• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The chess pieces of the WWE

CM Steel

A REAL American
World Wrestling Entertainment is moving in a whole new direction going into the new era post-chairman Vince McMahon. Whenever McMahon finally decides to retire as the chairman of the company. He will hand over his seat as chairman to his daugther Stephanie McMahon-Levesque and her husband Paul Levesque aka Triple H. Something that wrestling fans will be eager to see in the near future as both Levesque's try to fill Vinnie Mac's shoes.

People say that life is like a game of chess. So is the WWE. They have all these custom series of Monopoly broad games across the globe. But how would you picture a custom series set of the game chess in the WWE? Pieces:

MOD NOTE:
Do NOT spam. You must include reasons for why you pick someone to be a chess piece. Also, stay on topic. If you do not like the topic, say so through rep. Spam will be deleted and you risk getting an infraction.

King & Queen: Triple H & Stephanie McMahon- Future Chairman & CEO of the WWE.

The Bishop's: John Cena- The face of the company! And travels around the clock to promote the WWE with work.

The Knights: Daniel Bryan, the next generation stars, and the WWE Diva's- The fresh faces in the media scene who can become a star outside the WWE and network on their own.

The Rooks: The Tag Team division, WWE legends, and the part-timers- People who are on a movement when the wrestling waves crash. And can fall back on other deals and project's.

The Pawns: Lower to mid-card stars, NXT wrestlers- Talents that can be re-packaged and replaced however whenever.

That's how I see the chess pieces of the new WWE. How do you see it?

The pawns maybe the ponds is a group of bodies of water. Nevertheless I'd say you are fairly accurate except for I'd say the Tag Team Division as a whole is more of the pawns rather than the rooks as bar the Rhodes brothers and The Shield they really are low to mid-card guys.

I think in terms of the future you need to analyse the superstars they have not necessarily the authority figures in the company. WWE has Cesaro, Big E, Cody, Axel, Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Kofi, Kidd and Ryback. That's 12 guys they can build around for the next 10 years, some need repackaging and better booking but WWE has the superstars to build around and I haven't included NXT or Divas on this list so I terms of talent WWE is in a good position. If HHH and Steph have even 50% of the talent of Vince they should be able to use this talent to continue to make WWE a success.

I came very close to trashing this, but I'll go ahead and leave it for now as people might come up with some rather creative answers. Also.... learn how to spell PAWN, Mack. :disappointed:

You would need faces for one side and heels for the other. I have a Mario Bros chess set that follows a similar rule. There's no white side or black side, there's a Mario side and a Bowser side. This could follow a route such as that and WWE could make some money off of a custom WWE chess set if they went such a route. Here's who my pieces would be....

Face King - John Cena
The face of the federation. No one else should even be considered unless he gets replaced.

Face Queen - Kaitlyn
There aren't that many face divas to really pick from, but Kaitlyn is one of the better choices and since AJ will be the queen of the heel side.... There you go.

Face Bishops - Kane & Undertaker
Legends and while not quite "holy", they have two of the more religious characters on the roster.

Face Knights - Daniel Bryan & CM Punk
The knight is a very strange piece, it does things its own way by moving in an L shape rather than straight or diagonally like the rest. Punk's pipebomb earns him this spot and Bryan going against what's "best for business" earns him his.

Face Rooks - Cody Rhodes & Goldust
Tag teams seem like the route to go on the rooks, and the Rhodes brothers are the current top face team. Why not?

Face Pawns - Santino
A face jobber. The pawns are the jobbers of chess.

Heel King - Randy Orton
His best time was as the evil legend killer and has come close to those levels of sinister in recent months. The best heel needs to be the heel king.

Heel Queen - AJ
She should be the heel queen for similar reasons to why Cena was the face king. No one else deserves it more until someone better than her takes her spot as the top diva.

Heel Bishops - Dean Ambrose & Bray Wyatt
Two rising star heels. Bray's creepiness in his persona earns him this spot. Ambrose's charisma earns him his.

Heel Knights- Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns
The ultimate bodyguards. Does more even need to be said?

Heel Rooks - Luke Harper & Erick Rowan
Currently one of the top heel tag teams and since the Rooks are lower ranked than the Bishops, of which their leader is one, why not.

Heel Pawns - Heath Slater
A heel jobber for the jobber chess piece.

So.... yeah, there's mine.

Never really put much thought into WWE being like Chess. Everyone from the maintenance staff and up have important roles to play and I don't think letting any certain "piece" go would help WWE in the slightest, unlike Chess.

But what the Hell; I'll try and play this game.

In Chess you have 8 Pawns. Now automatically one would assume these are jobbers since they are the most expendable pieces in Chess. But to me, the Pawns are vital to your future. NXT, Freshly Debuted Stars, tag teams, etc fit into this category. In their own little way, they can be replaced, but they also can rise up to the status of Queen/Knight/Bishop/Rook. Tough Enough Contestants like John Morrison, The Miz, and Ryback have done this. Wade and Big E did with NXT. They are transitional depending on if they are needed at the time.

I don't see heels and faces on a chessboard. The act of going from bad to good and vice versa happens whenever it's needed. The black and white spaces on the chessboard are symbolic enough in my opinion.

Bishops and Rooks are the 2nd most powerful pieces in Chess. I can't decide which one is more important, even though I tend to use Rooks more. People like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and Randy Orton can fill in this slot. They are reliable as main eventers even though they are not the faces of the company at this time. People want to see them in action, but not as much as Cena.

Knights are the ones we aren't really sure about. They score upset wins but are usually not as looked upon as other pieces I think. Kane fits in here. You know they can help put you on top, and they are something to keep your eye on. Up and comers like Bray Wyatt, Antonio Cesaro, and Damien Sandow are in this mold. They may job from time to time, but we know they still have an important part to play in the grand scheme of things and cannot be ignored.

The Queen is the most versatile piece in the game. It is not held by as many strict rules as the others. They are the ones that headline Pay Per Views and will be remembered throughout the ages. Former big names like Lesnar, Legends like The Undertaker, the icon that's John Cena are the Queens of the WWE. Not knocking on the femininity of that piece, but I cannot see how the most powerful piece in the game is reserved for a Diva.

The King. The proverbial figurehead of your shit that's suppose to be protected or they will fall. General Managers, John Laurenitus, Vince McMahon, and now Triple H are Kings. The best storylines to come out of wrestling are the ones that involve taking them down. And just like Kings, they can't do much without drawing the ire out of the players/fans. Generally you have ran out of good moves when you start moving them around.

Divas are really the clocks you sometimes use to record the time you took to do a move. They are interesting sometimes but not all of the time. And just like a clock, they don't really do much for the game itself but add some flavor.

The way I look at it, it's more like Triple HHH and Stephanie represent a player playing against the audience. They have their king, Randy Orton, their Rooks and Bishops, the Shield and ADR, Knights, like Sandow, Ryback and Axel, and the pawns like
3MB and the Wyatt's and Real Americans, Barrett.

The people have a set, too. Bryan is the King and CM punk in the queen, they are the most important in the eyes of the people. The Rhodes, Ziggler, RVD(or that role) are the bishops and rooks. The Knights are Kofi and Miz, guys who could make a big move but not often. The pawns are the guys who are new or just waiting for opportunity: PTP, The Usos, Tyson Kidd, Gabriel.

Now I didn't mention Cena or Show because Cena is out at the moment and Show isn't a piece in the game, he's gonna be fighting the player, HHH. Cena is a king, of course, but it looks like he may be coming back as a "queen" when he returns, as he will hopefully be taking a back seat to Dbry and the WWE title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back