• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The End of an Era? or just the Super Loser Curse?

ThePeoplesChampion

Getting Noticed By Management
So the Colts just got crushed by the Chargers with Mannning throwing 4 ints...last week the Colts lost to rivial Patriots and in the past 4 games they are just 1-4 with there only win over the Lowly Bengals in a close game...So what the question is is. Is this the end of era the end of the Colts domiance? or is it just the whole Super Bowl loser curse and the Colts will just bounce back next year?

Why are you already dismissing this year? They may not make the Super Bowl but I still say they definitely make the playoffs. The abundance of injuries have paid a huge toll on the Cots this season but they are still tied for the top of their division. The last 5 games on the Colts schedule consist of 3 division games (2 vs the Titans and 1 vs the Jags) and then a couple of games against inferior teams in Dallas and Oakland. The Colts could definitely sweep their final 5 games and finish 11-5. They may be 1-3 in their last 4 but the three losses came to Philly in a close game, New England in a close game, and then San Diego. All three of those teams are easily superior to the remaining teams the Colts have on their schedule.

I believe Indy will win their division at 10-6 or 11-5 and with the amount of injuries they've had this season that would be nothing short of remarkable. Once they get in the playoffs anything can happen. Especially considering the fact that they have arguably the greatest qb in NFL history leading them.

It's called "The Colts' entire team is injured" curse. Seriously...their whole team is injured, man. It probably wouldn't have helped them tonight...but they wouldn't be 6-5 if they had 1st or even 2nd string guys playing.

I'm in no way saying the Colts will miss the Playoffs....there remaining schedule is to easy for them not too make it...but the Colts had injuries last year (no where near as much as this year but) it seems like the Colts and manning just arent themselves...Manning isnt performing the game winning drives he seems to do with ease...the colts have lost a few by alot...maybe im overreacting

Of the Colts 5 losses, 3 of them have come by 3 points or less. The game tonight was the only one where they didn't have much of a chance. When it comes to the injuries they had a few last year but nothing like this and the guys they lost last year were not nearly as important as the ones lost this year.

I think the Colts will still be playing come January in the playoffs. Right now they are sitting at 6-5 and are tied for 1st with Jacksonville. The Jags have surprised some people this year, but I still think the Colts are better than them and the two team behind them (Houston and Tennessee). The Colts have been plagued with injuries, but the guys that have played replacement have filled in nicely. Manning is still making the offense go and he should get guys like Addai and Collie back soon and if that's the case the Colts will be a-ok and in playoff contention all season long.

Why are you already dismissing this year? They may not make the Super Bowl but I still say they definitely make the playoffs. The abundance of injuries have paid a huge toll on the Cots this season but they are still tied for the top of their division. The last 5 games on the Colts schedule consist of 3 division games (2 vs the Titans and 1 vs the Jags) and then a couple of games against inferior teams in Dallas and Oakland. The Colts could definitely sweep their final 5 games and finish 11-5. They may be 1-3 in their last 4 but the three losses came to Philly in a close game, New England in a close game, and then San Diego. All three of those teams are easily superior to the remaining teams the Colts have on their schedule.

I believe Indy will win their division at 10-6 or 11-5 and with the amount of injuries they've had this season that would be nothing short of remarkable. Once they get in the playoffs anything can happen. Especially considering the fact that they have arguably the greatest qb in NFL history leading them.

That's a pretty bold statement to make in my opinion. Because I believe that if they don't win their division, they don't make the playoffs. Maybe they still will, as you say they have a pretty light schedule the rest of the way, but the Jaguars are no slouches. I would imagine the two wild-card teams will be whoever doesn't win the AFC East and whoever doesn't win the AFC North, as the Colts are 3 games and 2 games behind these guys respectively. Even if the Colts win the rest of the way out, 11-5 likely won't get it done for the wildcard.

The Colts just seem to be missing something this year. Maybe it's as simple as injuries, but Manning himself doesn't seem the same to me either. Light schedule aside, I don't expect them to finish up at 11-5, it will more likely be 10-6 and could be 9-7 or worse. Time catches up on everyone and while I'm not suggesting that Manning is done by any stretch of the imagination, the days of his super-hero antics may be behind him. Before, if the rest of the team struggled, he was often good enough to pick up the slack. This doesn't seem to be the case this season.

In the end, I expect they will probably sneak into the postseason. However, with an opening round against either the Ravens/Steelers or possibly Jets/Patriots, I don't see a lengthy run this time. First round exit. If they get there in the first place.

Yea, an overreaction for sure. The Colts have had a number of injuries that hhave hurt them. The great Manning can't cover over that every time. As B.S said, their losses have been close, with the exception of last night's game. Manning didn't play well, but they ran into a team that is doing its annual late season run.

But there is no way they miss the playoffs. The Titans are done and both the Texans and Jaguars can't be trusted to finish out the season winning. And remember, Manning is still playing. Don't expect him to play bad again. This is not a Super Bowl, but still a playoff team.

That's a pretty bold statement to make in my opinion. Because I believe that if they don't win their division, they don't make the playoffs. Maybe they still will, as you say they have a pretty light schedule the rest of the way, but the Jaguars are no slouches. I would imagine the two wild-card teams will be whoever doesn't win the AFC East and whoever doesn't win the AFC North, as the Colts are 3 games and 2 games behind these guys respectively. Even if the Colts win the rest of the way out, 11-5 likely won't get it done for the wildcard.

Considering the Colts have made the playoffs the last 8 seasons it really isn't that bold of a statement. The wild cards will go to the AFC North and East so I agree with you there but the Colts should not have too much trouble winning their division. The Jags have surprised a lot of people but they did a similar thing last year and faltered near the end of the year. The Colts have a fairly easy schedule the last 5 games of the season, including a home game against Jacksonville that could very well decide the division. You can go with Jacksonville if you want but I'm going to stick with the Colts and their 4 time NFL MVP quarterback.

First of all, there are way to many "People's blank" in this thread.

I dont think its the curse or the end of the Colts semi-dynasty. Its a combination of injuries piling up on the Colts and the Chargers being a good team. Just about all of Peyton's main options are hurt. Usually, we see him adapt and get the best out of third string WRs. But there is only so much he can do. Personally, I also think they will still make the playoffs and because of Peyton, be a force in the playoffs.

The bigger thing is that the Chargers are a great team. Over the last few years, everyone expects big things out of the Chargers. But then they start off very slow. Just when things start to look grim, November comes and they play like they are the best team in the league. Last night, they did just that; they played like the best team in the league.

I think you are really over-thinking this. It was just a good team playing really well against a good team that is suffering from the injury bug.

The thing to understand here is that Peyton Manning is still at the top of his game. The four interception game was an anamoly, not a trend. He's had to shuffle parts on offense all year long, and he's still done an admirable job with all of the pieces that he's lost. Many guys have stepped into the lineup and have had to fill larger roles, and Peyton has made them much better then they are.

When Dallas Clark went down, Jacob Tamme stepped in. Peyton has made him look like a million dollars. The offensive line has been a mess, and both running backs in Brown and Addai have missed significant time. The only WR that has remained healthy the entire year has been Wayne. Its hard to win with so many parts missing.

Still, the Colts schedule down the stretch is quite favorable. They get Tennessee twice, Jacksonville, the 3-8 Cowboys, and Oakland. All of the games are very winnable. 10-6 isn't out of the question. They won't get a first round bye, but they're a playoff team for sure. I don't think its the end of the era, or that there a team that should be looking to next year. I think that if there's one team you DONT want to see on any given night in the playoffs, its the Colts, because of Peyton Manning.

Honestly if Im in the AFC...yes They have manning but like you said injuries have made them one dimensional...id take the Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers against them anyday...not to mention you still have the Jets and Ravens...in the AFC heir-achy right now..gotta have them sixth behind at the highest fourth behind the Pats, Chargers, Steelers.

Honestly if Im in the AFC...yes They have manning but like you said injuries have made them one dimensional...id take the Patriots, Steelers, and Chargers against them anyday...not to mention you still have the Jets and Ravens...in the AFC heir-achy right now..gotta have them sixth behind at the highest fourth behind the Pats, Chargers, Steelers.

You keep giving answers about right now that really no one is disagreeing with. But understand that the answers everyone is giving doesn't necessarily have to do with this season, but the future, which is what you were asking. We all know this isn't most likely their year, but you asked if this was the end of an era, and the answer is no way. Manning is still in his prime and his team will get healthy and better so, no, this isn't the end. Not by a long shot.

The Colts are still clearly in the mix for the playoffs. As some have said, the Jaguars are a suspect team when it comes to finally reaching the playoffs. I won't count them entirely out, especially since they always give the Colts a tough game and Scobee has a great leg, however I just don't see them as a playoff team. The Texans are in a freefall, not to mention the Colts don't play them anymore this season and the Titans are in a bad spot right now seeing as they don't have a legit QB starting for them. As of right now, there is no doubt that the Colts have to be the favorite to still win the AFC South, only because the rest of the division is just as fucked up right now in one way or another.

As for the playoffs themselves. As much as it pains me to say, I don't see very big things coming from this season or the playoffs. The Patriots and Steelers are very tough and probably the favorites. As good as the Chargers are, lets not forget that they aren't even winning their division right now which puts them in an interesting spot in regards to who they may match up with in the first round of the playoffs. Point is I don't really feel like the Colts are in a dire situation right now, they just need to buckle down and win these last couple games. The division is literally up for grabs.

could be the end of an era, and im not jus talking bout this season. manning may jus bolt or retire after this year(dear god i hope he doesnt) he is set to become the highest paid player in history and sign the first lifetime contract. but he says no and lets talk bout that later. we are hit pretty damn bad with injuries and manning cant throw to himself, so he may jus walk after this season. hell anyone of us is jus a colts injury away from starting. we should be able to make the playoffs considering we re facing dallas and the jags have a tougher titans this weekend. i see us making an early playoff exit possibly second round depending on who we draw in a first round. colts are looking at having the "eraser back very soon along with bracket and company, so jus maybe we can make our own post season push. hopefully thats what manning is holding off on with his contract to, is to see what it will take to get his lines healthy or fixed before he signs. either way we got manning manning at least one more year either by contract or you can call him MR. FRANCHISE TAG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back