The Band...

THE SWAG

Pre-Show Stalwart
so now that scott hall is possibly out of tna what will happen to the band, do they add another member, if so who do they add, or do they get rid of the band name and go by the ring names.

Well it looks like TNA is lending a hand in Hall's recovery.

A lot of people on here (including myself) won't get their hopes up on him coming back for a solid run. I would add most were surprised he bahaved for the amount of months in his latest stint.

With that being said, I don't know who they could add. With rumors of Steiner returning to the company, maybe him. Besides that it really wouldn't make sense to continue this as a faction.

It looks like they are going to be spending the majority of time in the tag division because TNA doesn't want two big heel factions (FOURtone is already in the works)

But than again, Nash probably has a lot of creative control, so I wouldn't be surprised to see anything that happens with the Band.

I'm not sure on the chances of Hall making a full time return, but I would guess that its not good...

As far as a new member... I doubt they will continue as a stable since as mentioned before, Fourtune just started and there is the rumored ECW stable in the works...

But, if they did, I think Kendrick would be a good choice... Him and Young would be a good team with Nash as their manager/bodyguard... Hall and NAsh actually talked about bringing Kendrick into the group on one of the ScottHallTV shows...

I really think Nash and Young will just team up for a while and probably turn into a hard face team... Nash was always a cool face and there just isn't much to do with EY...

could see kendrick joining them since he is kind of has hbk's personality when hbk had started, and since hbk got him into the business

I think (and hope) the stable is dead. Scott Hall and Syx..X-P...Pac, whatever, were essential to that group. I don't mean essential in the sense that they actually added anything to TNA, but with out two of the early members of "The Band," it doesn't make much sense to add more members.

But, I think Nash and Young should keep the name. Why not? While the name is supposed to bring back the memories of the nWo, it is a TNA stable. I'm not sure any of us really took The Band seriously anyhow, so it doesn't bother me that they keep the name. I guess what I'm really saying is I hope they keep the name, because, A. I like the tag team, it gives both men something to do, and B. I really don't think TNA can come up with a much better tag team name.

Hall will likely return to TNA in 6 months but until then they may put The Band on the shelf. Am I the only one who wants Scott Hall and Kevin Nash return to the WWE to make NWO Just like in 2002?

I think (and hope) the stable is dead. Scott Hall and Syx..X-P...Pac, whatever, were essential to that group. I don't mean essential in the sense that they actually added anything to TNA, but with out two of the early members of "The Band," it doesn't make much sense to add more members.

But, I think Nash and Young should keep the name. Why not? While the name is supposed to bring back the memories of the nWo, it is a TNA stable. I'm not sure any of us really took The Band seriously anyhow, so it doesn't bother me that they keep the name. I guess what I'm really saying is I hope they keep the name, because, A. I like the tag team, it gives both men something to do, and B. I really don't think TNA can come up with a much better tag team name.

why is his reply posted 4 times? Pac may be back when he gets cured from his hepititus too? They wont get ride of the name, then the would have to replay another 15 years old gimmick instead

I would agree that there's no point in these guys splitting up because of being stripped of the titles and the loss last Thursday (which I think everyone saw coming). I would go ahead and keep them together and have them turn face. I forget who posted that idea but I think it was a pretty good one.

they should keep the name and add "diddys" the band to the group. lol, that name is horrible because like I said there was that rap group called "the band". I'm surprised diddy didn't sew them. just call em nash and young or old grey and young.:lmao:

Well Dixie did vocally leave a bit of an open door for the stable to potentially return were Hall to ever be deemed "healthy" enough – mentally, physically, emotionally, etc. – to return to action, however as there is no cure for Hepatitis C, I doubt Waltman will ever return, and considering Hall's penchant for self-destruction, I'm not exactly holding my breathe over his twelfth strike either.

As for the remainder of Nash & Young, I actually like the team – I just don't know if "The Band" is the best name for the duo. At this point, I'd just revert back to calling them by their names – Kevin Nash & Eric Young – sans the "band" gimmick entirely.

I have a feeling that The Band is going to go the way of the laugh track tv sitcom. Waltman and Hall were essential to making the faction work. Hell, I think that you technically need more than two people to be viewed as a faction anyhow. Stick Eric Young somewhere in the mid-card scene somewhere and...well to be honest, I don't really care where they stick either Young or Nash.

At any rate, I think their days as a team are numbered as they put over Ink Inc. this past Thursday cleanly. I know, it doesn't necessarily mean a thing, but Young and Nash just have no real momentum now.

Wasn't the whole point of "The Band" Kevin bringing back the NWO? If the members of NWO are gone, there's no point in having "The Band". It's just a tag team now. And not that great of one. When NAsh and Young started teaming together, I knew they were doomed. All they did was put Young with Nash so there would be someone Pac's size to brawl with. Not a great combination for anything else. Drop the team, drop the name, and IF and only IF Pac and Hall come back, bring "The Band" back. But this time exclude Young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back