• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The End Of Days Is Upon Us: Pee-Wee Herman's coming to Raw

I just read a little while ago that Pee-Wee Herman is going to be hosting the November 1st episode of WWE Monday Night Raw. What I'd like to know is what in the blue fuck for?:wtf:

Paul Reubens has been doing Pee-Wee Herman on Broadway for a while now and there's apparently a bit of a break in between shows right now, so he's going to be hosting Raw. This has disaster written all over it, it really does. This has the potential be be even worse than anything we've seen from Hornswoggle, I shit you not. I can only pray that the WWE keeps the guy on screen for a couple of minutes at the most. Even if that's the route they go, it's probably going to be a painful few minutes.

Vince, you're getting your ass handed to you right now by Monday Night Football. Raw is scoring the lowest numbers its had in several years and you're bringing Pee-Wee Herman, Pee-Wee Fuckin' Herman, to help combat the juggernaut that is the National Football League? If the rating for November 1st's Raw tanks, then it'll be a flop that's well deserved.

I have to agree with Jack Hammer for the most part. I was a huge Pee Wee Herman fan as a kid watching Pee Wee's Playhouse every Saturday morning. Paul Ruebens really hasn't been relevant since the 80's and early 90's. He has been in a few movies and it seems now he is revitalizing his popular role as Pee Wee Herman.

I just don't think that this is the answer for Raw. The entire guest hosts/guest star concept has been a joke and hasn't drawn any ratings for the most part unless its someone like Shaq. I was a huge fan of Pee Wee as a child, but most children nowadays don't even know who Pee Wee is. Wrestling fans could care less as well. Who is next? Sponge Bob Square Pants? When did Raw turn into a kids show?

It's hardly a big deal. Pee-Wee Herman won't be as involved in the show as many others have been. He might get a segment here and there, which might give a few laughs from the kids, and then it's all good I guess. Other than that, really it's no big deal. It's not like he gets to decide the matches from a kayfabe perspective anymore, or anything of importance that would make this absolutely suck.

Besides, WWE wouldn't bring in a celebrity if they didn't think it'd be a good move. They're after all the ones that tries to drive their company. They wouldn't try to ruin it by moving Pee-Wee Herman onto the screen, if it wasn't a good thing.

Really? Really?

Really?

Do I even need to make a video montage set to Benny Hill music proving you completely wrong?

Do I even need to make a list of guest hosts who have been or SEEMED to be worse and more unfitting than Pee-Wee?

Yes really, yes really and yes really. The purpose of the guest host angle has been to draw people's attention to the WWE that might not normally watch wrestling. Raw is getting killed by Monday Night Football right now. It hasn't pulled numbers this bad in several years so if you want to bring a celebrity onto the show in an attempt to possibly boost ratings, why would you want Pee-Wee Herman? Paul Reubens hasn't been remotely relevant for almost 20 years now. He hardly even qualifies as a celebrity anymore. Paul Reubens will be on Raw in character as Pee-Wee Herman and that's simply nothing to look forward to.

Also, what's with your hatred of Pee-Wee Herman? I used to watch the show occasionally as a kid, but I never got into him until I was AN ADULT, and I loved his show.

I'm 30 years old and I still watch Looney Toons whenever I get a chance. I still love 'em, but I wouldn't be all that excited about seeing Elmer Fudd hosting Raw either. I never said I hated the guy, I just have no interest in his appearance whatsoever and the possibility of his appearance being among the corniest segments in pro wrestling history are pretty good.

Besides, if you ever saw "The Pee-Wee Herman Show" stage show from 1981, you'd see just how adult Reuben's act can be.

Yes well, you know that we're not going to have a very adult Pee-Wee Herman on a PG rated Raw. Maybe they'll even go that extra yard and have Hornswoggle come out with him.

I think the whole Guest Host thing as run it course long ago.

The Host doesn’t do anything any more except has a little skit with Santino. Which come on, Santino in Pee-Wee's play house, now that’s got to be entertaining.

Again they need to get rid of this whole Guest Host thing. I can't hate on Pee-Wee to much because he is not the worst host they've had, not even close.

I, for one, am SO excited for this. Besides, this will be media genius. He was originally an ADULT comedian to begin with. It was by pure accident he became a kids fave. This could be something that they need to give a small boost, people will tune in just to see what has become of this former tabloid, scandal ridden personality. Besides, you can't deny the cult appeal of this person. Who wouldn't want to watch and see all the 'innuendo' jokes from his bad luck in the past with the 'adult movie house' trouble? I for one will still always be a pee wee fan, and am glad they are giving him a chance. Still, you know its only gonna be like a two second appearance anyway with the way this guest star sh-tick goes.

This is not a big deal at all and is being blown way out of proportion. Have we all forgotten that Florence fucking Henderson has hosted RAW? The mom from the Brady Bunch is certainly not someone that should be anywhere near a wrestling show but she did fine. I believe she had one short in ring segment to announce a match and then she did a couple backstage segments. Pee Wee will most likely do the same and no harm will be done.

People need to settle down on this topic as there are far worse things the WWE has done and could do. I personally am excited to see my boy Pee Wee for the nostalgia factor. A little backstage Pee Wee's playhouse segment with Santino, Goldust, and Khali and probably a word of the day segment in the ring to announce the main event won't do any harm.

That's your defense? Florence Henderson. In a good promotion the defense would be talking about how all of the great wrestling makes up for this. But clearly there is none of that in WWE. "Well they sucked on this show too". Oh Brother.

:disappointed:. Honestly where did I say that this was a great idea and that it was going to boost ratings and make the WWE great? All I said was that people are blowing this way out of proportion. This guest host, like the majority of them, will really have no affect on the show itself. You're going to get back stage comedy segments regardless, with the guest hosts you just get a celebrity involved with them. Does it make it a good idea? Not necessarily, but those acting like THIS is the end of the world and THIS is going to turn off all wrestling fans need to get the tampon out of their ass and settle down.
Oh don't worry. WWE will find a way to do all of those and suck even worse.

You really have no room to comment on anything as you've already stated you haven't even watched the WWE in several years. If that really is the case then you have no idea how all the guest hosts have even been booked. I also hope you aren't a TNA fan with your calling out of the WWE for not enough wrestling. That would truly be laughable. RAW is the flagship show that focuses more on trying to attract a wider audience. Smackdown is where you get the most wrestling.

I wonder if Pee Wee ever wacked it to Cowboy Troys daughter +2 if you get that reference.

This would have been awesome if the WWE weren't PG, most of Pee Wee's material would be lost of kids of today and the adults may get a small chuckle. I can imagine Santino doing the Pee Wee dance or Hornswaggle riding the bike.

I didn't get this at all. I mean, most of the kids who watch the WWE don't know who the hell Pee Wee Herman even is. It's definitely not going to draw them in, but maybe it pulls back some of the older fans, some of Herman's fans in. Hell, if it works well hats off to the WWE for coming up with this, but I don't see this going anywhere. If anything, this shows that they're running out of suitable guest hosts and ideas for that concept anymore. It might just be time to call it quits with that whole concept.

I personally hate the guest host gimmick, but I marked out when I heard about Pee Wee Herman hosting Raw. Honestly, I think he would make a great on-screen personality for WWE and I think he would have been perfect during the Attitude era. He has quite a following and could be a very successful GM. Certainly better than some of the other GM's we've seen over the years. I think a lot of these people who are talking shit about Pee Wee are probably just too young to really know anything about him. Pee Wee Herman is one hell of an entertainer and I am really looking forward to his interactions with some of the wrestlers, i.e. Randy Orton. I wish they'd sign him to a long-term contract.

Also, off-topic, they're making a new Pee Wee Herman movie, by the same guy who made Forty-year-old Virgin and Superbad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back