The Bromans Are The *NEW* World Tag Team Champions; Protein Shake Celebration!!!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
1396033_472222772890604_931475598_n.jpg

After giving an unexpectedly impressive performance at Bound For Glory.... No seriously, they got the crowd to chant "This Is Wrestling". The silly duo of Robbie E and Jesse Godderz win Tag Team gold thanks to the aid of 3 time Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath pinning the tandem of Gunner and James Storm. Phil Heath was more than likely a one time deal. But he seemed very fitting throughout his appearances with the team all night.

But more to the point, what's next? With the division so dry, how can these two follow up on their success? TNA really needs more teams. Gunner and Storm are a temporary solution that has played out, Joe Park and EY are well, a joke, and Hernandez and Chavo are used to put insomniac children to bed in Enelbanyostan.

I skipped this match as Bad Influence weren't in it. The division lacks face teams so that's the first port of call for TNA, maybe stick Manik and Hardy together short term as challengers while introducing and developing a couple of face tams to go against these two goofs.

i think they COULD be something more than a comedy act if they are booked right (good ludk with that in TNA right now, though)

this can work if (lets say, ONLY if) they play it out as a pair of joke champions who get an FU attitude and start to prove themselves in spite of their 'comedy act' booking.

knwoing TNA as of late, theyre gonna lose the titles back to Gunner and Storm easily in two weeks on Impact.

in fact, ill take all bets to the contrary. im willing to bet on what Bichoff is gonna have for lunch tomorrow. he just that predictable.

....chicken ceasar wrap, by the way

im willing to bet on what Bichoff is gonna have for lunch tomorrow. he just that predictable.

You say that but yet there is no way in hell anyone predicted that the Bromans would win the preshow match AND the titles.

I didn't watch the preshow, but when I realised Bad Influence didn't win I was so very disappointed. However the tag match was shockingly good. Easily Robbie E's and Jesse's best match in their career, and it also really felt like Gunner and Storm were wrestling as a team instead of just two thrown together guys. So I really loved the match.

Now as for where they go from here, I actually think Bad Influence is going to turn face against them. The promo CD and Kaz did seemed to be anti Dixie Carter, which is nothing new for them but since she is heel now this would naturally realign their positions. I think it would be a nice little feud and Bad Influence as faces would be a treat.

I don't understand the hatred for this team at all. I really don't. First of all, find me someone who takes harder bumps and sells larger than life the way Robbie E does anywhere on the IMPACT roster, because you're gonna have a really tough time convincing me otherwise. Second, it's not as though Gunner & Storm have been ripping it up. They've been warm bodies, mostly, and this actually gives reason for the crowd to want to see them win them back, and, by way of, kick the holy hell out of these two for being douches.

I doubt many here listen to the IMPACT Wrestling podcast, but the BroMans have been on twice, and both times were incredibly entertaining. They've got personality out the ears, similar to (though lesser than) Bad Influence, so I see little issue with this type of move, especially considering how upset Bad Influence were over losing the opportunity to wrestle for the titles in the pre-show in the first place. You now have new champions and two quite-liked teams who want after them over it. Considering how shitty this division has been for a while now, and to use Rayne's favorite line 'round these forums, this is a good thing for TNA.

Before I say anything else, I just have to say how pleasantly surprised I was with the match at Bound for Glory. Bromans wrestled a hell of a match and if they continue to look as good as they did during this match, then I can see them being worthie Champions. I think the Biggest problem Bromans will have going forward, is the lack of competition in TNA right now when it comes to tag teams. Gunner and Storm along with Bad influnace are about it when it comes to Tag teams at the moment as I don't see Chavo and Hernandez staying together much longer and With it looking like TNA are finally ready to turn Joseph Parks back into the monster Abyss. I only see them teaming until they have feuded with Bad Influance. So I would say tna need at least two more Face tag teams for Bromans to feud with for them to at least have a successful run as champions.

I'm straight on these two. More power to you if you did BroMans, but I always change the channel when I see them. They're both annoying, especially Robbie E, and I can't get into their matches. They got the straps though, so what can you do? If anything, perhaps Kenny King should find himself a partner and return to the tag team ranks. And while Bad Influence are the premeire team in TNA, I don't see them turning face right now, especially with their alliance with Roode.

can you say boring? well to be honest the james storm/gunner tag team run, didn't even get air time lol, so it make's sense for people who are actually on tv nearly every week to be champions, i don't like the team bro, but i don't like 80 percent of champions in tna, or wwe so why should that matter to me?
i could care less, tna's tag team sucks, they use to have the best tag teams ever, but now i am not bought in at all, erick young and joseph will probaly feud with them for the belts.

I respect Robbie E.
I know I mentioned it once in a LD but for those that didn't see it. Gillberg did a radio interview some time back and was talking about Robbie E and how much he loves the business. During that interview he mentioned that on Robbie's days off he goes to Gillberg's wrestling school in Maryland and helps train the wrestlers for free.

I also thought "The List" that Big Rob and Bigger Rob did was entertaining.

I don't hate them as champs I guess. I don't know where they're headed with them and the titles but as people have mentioned already the tag division is weak. Just like the KO's division.

I'd imagine EY and Park (or Abyss whoever shows up) are going to get a title shot at some point since they've been feuding with Bromans.

Gunner and Storm should be getting a rematch at some point.

To be honest, I was quite surprised by that match. It was actually a pretty solid Tag Team match. Jesse and Robbie E actually pulled it off. I still don't like the annoying characters they play, but they proved in that match that they can be solid. I guess I would like it better if they actually started morphing into something else as characters. Oh, and God Forbid, can we do something with Robbie E's horrid Hair? It just looks stupid. It looked bad before, but as it get's longer, it get's worse. Anyway, hopefully this is a forward step to rebuilding the Tag Team division. TNA used to have an awesome one and I'd love to see those days return as it's one of th things that attracted me to the promotion in the first place.

They're kind of queer, but then again so were The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers back in the day. I guess every organization needs that type of representation. I'm more concerned by the lack of any hardcore teams right now. Gunner is a bit sloppy in the ring and it is bringing down the team. He should go back to the security guard team, this would allow Storm to go back to being single...maybe put the beer away for a while and go after the heavyweight championship. In addition to this, introduce a NEW hardcore tag team similar to what Demolition or LOD were back in the day

I think it was great to see BroMans win the titles. now I would have preferred to see Bad Influence win, who I think most should agree are the best team in TNA. but they don't need the titles to be on TV on a regular basis.

people always seem to complain that the tag team division is dead on TNA, and now a relatively new team wins the titles. this is good for TNA.

I also think BroMans are the 2nd best team TNA had had in awhile. better than Storm/Gunner, EY/Joseph Park, Chavo/Hernandez, Morgan/Crimson, Joe/Magnus, Angle/AJ. yes, all of them, most of which were not real teams, just 2 guys throw together for tag matches. BroMans are a real team. how many of those other names I mentioned had a team name? none of them. not only do BroMans have a name, but they wear the same gear so that they look like a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back