Eric Young & ODB Are the *NEW* TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions (and Engaged)!

SpecialFNK

Mid-Card Championship Winner
you saw that right. Eric Young & ODB are the NEW TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions.

I'm sure many are going to have an opinion on this, a male wrestler holding the women's tag team title. but the titles have been nothing more than a prop anyway. when was the last time Gail and Madison defended the titles? EY/ODB can use the titles as props. EY can be funny and entertaining in this situation.

thoughts?

I have no issue with it. I thought it was hilarious. It furthers the story with EY and ODB, adds some nice comedy to a show mostly centered around more serious stories and ended with a marriage proposal! :lmao:

I'm sure this thread will be riddled with angry remarks centered around what this will do to the titles, but honestly, let's not sit here and pretend they ever truly meant anything anyway.

Only Eric Young. Only Eric Young. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Vomit or enjoy a nice steak. How does EY class as a Knockout anyway? Keeping in mind i am yet to watch this episode. Maybe they explain it on the show. Is it even explainable?!?! He's a man!!

As soon as EY and ODB won the titles, I didn't like it. But with the little skit after and some time to think, I do like it. Why not, right? Like It's Damn Real said, it's not like the titles have any prestige to lose.

EY is the man, on one hand, I feel sorry for him, being kind of wasted in this comedy gimmick for a while now, but on the other hand, he's great at it, is always entertaining, and is pretty over with it. It was a good way to move along the storyline between him and ODB as well.

They may not make the titles prestigious per se, but I think they'll definitely make them interesting.

I have no issue with it. I thought it was hilarious. It furthers the story with EY and ODB, adds some nice comedy to a show mostly centered around more serious stories and ended with a marriage proposal! :lmao:

I'm sure this thread will be riddled with angry remarks centered around what this will do to the titles, but honestly, let's not sit here and pretend they ever truly meant anything anyway.

Those titles are meaningless to begin with so that shouldn't be an issue for anybody. What should be an issue though is that this "comedy" isn't funny. I'm all for comedy in wrestling as I've always felt wrestling is at its best when it's sort of a variety show (comedy for some, drama for some, technical wrestling for some, etc) but the problem is that they are painfully unfunny.

I think Eric Young has the ability to be funny but what he's doing now is so forced that it's terrible. ODB is probably funnier and her association with EY has made her less funny because on her own she was just a ridiculous female character. Now, I don't even know.

Bottom line is that the title thing is whatever. No one cares and while I wouldn't do it (I wouldn't have the titles to begin with so there's that), the worst part is that these two are getting TV time every week. I'd rather have Mr. Anderson. His stuttering speech and botch-tastic wrestling is at least unintentional comedy.

I was starting to ponder how and when they would take these silly props off of Madison and Gail.

Comedy champions for pointless, silly belts. Sounds good to me. Like it or not, ODB and Young are really very over and this helps progress that particular angle. Still, I have no idea how this is going to play out in the long run...

Well I never thought this storyline would get any sillier and it does, but hey, it adds entertainment, I won't complain lol

Those titles are meaningless to begin with so that shouldn't be an issue for anybody. What should be an issue though is that this "comedy" isn't funny. I'm all for comedy in wrestling as I've always felt wrestling is at its best when it's sort of a variety show (comedy for some, drama for some, technical wrestling for some, etc) but the problem is that they are painfully unfunny.

So true, There is nothing more painful to sit through than something that tries too hard to be funny and fails miserably. I was thinking did Vince Russo actually leave? Because crap like this has his stamp allover it. It's like all they did was just write over the Cody Deaner storyline and it sucked the first time around.

I am not a fan of Eric Young, never have been. I didn't like him in his "Don't Fire Eric" role, or as "Super Eric", or in this angle. I don't find him entertaining in the least and definitely not funny. ODB is cool, I am more than happy to see her on TV, but this whole angle sucks in my opinion.

I don't see the point of giving the KO Tag Team belts to ODB and Young, because it just doesn't make any sense. I know there are things in wrestling that have never made sense, and some may say just roll with it, but the KO Tag Titles are for WOMEN, and Young is a MAN. So, he shouldn't be able to have the titles due to the fact he has a penis.

I'm not going to argue that giving them the titles devalues them, as the KO Tag Titles have little value anyway, but the fact its a man holding a womens title is just ridiculous, and I will continue changing the channel whenever Eric Young appears on my screen.

This is indeed a sad day for me. ODB was supposed to be my girl, Eric. Aw well, at least she's happy...

...still...

This viewer's head is still reeling from an incredible night of Impact Wrestling and this title change kickstarted it all. About half way through the match I had to ask myself, "how in the hell is Eric going to win this...?" Then it happened and I said, "Oh."

Young impresses me; yes, I buy into comedy characters. I like laughing so what can I say? This match gets zero argument from me because I enjoyed it from bell to bell... I'm more than a little curious to see how The Happy Couple continue their reign next week.

ODB is one tough bitch and from the first time I saw her I've enjoyed her matches. Still... I'm just a wee heartbroken. Until next time look both ways, courtesy flushes are appreciated and don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Best regards, wrestling fans.

You found the secret message! "She used to be my girl..." - The O'Jays

I didn't find that funny at all. EY's biggest mark didn't find it funny. Yeah, it was amusing how Eric just drops dead on Gail from the pin and there were clever shenanigans on his part, but how in the hell can this marriage thing lead to anything good? For God's sake, EY went from TV Champion and headlining Impact (anyone remember that?) to being a male with a female title. So much better can be done with the guy comedy department alone. Why the hell go with this?

I can't say that I really care one way or the other at this point. The TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championships are worthless, really always have been, so devaluing them is moot at this point in time. If anything, given how over Eric Young is, him being one half of the champs could bring more attention & relevancy to the titles than they've ever had. Is it ridiculous that a man holds a women's title? Absolutely, no question. It's also ridiculous to have a women's tag title just for the sake of having it so, again, no real damage is being done.

At the same time, I'm just not into EY or ODB. I'm just long since over their schtick and don't find them the least bit funny or entertaining at this point. Whenever they come on my tv, it's a good time for a piss break or to grab a snack. I just hope this doesn't wind up taking up a lot of tv time.

the end to the match itself also helped Gail and Madison feud. it was Madison who hit Eric in the back with the title which allowed Eric to fall on top of Gail for the pin because she couldn't get him off. LOL couldn't get him off. Gail Kim couldn't get EY off but ODB can.

while Gail and Madison had these titles, did they even defend them once? I can't remember. before that I think it was Sarita and Rosita had them while they were part of Mexican America. another situation which was using them more as props than actually defending them. there really are not enough Knockouts to make the Knockouts tag team titles important enough to be defended on even a semi regular basis. these titles are completely useless. they mean as much as the old Jeff Hardy belt that EY had for awhile.

I think EY has been gold in his comedy role. it's nice to see that not everything in wrestling ENTERTAINMENT has to be so serious. it's a TV show and this type of entertainment can really help. now EY has another prop he can work with to continue to be funny and entertaining on TV.

EY is funny but his association with ODB has jumped the shark. If being his valet wasn't bad enough...

I just hope they use the opportunity to get rid of the Knockout Tag Titles.

This is about as meaningful as "Santina" Marella being Miss Wrestlemania, Harvey Whippleman being the WWF Women's champion or Andy Kaufman as the World Inter-gender Wrestling Champion (I hope I remembered the name right).

It's not just that the Knockouts Tag Team titles are props, lets be honest...ALL pro wrestling championships are props. The WWE, TNA, ROH, AAA, whoever can put whoever they want as their champions if they want to. Eric Young holding a Knockouts belt doesn't degrade the belt any more than Chyna holding the Intercontinental Championship. It's just a gimmick to further a storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back