• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises - SPOILERS... That's right, I said SPOILERS.

Just got home. Here are some thoughts, more to come when I'm fully awake.

-Tom Hardy was just as good at what he did with Bane as Heath Ledger was with what he did with The Joker. Fact.

-Anne Hathaway was fantastic, as well.

-The first fight between Bane and Batman might be the best fist fight in the history of film. There isn't a ton of competition, but between the physicality and the awesome dialogue (mainly Bane), this fight had my jaw on the floor. Wow.

-The scale of this film cripples any other comic book film. Yes, that means The Avengers. When the sky actually opens up and aliens drop in, let me know, then we can talk about it.

-Robin? Seriously? His real name could have been Richard, or Dick, or even Jason... but Robin? A bit cheesy for my taste.

-I didn't think they'd actually go where they went with JGL. I didn't mind it, just thought it was nothing more than fanboy chatter leading up to the release. Interesting.

-Is Wayne actually alive, or was that just a vision Alfred had? Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure. I guess that's the point.

Overall - I loved it. I can't say it's better than The Dark Knight, but it's not worse. It was a different film - this was way more comic-bookish, while The Dark Knight was a straight crime thriller. I consider them equals, even if most do not.

Wasn't impressed, too telegraphed, and it wasn't a vision of Alfreds. It lacked things that made it a Batman story.

It was good but not great. The fight scene between Bane and Batman was amazing and Tom Hardy did just a good a job as Heath Ledger as the Joker. He probably did better but won't get the accolades Ledger did unless he ODs this weekend.

And yeah, Wayne is still alive, he was just presumed dead. The Nolan vision is over, but it ended with Bruce Wayne no longer being Batman and JGLs character inheriting the Batcave. Didn't care for it

Still feel like The Avengers was a better film, both overall and as a comic book film but I have long maintained that The Dark Knight was overrated as a superhero film

- I still struggled to hear everything Bane said. He also sounded like a mash up of that Believe Cher song and somebody who'd been at the Christmas sherry.

- Michael Cain can't weep convincingly.

- The name Robin made no fucking sense.

- Just like in TDK they present somebody as the main villain throughout and then towards the end decided it somebody else. Then the antagonist who's been at the centre of everything throughout the film is given a lame send-off.

- Would've been a nice touch to at least have a bit of Joker graffiti somewhere in derelict Gotham. Or something along those lines.

- The Bat voice is still stupid. If Catwoman knows who you are why talk to her in that gravelly tone? Also you're hardly going to keep it up when you're in the heat of battle. You're walking down the street doing a mocking French accent, somebody starts a fight with you, do you maintain it? Do you 'eck!

- Catwoman was excellent. Worked so much better than I thought she was. Though she wasn't what Catwoman should be.

Just saw it and goddamn was this movie the shit. I loved the ending with Blake inheriting the Batcave and Bruce still being alive after it was presumed he was killed in the blast. I liked dark knight slightly better than rises but this movie was still the shit and I'm sure I'll see it at least a couple more times. Only problem I had was Bane was really difficult to understand at times and yes it's better than the avengers.

Not sure what a few of you were expecting of Catwoman, but Hathaway pulled it off perfectly. I liked the Robin thing. It just made sense. I heard Bane just fine, not sure why so many people are bitching that they couldn't understand him. Amazing film. It did what it needed to do as well as TDK did what it needed to do. My only complaint is how they killed off Bane. Kinda...anti-climatic.

Assuming the pit is in Asia, you mean to tell me Bane after blowing up the bridges and going public, hopped on a flight to Asia and back through all the security and isolation of Gotham City? Bullshit. It would be like Osama Bin Laden being on in Times Square on television a few days after 9/11 then getting out of the country and back in.

-Bruce comes back into the city with no time to spare but he knows he has __hours before the bomb goes off, very few people knew that information. He knew before he started talking to Selina.
I loved the movie, but can't unsee these comments. Talk me through it, people.

-Robin? Seriously? His real name could have been Richard, or Dick, or even Jason... but Robin? A bit cheesy for my taste.

In one of the alt batman comics(Thrillseeker I think), Dick Grayson is actually called Robin Graustack and comes from a Prussian family but changed his name.

I freaking loved the movie more than The Dark Knight. My only complaint was that I saw the end coming.

I saw all of it coming except Bruce living. Didn't stop me from loving it.

In regards to Robin, I saw it as a wink to the fans. He's not Robin. His name happens to be Robin. He's the second coming of Batman. Nothing else works in my mind.

As for those plot holes I pointed out earlier, well it's not like TDK was rock solid either and it doesn't stop me from loving it. I'll get over them.

There are plot holes in all three movies, the first one is the only one that has them so bad they make me dislike the film

I liked it, thought it was the end to a great trilogy. I thought Dark Knight was better but still great film. But to the people saying it was the best Superhero movie, it wasn't. Best Batman movie, maybe even best DC film. In my opinion thought it just wasn't better than the Avengers.

I saw all of it coming except Bruce living. Didn't stop me from loving it.

I'm still not 100% convinced he survived. Convince me, oh wise one.

In regards to Robin, I saw it as a wink to the fans. He's not Robin. His name happens to be Robin. He's the second coming of Batman. Nothing else works in my mind.

I just didn't care for the full name. And yes, he's obviously just the next guy to don the suit, nothing more (not actually Robin). Also, JGL is good with me, almost always.

As for those plot holes I pointed out earlier, well it's not like TDK was rock solid either and it doesn't stop me from loving it. I'll get over them.

That's because you're a with it kind of guy.

I liked it, thought it was the end to a great trilogy. I thought Dark Knight was better but still great film. But to the people saying it was the best Superhero movie, it wasn't. Best Batman movie, maybe even best DC film. In my opinion thought it just wasn't better than the Avengers.

Begins, TDK and TDKR were better than The Avengers. Actual story always greater than mindless action. Loved The Avengers... for what it was - mindless action.

Begins, TDK and TDKR were better than The Avengers. Actual story always greater than mindless action. Loved The Avengers... for what it was - mindless action.

I disagree, Avengers opens the door to many more possibilities for the Marvel Universe than TDKR does for DC. This movie was really for Batman fans. Avengers was more for all Comic Book fans.

Just got home. Here are some thoughts, more to come when I'm fully awake.

-Tom Hardy was just as good at what he did with Bane as Heath Ledger was with what he did with The Joker. Fact.

I loved everything about Bane in this movie. His actions, mannerism and dialog were bang on. Hardy blew it out of the water.

-Anne Hathaway was fantastic, as well.

Yep. Her mannerisms and interaction with both Bruce Wayne and Batman were excellent.

-The first fight between Bane and Batman might be the best fist fight in the history of film. There isn't a ton of competition, but between the physicality and the awesome dialogue (mainly Bane), this fight had my jaw on the floor. Wow.

It might have been my favorite scene from the movie. All credit goes to Bane just for his dialogue alone.

I literally did a facepalm at that part. Do I think it was a set up for him actually being Robin? no. But it was a nod that wasn't needed.

-I didn't think they'd actually go where they went with JGL. I didn't mind it, just thought it was nothing more than fanboy chatter leading up to the release. Interesting.

I did. That was my main complaint of the film: everything that I speculated happened. JGL being Batman at the end, Tate as Talia.

-Is Wayne actually alive, or was that just a vision Alfred had? Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure. I guess that's the point.

Alive and with Selina.

Overall - I loved it. I can't say it's better than The Dark Knight, but it's not worse. It was a different film - this was way more comic-bookish, while The Dark Knight was a straight crime thriller. I consider them equals, even if most do not.

I think I enjoyed it more than Dark Knight, but can't be for certain at this time.

I disagree, Avengers opens the door to many more possibilities for the Marvel Universe than TDKR does for DC. This movie was really for Batman fans. Avengers was more for all Comic Book fans.

Because The Avengers made it a possibility for Marvel to make more money on a bunch of movies, it was a better movie? You're nuts.

In no way, shape or form was The Avengers a better movie than The Dark Knight Rises.

Did anyone else notice that Batman killed a man with the Batplane?

Did anyone else realize that Bruce Wayne and Talia engaged in sexual relations, setting up the possibility of Damion Wayne in the future?

Because The Avengers made it a possibility for Marvel to make more money on a bunch of movies, it was a better movie? You're nuts.

In no way, shape or form was The Avengers a better movie than The Dark Knight Rises.

I liked this movie and I'm not going to shit on anybody who thinks it was the best even though I disagree but look at it this way. The Avengers was the start of wonderful things for Marvel and comic book movies as a whole. TDKR is the end of a great trilogy, and is the only thing DC films really has going for it at the moment besides Man of Steel ( which correct me if I'm wrong is only DC Hero film for the next three years). So of course most people think a finale is better than a beginning. Avengers has more replay value than TDKR, when you already know the Talia/Bane twist there isn't a real reason to watch this again a second time besides seeing Bane break Bat's spine. Call the Avengers mindless action/entertainment if you want but it will keep most people's attention and have them coming back again more likely than TDKR. And please don't say TDKR had a deeper, darker story because the Avengers was never meant to be that, it was meant to please everyone, not just the older crowd. That is all.

I just got back from seeing the flick. I need to rewatch it again, but I would put it just a peg below The Dark Knight for now.

The Avengers is a great "popcorn" movie. I had a blast with it. But The Dark Knight Rises was the better movie. The Dark Knight was better, but not by much

John Dagget? Was Roland Dagget trademarked or something? Or was he "up to something" else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back