• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Choice is Yours!

MOExecution

Pre-Show Stalwart
This has been on my mind a lot recently and it's an idea.
This idea will see WWE go PG-14 FOR PAY PER VIEWS ONLY!
Me personally I think this would be an interesting idea and something to try.
The WWE weekly shows for example; WWE RAW, WWE Superstars, and WWE SmackDown are watched on regular television. I can understand restricting any source of violence or sexual terms from shows like these where it is accessible to children.
But on the other hand WWE Pay-Per-View you need to pay to watch the show. And I think doing this would be a good idea because during the hype for the upcoming PPV if they advertise the show as being PG-14 then it will be the parents decision whether they would buy the PPV for their kid or not. And instead of the watered down Hell in a Cell Matches we have seen we will get to see the violence that we don't get to see on regular television for example more blood and more weapon usage.
I think this would be a good idea because it would be like kids and fans alike can watch the regular shows, but those who order the PPV will know that when they do order that the guys will be going all out and it would be different material then what they see on the regular weekly shows. We will get a more edgier and almost more mature show. So that way when you order a PPV you know that you will be getting your money's worth instead of being disappointed from the lackluster matches that should be violent (Elimination Chamber and Hell in a Cell), but aren't. So buying a PPV would be a luxury and fans would look forward to it as well because they know that they won't feel cheated in the end.
So what do you think about this? Would you like to see WWE go PG-14 for Pay-Per-Views only? Or are you an all or nothing guy and think that if the whole product doesn't go PG-14 then it should stay the same? Let me know what you guys think!

It is not a bad idea, by any stretch of the imagination.

However, it needs to be said, that right now, the WWE doesn’t care about what you want to see. They don’t want to hear about your blood lust and need for violence. The fact of the matter is that the WWE are happy to continue with their PG-13 era.

Making PPV’s PG-14 means that you might alienate some of the people that are already buying your PPV. The problem being that the number of buys for PPV’s is already on the sharp decline. At the end of the day, making PPV’s PG-14 is a sure-fir way of turning some people off of what you are trying to do. Families will then be cut out of the loop. It means that all the build that the WWE go through on Smackdown and Raw every week will mean nothing to the people who are not interested in seeing violence and blood. In this scenario, you run the risk of making people tune out forever.

Then again, you might get people like us who want to see that thing to tune in. I guess it all comes down to the product that the WWE want to put out and for that reason, it would be a bad idea for them to implement this idea.

WWE needs To initiate "Attitude Era 2".Im over the last 7, 8, 9 years id say. With John Cena Cemented into the Nexus for good now, this could start a String of many "Attitude Era" type Angles and story lines. I dont wanna say NWO or D-X quite yet but the potential is there. Wade B. is a Triple H in the Making. Has a big nose and has ALOT of Pull Lately making matches and what not. Tarver reminds me of a Young Smaller Ron Simmons...good on the Mic and could be around a while but we wont see him for sometime with an injured Groin. John Morrison will become a top guy over night- Has a Bright Future. Lets Phase out the old and Bring in with the New. Taker& Kane.... pffft old news. The Undisputed Title HAS to come Back. And Orton has to be the 1st this time right....But why not let someone like Heath Slater Be the Next Undisputed Champ....turns him into the New Chris Jericho...and he can ride that for the next 10 years.
Sheamus Is Solid, Great Skills. If hes in it you cant count Him out! WWE is on The Rise ANd NEw Ledgends are in the Making! Woooooo!!!!!

The pay per views are already in decline, so I agree, why not change it up? If you think about it, alot of kid's parents probably don't pay for these anyway. It's probably the people that can afford to pay for it themselves and I know I would buy ALL of them if they were a little bit (no need to go back to barbed wired and tacs) more violent and adult oriented than the TV shows. It would also make the matches way more interesting as the superstars won't be limited as much as they are on TV. I don't think it'll ever happen unless there's a full transition in the programming but I sure as hell would enjoy this!

:facepalm:

If the reason the weekly programming is PG is to cater to a mostly kiddie audience, who in the blue fuck do you think will be the ones buying / pushing to buy the ppvs? People who, uh, DONT watch the weekly programming, and have no vested interest in what is going on?

Your regular audience is who pays to watch the PPVs. Obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back