The film that scared you the most.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
Which film has scared you the most?

My choice is The Blair Witch Project, simply because for several days I was convinced that it was actually real, that's how good it was.

Mine was when I was pretty young. Me and my older sister, 3 years older, watched it one saturday night at home whilst our parents were out. Freaked my sister out more than me, but yeah I was pretty scared. That was The Candyman.

Kind of lame I know, and I have watched it since and was like.. meh. But at the time scared the heck out of me.

Probably watching The Shining when I was 7. That scared the everloving piss out of me. Not many films have "scared" me since then though. Session 9 creeped me out quite a bit.

It's been a very long time since a horror film legitimately frightened me. I can't really think of any since I was a kid.

Jumping Jack Flash scared the shit out of me for some reason when I was young. The last film to literally make me jump was the American remake of The Ring.

I don't think a film has ever properly scared me.

I've been scared of a game before. A homemade game called Whispers in the Woods. It was amazing,

You're going to find this funny, but I was shit scared of two scenes from Ghostbusters. One was the opening part when the old lady turns into uber ghoul and I couldn't watch any scene with Gozer, I found her so frightening. I got over it eventually, I love it now.

As for scaring me right now, I can't think of one, I don't watch horror films as much but there's a play that's great to see and it's left a very chilling mark after seeing it the first time around, The Woman in Black, if you think anything you've seen on films is scary, I recommend seeing this play, just getting a spine chill thinking about it.

EDIT: Just read there's a film based on the book. I'm actually in two minds whether to actually watch it or leave it

Probably watching The Shining when I was 7. That scared the everloving piss out of me. Not many films have "scared" me since then though. Session 9 creeped me out quite a bit.

It's been a very long time since a horror film legitimately frightened me. I can't really think of any since I was a kid.

I only recently watched that for the first time. And that is actually pretty damn frightening. The Snow Maze chase at the end is very creepy. I can only imagine what kind of effect it must of had on you when you were 7.

One film that used to scare me when I was a kid was Disney's Sleeping Beauty, well mostly the scene where the Princess is in that trance and is going up that tower towards that spinning wheel. The combination of what was going on, the sense of dread and the music made this the stuff of nightmares when I was a kid. Infact I recently watched that scene again and I still find the music unsettling.

[youtube]vgDoO1mTbyg[/youtube]

This is probably kinda lame, but The Ring (yeah, the American version) actually spooked me out quite a bit. I'm something of a connoisseur of horror movies, so it's not like I'm just a total pussy or anything (maybe I am, but not for that specific reason), it's just that particular movie, the first time I watched it, just fucked with my head.

Every subsequent viewing after the first, I just found it stupid, but for some reason I can't explain, that first time... I had trouble getting to sleep that night.

The Ring, I was 8. I had a bunk beds, and I was always really scared that the Well was under my bed, when I slept. I slept with my mother until I was like 8, because of that movie.

This is probably kinda lame, but The Ring (yeah, the American version) actually spooked me out quite a bit. I'm something of a connoisseur of horror movies, so it's not like I'm just a total pussy or anything (maybe I am, but not for that specific reason), it's just that particular movie, the first time I watched it, just fucked with my head.

Every subsequent viewing after the first, I just found it stupid, but for some reason I can't explain, that first time... I had trouble getting to sleep that night.

A horror connoisseur eh? Dexter, did you REALLY need to give me yet another reason to love you? Haha, what's your favorite horror film bud? I'm known around these parts as the horror-phile (JMT, TDigs and Cowboyfromhell are as well).

The Serpent and the Rainbow. I saw it in the movie theater when I was about 7 or 8. I don't remember any particular scenes, nor have I seen it since- I just remember having to close my eyes alot because I was terrified.

The Serpent and the Rainbow. I saw it in the movie theater when I was about 7 or 8. I don't remember any particular scenes, nor have I seen it since- I just remember having to close my eyes alot because I was terrified.

...Why aren't we married again?

I love love LOVE The Serpent and the Rainbow, one of my very favorite horror films and probably Craven's best film after the original Nightmare on Elm Street. That movie is a total classic!

Seriously, isn't there a limit to how cool you're allowed to be? :p

...Why aren't we married again?

If only you would move to PA... we could marry, watch endless hours of ECW and horror movies, drink massive amounts of whiskey, have stimulating conversation about the ways of the world all while listening to The Doors. :)

I love love LOVE The Serpent and the Rainbow, one of my very favorite horror films and probably Craven's best film after the original Nightmare on Elm Street. That movie is a total classic!

So you're saying I should give it another go, eh? I think I'm old enough to give it a whirl now.

Seriously, isn't there a limit to how cool you're allowed to be? :p

Absolutely not. I sweat coolness.

Stephen King's It!

That shit was fucked up! I watched it when I was 9 or so...the thing was all kinds of insane. Ask any puertorrican that lived in the island that grew up in the 90's...they'll say they watched It in Spanish.

Tim Curry is a goddamn fine actor!

After that came child's play when I was 9 as well. freaky part is that my mother used to have these porcelain dolls in the living room...you can see where I'm going with this.

If only you would move to PA... we could marry, watch endless hours of ECW and horror movies, drink massive amounts of whiskey, have stimulating conversation about the ways of the world all while listening to The Doors. :)

Sounds like a plan ma'am. I'll bring the horror and ECW (though I'm sure you probably own almost everything ECW ever produced anyways :lmao:), you bring the whiskey, and we'll do a jig to the Doors while simultaneously watching Barely Legal.

So you're saying I should give it another go, eh? I think I'm old enough to give it a whirl now.

Definitely. I'm sure it won't scare you as much as when you were a kid, but it's a damn good horror film.

Absolutely not. I sweat coolness.

Bottle it! We'll make millions!

Oh Steve of course, It! How could I forget that?! Great story for that one. Me and my friend were 7 and we FINALLY convinced his mom to go rent It for us because we had heard all these stories about it. We put the tape in, watch the first scene with the little girl on the bicycle...and then we immediately shut it off and said "Uhhh...we'll watch it in the morning!" (it was night and I was sleeping over). Needless to say, we never fuckin' watched it the next morning haha we were scared shitless. That's a great flick, definitely freaked me out when we finally did watch all of it not long after that.

Not a horror film...but the scene with the weird muppet looking creatures in Labyrinth that juggle their heads...that scared me shitless. Who else loves Labryinth? I bet you do RVDgurl, don't you?

I'm with X for the Shining when I was younger that was THE scariest fucking movie. I remember when Nicholson burst through the door with the axe I pretty much wet my pants. The kid was a fuck RED-RUM RED-RUM. I heard that every night I went to bed and pictured my bedroom door opening and a sea of blood pouring in. That movie messed me up when I was young, now I fucking love it.

I gotta say Final Destination (the first one) freaked me out too when I first saw it, I thought I was going to die. Death was after me....

A horror connoisseur eh? Dexter, did you REALLY need to give me yet another reason to love you? Haha, what's your favorite horror film bud? I'm known around these parts as the horror-phile (JMT, TDigs and Cowboyfromhell are as well).

I've got a deep respect for the classics. The Exorcist, The Shining, Amityville Horror, Omen, Children of the Corn, Misery, Aliens. Helps that I was around when several of those first came out. Big fan of most of Craven's work, of course, and George Romero (if you can even call that horror... not sure I would).

As for modern horror... I'm going to destroy my credibility here and say that I enjoyed Saw 1 and 3. The rest were shit, but those two, I found pretty inspired. I tend to appreciate moody horror over shock horror, so I count Event Horizon among my favorites because it nailed "moody". Recently, I enjoyed Drag Me to Hell and Grindhouse.

I've got a deep respect for the classics. The Exorcist, The Shining, Amityville Horror, Omen, Children of the Corn, Misery, Aliens. Helps that I was around when several of those first came out. Big fan of most of Craven's work, of course, and George Romero (if you can even call that horror... not sure I would).

Oh? I'd definitely call Romero's film horror, what else would they be? They all have very serious and well done social commentaries inserted into the films, but all of his films are indeed horror films at heart. Love Romero obviously. All of those you mentioned are good.

But you forgot the greatest horror film EVER made: Halloween.

:worship:

As for modern horror... I'm going to destroy my credibility here and say that I enjoyed Saw 1 and 3. The rest were shit, but those two, I found pretty inspired. I tend to appreciate moody horror over shock horror, so I count Event Horizon among my favorites because it nailed "moody". Recently, I enjoyed Drag Me to Hell and Grindhouse.

Doesn't destroy your credibility. I remember hearing for months online about all the hype for this new movie called Saw, and when I finally saw it in theaters I was blown away. The original Saw is a damn good film. The 2nd film...it's decent. It's nothing more than a slasher film in the vein of the Final Destination films though, the entire purpose is just to set up elaborate kill scenes. I thought Part 3 was decently enjoyable as well. 4-5 were absolute garbage that are an insult to horror.

I like "moody" horror as well. Probably why Rosemary's Baby is still one of the most frightening films I've ever seen.

Drag Me to Hell and both Grindhouse flicks were awesome as well, I fucking LOVE Planet Terror, it's like a Romero film but without any of the social commentary, and much more gore and fun. It's just a trhill-ride from start to finish of blood, guts, boobs, guns, and zombies. Fucking love that movie, SUCH a fun movie to see in theaters, had a great time.

A lot of films has generated scary moments for me, but it's difficult in hindsight to pin point just one. The horror genre is probably my favorite genre of film, followed closely beside comedy.

I have to admit, I never got around to seeing Rosemary's Baby. I know that makes me a horrible person and a sham of a horror fan, but I just never got around to it. Now that you've brought it to mind though, I'm going to put it on the netflix queue. Planet Terror, too, on your recommendation. I wasn't impressed with the trailer for that one so I just never bothered.

Honestly though, Drag me to Hell didn't impress me by the trailers either. I didn't think much of it when I saw it advertised, but I picked it up on a friend's recommendation and really enjoyed it. Seriously though... PG-13 horror? SO rare for that to actually work.

Dex:

A) Halloween. Greatest horror film ever made. Dare you argue?

B) Planet Terror is one of the two films in Grindhouse, it's the first one...didn't you just say you liked Grindhouse? Did you only see the second part, Death Proof?

Rosemary's Baby is very good if you're into moody horror, few filmmakers are better at creating mood than Polanski. Definitely a treat for someone that appreciates a more moody and suspenseful film. The ending never fails to creep me out.

:disappointed:

I can't believe you even need to ask Milky. Obviously the original. Greatest horror film ever made, and nothing comes close. I watch it atleast twice a month, and it never gets old despite being on viewing number 12,000 or so.

Halloween > GOD!

The shining...

Also, I hated those Child Play movies. That stupid doll scared the shit out of me. A had a doll like that and before I would go to bed I'd have to lock the bastard in the closet because I was scared it was going to come to life and kill me... Yeah laugh at me all you want but that little doll was scary... :(

I can't believe you even need to ask Milky. Obviously the original.

I've had people try to legitimately argue the fact that the new one is better than the old one. I was sad, deeply sad. Even if I've only watched the original once, when I was like 9 and hardly remember it. EVEN I know, the original >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The new. And I live under a rock.

Halloween > GOD!

Must you? :suspic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back