• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Banana Peel: 5 Factors for Having a Good Faction

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Hello WrestleZone, I am Monkey_Mania. Many of you already know me, and for that I am truly sorry. For those that don't...Hi, I'm Monkey_Mania. Anyways, this is going to be the start of a little thread series I do. Kind of like where I give my opinion like a monkey tossing a banana peel. Get the title now? Clever eh? Anyways, in the first installment I am going to cover a favorite topic of mine in factions. Let's start shall we?

5. They must have a purpose to band together.

Whether it was the 4 Horsemen or the nWo looking out and trying to protect it's champion, Flair and Hogan respectively. Or it was the Main Event Mafia joining forces because they felt disrespected. You can't be together just because you're daddies all wrestled and you all look good in a photo shoot together. In the case of a good faction, you need a purpose to be together.

4. They must have a solid tag team.

Whether it be the Tully and Arn, The New Age Outlaws, or the Outsiders, every good faction needs a good tag team to cover their basis in the tag title scene, and to beef up their support group.

3. They must have a cocky, young, and talented midcard heel to groom.

From Randy Orton in Evolution to Samoa Joe in the Main Event Mafia, to an even lesser extent in Scott Steiner in the nWo. All factions need that mid card title chaser and someone who can act as a tag partner and confidant to your leader. Which brings me to my next point.

2. They must have a good front man.

Just like with any band, you can change around the bassist, backing vocals, lead guitar and drums. But everyone knows that if you take out the leading man the band is never going to sound the same. I mean, just imagine the Horsemen without Flair in 1988 after already being the leader since the inception of the group.

1. They must make their opponents look just as good and get them over just as much as they do for themselves.

The most important aspect of it all. Everyone involved in the whole angle needs to come out looking like a million bucks, this is why some angles fell through and some are remembered so fondly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'd love to hear your thoughts on what makes a good faction....And go...

There must be, or its better if thereis , a great theme song. Look at some of the best factions:

nWo
nWo Wolfpac
D-Generation X
Four Horsemen
Evolution

All had some of the best theme music in wrestling history. Instantly recognisable, fitting with the image of the faction and memorable. Good theme music can be the final piece in the puzzle for a performer, and I think that was the case for these factions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back