still be good?

The orginal Exorcist scared the living shit out of me when I first watched it, damn if that didn't keep my for a few nights.

As for the original Halloween.... gotta agree with XFear... greatest horror movie of all time. I love, watch it every few months, and pretty much every to every other day in October. Man that is one great movie. But it didn't scare me as much as the Exorcist.

Yeah, there's been bigger since Romero, but it's just been others picking up the gauntlet he threw down. SO many things started with Romero. I mean hell, without Romero, I wouldn't be neck deep in The Walking Dead comics right now and fucking loving them (highly recommended, btw).

Oh yeah The Walking Dead is fucking AWESOME.

Depends on who you ask and what criteria you use. It's certainly a genre-bender and I can see both sides. I consider it horror because of the moody atmosphere, the fact that so many main characters die (a hallmark of most horror films, of course), and disturbing subject matter of the life-cycle of the xenomorph that's featured so prominently. It's on the IMDB list of the top 50 horror movies of all time, if that helps my case any.

IMDB = The Laughing Stock of the Film Industry. I can't tell you how much false shit I've read on there. Not very reliable.

Aliens certainly features many horror elements, but at it's heart its an action film through and through. All of the story is secondary to Humans With Guns vs. Lots of Fuckin' Aliens, unlike the first film which was a slow and tenseful build of suspense before teasing you with the one Alien and finally thrusting it in all it's glory in your face.

HR Giger is the man.

Tell me this. If that was anyone OTHER than Steve Buscemi, would it still be good?

Haha maybe not, but the speech he gives itself is expertly written, Rodriguez has a wonderful ear for dialogue much like Tarantino. I've heard Tarantino helped write that monologue though.

As for the original Halloween.... gotta agree with XFear... greatest horror movie of all time. I love, watch it every few months, and pretty much every to every other day in October. Man that is one great movie. But it didn't scare me as much as the Exorcist.

Fuck yes. I'm a HUGE Halloween fanboy, and during the month of October I watch Parts 1-5 jus on a constant cycle. Parts 2, 3, and 4 are all classics as well. Love that franchise to death. The original film is probably my favorite film of all time (besides Blue Velvet of course). Ya know, I might just throw it on right now. Fuck yes I will, in preparation for the release of H2 on Friday. Can't WAIT to see that.

Nightmare on Elm Street, couldn't sleep after that. And Labyrinth gave me a serious case of the heebie jeebies :S

Child's Play series scared the hell out of me. My cousin would always buy them and I would watch them even thought each time it scared me. But as I got older the Chucky movies didn't scare me. Like Seed of Chucky was like meh....

I have to agree with Steve. Fucking It scared the ever living shit out of me when I was a kid. Pennywise was a scary fucking clown, and I still have a phobia of them ever since. Also doesn't help that Gacy was a clown, and lived not too far from me. FUCK CLOWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Monsters inc. Scariest movie in the world. I didn't sleep for a week after watching it.

Honestly can't believe anyone was really scared of the Blair Witch Project. That was the most overhyped letdown I have ever seen in a theater. I given them props for novelty ... but to claim it was "the scariest movie ever" and all that nonsense was just plain wrong.

I don't generally find psychological films like The Exorcist or Session 9 to be scary. Rather, the movies that typically get my nerves going are traditional horror films with moments designed to make you jump.

First film I believe I saw that I was scared of was actually Poltergeist. However I would have only been probably 6 or so when I first saw it.

If you are a kid, and this scene right here didn't make you jump ... then kudos to you.

If you haven't seen the film, here is the first scene introducing you to the clown doll ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j02cXEvJThM

and then, there's this ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc7oJhvNr4w

Halloween 1 and 2 also scared me quite a bit, as well.

However, as far as "most jumps" is concerned ... I am going to have to tip my hat to Wes Craven's Scream Trilogy, the last great horror series ever made.

Honestly can't believe anyone was really scared of the Blair Witch Project. That was the most overhyped letdown I have ever seen in a theater. I given them props for novelty ... but to claim it was "the scariest movie ever" and all that nonsense was just plain wrong.

Well it scared the shit out of me. And it was only 2/3 years ago I watched it for the first time and, as I said, I was convinced that the footage was actually real for several days.

As for the Saw films, the first Saw is absolutely superb, it's by far the best in the series. When that guy is locked in that razor-wire cage (apart from the razor-wire the first thing I thought of when I saw that was Hell in a Cell) and has two hours to get out, that messed me up for an hour or so.

Grease 2.

Now wait.. let's be honest here. The first one was horrible, yet acceptable by several individuals standards. (not me, but thats another story) However, the 2nd one is just simply atrocious. I don't even have a reasonable explanation on why I sat through it, to be honest. I mean, its a blatant rip off of a two-character system and neither one worked the 2nd time around.

First off.. Maxwell Caulfield.. who is stepping into the shoes of being the lead, after John fucking Travolta? Uhm, no. Just no.

Second.. Michelle Pfeiffer.. hot as hell. Can't fucking sing a note if her life depended on it.

Third.. the T-Birds; go from being this cool, hip, cocky and smooth group - lead by Travolta.. to being this.. silly, foolish, often scared and overall lame group of likely drop-outs - lead by Adrian Zmed. :wtf:

And finally.. the scene in the entire movie, that just did it in and scared the living shit out of me.. singing a fucking song.. to simply reject someone. I mean.. what the fuck? If a bitch broke into song and dance on rejecting me, I'd have likely said "Bitch, just shut the fuck up. Getting into your pants isn't worth hearing you open your mouth for 3 and a half minutes." And went on to the next girl.

A) Halloween. Greatest horror film ever made.

Gotta agree. The original Halloween is indeed greatness, a true classic. The Halloween franchise would probably be my favourite horror series but nothing beats the original John Carpenter classic. Whenever Rob Zombie brought out the up dated version, it got be stoked for the entire series again so I went out and bought them all. Hopefully the new one will be good...

I watched a British horror recently called 'Creep' and it was the first time in a while that a horror movie scared the shit out of me.

I fucking HATE horror movies. Sorry, guys.

Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Saw it when I was about 8 years old. When Freddy ripped off the top of his head and said, "You've got the body... I've got the brain," I don't think I slept again until I was 13. Honestly, I still have dreams about that part of the movie... so freaky...

The Ring, I was 8. I had a bunk beds, and I was always really scared that the Well was under my bed, when I slept. I slept with my mother until I was like 8, because of that movie.

Goddamn it Milk, you make me feel old. 8 when you saw this movie, really?

The movie that scared me the most when I was a youngster was Friday the 13th part 3. I was roughly eight when I saw this film and they couldn't kill the fucker at the end. Hung him in the barn, no dice. Put an axe in his head, minor inconvenience. I couldn't sleep the night I saw it, I thought that bastard was going to come in through my bedroom window and kill me. I never realized just how long the night was until I wasn't able to sleep through it.
The Halloween series is also my favorite and I have seen all of them countless times. The first was scary, killing for no rhyme or reason. The only one I really despise is the one with Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks in it. It was dumb and I wanted to see them butchered but Busta lives and they don't show Tyra's death, just her corpse. H2 coming out this weekend, gotta go see it.

Reactions: X
The diner scene in Mulholland Drive is the scariest shit I've ever seen in a film, hands down.

FUCK yes JMT. That scene still scares the ever loving shit out of me. Same with that final scene with the two old people...holy shit that still creeps me out. Seen Lost Highway? There is a really creepy scene in that as well that creeps me out still.

Goddamn it Milk, you make me feel old. 8 when you saw this movie, really?

The movie that scared me the most when I was a youngster was Friday the 13th part 3. I was roughly eight when I saw this film and they couldn't kill the fucker at the end. Hung him in the barn, no dice. Put an axe in his head, minor inconvenience. I couldn't sleep the night I saw it, I thought that bastard was going to come in through my bedroom window and kill me. I never realized just how long the night was until I wasn't able to sleep through it.
The Halloween series is also my favorite and I have seen all of them countless times. The first was scary, killing for no rhyme or reason. The only one I really despise is the one with Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks in it. It was dumb and I wanted to see them butchered but Busta lives and they don't show Tyra's death, just her corpse. H2 coming out this weekend, gotta go see it.

Man I fuckin' love you Cowboy, you rock. You're also a big F13 and Halloween fan? You're the man, seriously. I couldn't begin to count the amounts of times I've seen the F13 and Halloween films (got Wes Craven's autograph hanging next to my computer and an original one sheet for the first F13 with Cunningham's autograph on it :D)

Make sure to let me know what you thought of H2 bro, I'll be there opening night as well!

BJ scene in the Shining creeped the shit out of me. It's so quick and unexpected. I thought shit was going down.

Flying monkeys when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back