• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Failure that is CM Punk

While you can argue that during that time, RAW was in a slump, and true, it wouldn't really take much to improve it, but Punk took that 2.7 rating and turned into a 3.4 or 3.5 if my memory serves me right, and that's a huge rise just for one person. You could argue that it was just for the mere shock, but those ratings continued over the weeks.. while not as 3.5, around 3.3 which is still strong.
That isn't true at all.

The ratings never dipped below 3.0, and the only reason the ratings went up was because of the Draft. In it's normal timeslot, the Draft scored a 3.7 rating. Punk's win the next week did a 3.5, as did the following week, and then the ratings went down to 3.3 and below.

So, not only was it not Punk who made the ratings go up, you can clearly make a case that he was the reason they went down.

That isn't true at all.

The ratings never dipped below 3.0, and the only reason the ratings went up was because of the Draft. In it's normal timeslot, the Draft scored a 3.7 rating. Punk's win the next week did a 3.5, as did the following week, and then the ratings went down to 3.3 and below.

So, not only was it not Punk who made the ratings go up, you can clearly make a case that he was the reason they went down.

Ok but you're telling me that after the Draft, with Punk winning the title that he didn't contribute towards those ratings? If you look at the ratings breakdown I'm sure any Punk match would have been significantly higher than the rest, because at the time, it was pretty much the ONLY thing going on RAW storyline wise. And yeah, I'm not saying he was perfect but he did help the WWE keep above the 3.0 rating, anything below that is a failure by the WWE for RAW.

Ok but you're telling me that after the Draft, with Punk winning the title that he didn't contribute towards those ratings?
Yes, that's what I'm telling you. Punk didn't contribute to ratings. It was the post-Draft show, as well as the "anything can happen atmosphere" they promoted which bumped ratings. When the post-Draft glow expired, and things got more predictable, then Raw depended on its champion...and Punk couldn't deliver. There were several main-events that Punk was in that actually lost viewers.

If you look at the ratings breakdown I'm sure any Punk match would have been significantly higher than the rest, because at the time, it was pretty much the ONLY thing going on RAW storyline wise.
Being "pretty sure" and being "100% positive" are two separate things. And I'm 100% positive there were several times when Punk segments, in the main-event, lost viewers.

And yeah, I'm not saying he was perfect but he did help the WWE keep above the 3.0 rating, anything below that is a failure by the WWE for RAW.
He did? I'm not so certain on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back