• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Abyss

Milkyway!

Hodor!
I'm not asking you to be respectful, I'm not asking you to read all this shit, I'm not asking you to care, I'm not going to ask you to not make fun. Right now I just need to write, and I simply wanted to share with someone. Regardless if that's with WrestleZone, Tumblr, I hope you enjoy the read.

Deeper into the abyss I fall. It all started 14 years into life. I was in the 8th grade, and I can remember the first thoughts of suicide reeling into my brain. They crept slowly, as everything with my little sister occurred I came to the realization that thing missing in my life was God.

I chased a dream to preach the gospel. A dream instilled in me by my uncle whenever I was 10 by telling me, "This 10 year old child knows more about The Bible than I do, and I will be highly surprised if he does not someday become a preacher much like me." I was 15 years old standing in front of 50, 60, 70 year old condescending bastards that obviously had studied in their word for many more years than I had even been alive. They critiqued me, they laughed at me, they mocked me, and they lied to my face. They thought I didn't hear them, see them? Ha. What silly ***** they were. At age 15 I stopped chasing that dream, and I nearly converted to atheism due to what had occurred to me in that old festering church.

After my "near conversion" to atheism one Wednesday afternoon I recall laying in bed, and the thoughts of suicide crept back into my head. Deep down into my own abyss I went, as I fell lower and lower a "miracle" occurred over my phone. A gal I had been talking to for quite sometime asked me to go to church. What I then thought was a "sign" from "god," was merely coincidence as looking back she had requested I attend church with her every Wednesday for about 2 months prior to this event.

Once again I was on my way to "glory," attending church, and chasing that dream I spoke of earlier. I was 16 when the abyss came back. I was still attending church very regularly, very active, and very in-tune with "god." I somehow convinced myself that due to my "lust" for women at age 16 was causing me to sin so badly that demons of anger and suicide were possessing me. It's baffling really. I allowed religion to hold vice-grips over every aspect of my life, and I even convinced myself of such absurd ideas as the example given above.

From 16 to 17 things got worse and worse for me and religion. I was in a constant struggle between Atheism and Christianity; nonetheless Christianity is simply too absurd for me to ever go back to for any reason whatsoever. Anyways constantly going back and forth between atheist authors Hitchens and Dawkins, and Christian authors C.S. Lewis, and R.A. Torrey. It was the weekend of my graduation whenever the ex-girlfriend and I broke up, and it was then that I first held a gun in my hand; and it was then I realized that religion as a crutch to prevent me from committing suicide was no longer an option. I asked my mother for professional help for the first time in my natural born life. I was simply no longer capable of climbing out of the abyss without some sort of help.

My mother laughed at me. She laughed directly in my face. I showed her tear stained suicide notes crumbled and thrown in the trash, I showed her the very gun she did not know was in her house I planned to commit my horrendous act with, and I begged her to allow me to get some sort of medical help. Once again she laughed thinking I was simply going through a tough time in life, and once again I was left to fight the abyss on my own.

I then met a very close friend. Someone who has been there for me through the thick and the thin. He was atheist (which was nice as I had lost nearly all my friends due to all of them still being religious), he was highly intelligent when it came to the human mind, and he understood me when I said "I want to die" unlike friends before him. The abyss was still there, but I was no longer alone in that abyss.

I met another girl. She was nice, timid, funny, sensible, interesting, sarcastic, beautiful, and pretty much any other compliment you can possibly give a gal. I was happy at work. I was happy in my relationship. I was happy with my friendships. For the first time in 4 years I felt....happy from July 2011-May 2012.

Then something happened. The abyss reminded me that it still existed. I thought that it was gone forever, I thought that I never had to deal with it again, and I thought I had finally climbed my way out of the abyss. When I fell in this time, I did not climb back out, and on May 7th 2012 at 3:30am I took 23 pills in order to attempt suicide. My mother had to be at work at 5:00am the next morning during her last week of school, and when she went to take her pills she realized a bottle that she just had refilled 2 days ago was empty. A silly mistake that I now realize actually saved my life. Fortunately what I took was a combo pill, thus it only acted as a fluid pill. They ran a couple bags of some sort of fluid, I pissed every 20 minutes for about 13 hours; and I was sent home after a psych analysis in which therapy was suggested.

The girl I spoke of left me the following day I was out of the hospital. That was shitty of her, but she couldn't handle being around me at the time I guess. We're now back together, and it's dirt under the rug that gets brought up about once a week only to talk about it until either she or I start crying one to be swept back under the rug. We're working on it.

I have since been attending therapy weekly. Things have seemingly been going well, and I have been practicing the stress reliving techniques such as writing, talking to loved ones more openly, etc.

I recently lost that atheist friend I spoke of before for unknown reasons. Literally unknown reasons. I've reached out to both him and the other friend that I had made through him. Neither of them reply, and neither of them seem to care. It's highly upsetting to this day. He simply wants absolutely nothing to do with me. I lost my job, as I told them to be expecting my 2 week notice that I was looking for a job. I was very respectful to them about it, and I explained that it was simply time for me to move on. They seemed to be very okay with my decision to leave, and they said they understood that the new management regime was simply not working out. The following day I came in to find that I was off the schedule, and I was told to clock out and go home. They explained I was not terminated; however, I was simply off their schedule until further notice.

Wonderful. No money. No job. No friends. The abyss is slowly opening, and I can feel myself falling further and further with each passing breath. I'm fucking angry. I'm sad. I'm disappointed. I'm hurt. I don't know what's going to happen. I expect my time on this planet to be limited. My mother recently asked me what I wanted to do in life, and the only reply I could give her was "dying." Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Life is bleak, and I simply want to roll around in my own abyss.

Thanks for reading.
-Milkyway

Wow man I really don't know what to say to you except try seeking psychiatric help if your extremely serious about hurting yourself. The only advice I could give you is all throughout life your always going to face adversity, your always gonna face a tough stretch where things look bleak and it seems as if there's no way out. You don't just face adversity once during life and then after that tough stretch it all just goes away and you never have to face it again. No.. Throughout life your always gonna have adversity the key point is having the strength to get over it time and time again and it will shape you into a stronger person. I've face so much adversity in my life from being homeless, to getting hit by a truck, to getting kicked out of high school, to my sister almost dying, and even having thoughts of suicide in my head not that I really even considered it, it was just out of pure anger. After overcoming each of those things sometimes I wonder what life had been life if I didn't overcome them and then I
think to myself those things happened for a reason that reason being to make me who I am today. I
hope I helped you out a little. Besides that only things I could think of are two words Stay Strong!!! And trust me when I say throwing away your life isn't worth it.

Check yourself into a hospital. Not the ideal situation, but it is possible that it could help and at this point you need to try anything you can.

I have since been attending therapy weekly. Things have seemingly been going well, and I have been practicing the stress reliving techniques such as writing, talking to loved ones more openly, etc.

Wonderful. No money. No job. No friends. The abyss is slowly opening, and I can feel myself falling further and further with each passing breath. I'm fucking angry. I'm sad. I'm disappointed. I'm hurt. I don't know what's going to happen. I expect my time on this planet to be limited. My mother recently asked me what I wanted to do in life, and the only reply I could give her was "dying." Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Life is bleak, and I simply want to roll around in my own abyss.

Thanks for reading.
-Milkyway
If I may play amateur doctor for a second, you need to see a psychiatrist. I'm guessing the therapist you're seeing is not a psychiatrist. From the very little I know of you and psychiatry, I'm guessing what you're battling is a mental disorder. Whether it's depression or even bi-polar disorder, it seems as if you have some chemical problems in your brain which is hurting your ability to enjoy life.

The difference between a regular therapist/psychologist and a psychiatrist is that a psychiatrist can prescribe medication. They can give you medicine to help balance things out in your brain, so that you don't fluctuate so often between "glory" and "the abyss".

Get yourself to a psychiatrist as soon as possible. The most important thing to remember is that many of the emotions you're feeling really are not controllable. Many times it's not your fault, or the fault of anyone else, that you feel the way you do. You find reasons and people to blame, but that is only because you need some way to justify the depression which is being chemically forced upon you. So many times the problems you mention in your post are the symptoms, not the cause.

Visit a psychiatrist and explain basically what you've said here. Stress relief techniques are simply not enough. Also keep in mind that not all psychiatrists are equal, and when it comes to your life, it's not really a proper occasion to penny pinch.

This is the best advice I can offer. Hopefully you'll follow it, and hopefully it'll help long-term.

Sly, maybe you should use your admin powers to get in contact with his towns police department. Get somebody to his house to make sure he is alright. They'll get him the help he needs. This seems like a serious matter and I'd hate to find out something happened that could have been prevented.

Heh I'm fine Fizzy. I'm under supervision pretty much constantly via mother. She also has the rights to go to my doctor at any given time, and they apparently stay in contact to make sure I'm okay. Also they gave me the number to a crisis center that I'm willing to call before I do anything too irrational. After seeing the loved ones I hurt in the hospital surrounding my bed, I don't think I have the motivation to actually do it again.

Slyfox: Thanks man. I understand the differences, and I the medical center which has all three therapy, normal doctors (which is also my family doctor), and psychiatrists. I've seen all three, and for some reason they don't seem to think it's a chemical imbalance in my brain at all. I don't really understand their reasoning. They've never done an EEG, nor any tests of that nature. The past couple times I've been, I've been fine. I suppose my best bet is to simply call and make an appointment and explain shit's been tough.

Cool story: I got 2 job offers today, and now I'm in a predicament as to which one to choose.

Heh I'm fine Fizzy. I'm under supervision pretty much constantly via mother. She also has the rights to go to my doctor at any given time, and they apparently stay in contact to make sure I'm okay. Also they gave me the number to a crisis center that I'm willing to call before I do anything too irrational. After seeing the loved ones I hurt in the hospital surrounding my bed, I don't think I have the motivation to actually do it again.

Slyfox: Thanks man. I understand the differences, and I the medical center which has all three therapy, normal doctors (which is also my family doctor), and psychiatrists. I've seen all three, and for some reason they don't seem to think it's a chemical imbalance in my brain at all. I don't really understand their reasoning. They've never done an EEG, nor any tests of that nature. The past couple times I've been, I've been fine. I suppose my best bet is to simply call and make an appointment and explain shit's been tough.

Cool story: I got 2 job offers today, and now I'm in a predicament as to which one to choose.
Serious question, Milky.

Are you completely honest with the doctors? If you aren't telling them how bad you are actually feeling, it's hard for them to figure it out. I'm not saying you're lying, but if you're not being as open as you are here, then they may not see how bad it is, which could be why they don't think any medication is necessary. I know from first hand experience it's not as easy to talk about stuff like that.

I hope you get out of this abyss asap. And great news on the 2 job offers, man.

Serious question, Milky.

Are you completely honest with the doctors? If you aren't telling them how bad you are actually feeling, it's hard for them to figure it out. I'm not saying you're lying, but if you're not being as open as you are here, then they may not see how bad it is, which could be why they don't think any medication is necessary. I know from first hand experience it's not as easy to talk about stuff like that.

I hope you get out of this abyss asap. And great news on the 2 job offers, man.

They seem to think it's sleep related as I hadn't slept for about 6 days prior to my suicide attempt. They continuously tell me if I just make myself go to sleep that they don't think it's an issue with my brain.

They seem to think it's sleep related as I hadn't slept for about 6 days prior to my suicide attempt. They continuously tell me if I just make myself go to sleep that they don't think it's an issue with my brain.
Well, in a round about way, sleep deprivation will reek havoc on your circadian rhythm effectively altering the delicate balance of your hormones and neurotransmitters –the chemical messengers Sly alluded to. It's just a matter of "chicken or the egg" in the feedback loop.

Beyond biology, you may consider participating in some form of volunteer work. The healthy benefits, both mental and physical, are numerous. Research has shown a link between repeated, long term volunteering and a decrease in stress, depression and anxiety symptoms. Keeping physically and mentally active by engaging in society and helping others can often improve your state of mind and foster deeper bonds between you and your community. And, as a bit of a bonus, it also helps improve health and fitness, particularity if the volunteer work being done involves a degree of activity.

If you need to talk to someone, or need a referral to someone who can help, please message me. Im not a psychiatrist, but I am a psychologist, and it sounds like you're battling a major depressive disorder. Have you looked into any possible day programs? They're hospital based, but you would go during the day, on the days you choose, where you could get both medication management, individual therapy, and group therapy, all through one program. It's called a "partial hospitilization", and its what I would recommend. It keeps you out of the restrictiveness of inpatient hospitilization, but gives you care more then 1-2 hours a week.

Also, it gives you interaction w people dealing w similar issues. As someone who runs groups, I know that interaction w people dealing w similar things can form bonds and people wind up helping one another far more then I ever can.

That's just my two cents. If you need anything, PM me. I don't know where you live, but I can network out to your area easily and find you the best care available. I hope you're doing alright man.

They don't do EEG's, as a norm, for mental disorders, even those involving chemical imbalances. They're too unreliable, they have no foundation scientifically, and they're not a medically approved technique for locating chemical imbalances of the brain w relation to serotonin, which is what you would be missing.

That's why Im suggesting the day program, the "partial hospitilization.". If you have a day job, some places offer them at night as well. Any info you need, let me know. I can reach out to providers, even those out of state, if you need me to. More then anything, you need to get yourself well, man. I think this would be a happy medium between inpatient, and just seeing a therapist once or twice a week.

As someone who battles insomnia, alcoholism, and depression I sincerely hope you get whatever help you feel you need. My story is kind of reverse of yours in the religious aspect, but that is not really important. Everyone has their cross to bear, that is the human condition. The only thing that really helps me is laughing and realizing life isn't really all that serious. Simply a series of events that we are forced to make the best or worst out of. Everything happens for a reason, good or bad. If you ever need someone to vent to or ever want someone to share their experiences with you I'd be more then happy to be there for you. You can rise above this and go on to lead an amazing life.

I agree with everyone here who is posting that you really need to seek some psychiatric help as you are clearly dealing with a case of serious depression.
The only additional advice would be stop classifying all the people/friends you know into catagories of "Athiest" friends and "Christian" friends. In reality it does not matter whether someone is a believer or not, you should gather an opinon of them by how they treat you. Surround yourself with kind, friendly people and steer clear of those who judge you for your beliefs or lack of belief. Also try not to tell everyone you meet of your depression and life troubles as that is the perfect way to make people feel uncomfortable and want to avoid you.

There is never (or atleast very rarely) a good reason to commit suicide and what you describe is certainly not a reason at all. Yes people can be shitty, yes family can be shitty but your life is not all that bad. Think about the things you do HAVE. Like your girlfriend, your potential jobs, your future. Fuck everything else and think of the positives. Also perhaps move to an area that is less extreme when it comes to beliefs as it is clearly messing with your head. Religion is not a bad thing but it can be when you are surrounded by the extremes that you describe, these people may call themselves Christian however they are not acting in that way so simply ignore them. Do what is best for you, just don't give up on life.

Finally it is "when" not "whenever. (Read it back)

Good luck and I hope you can become happier in life, if not do as I do and smoke da reefer!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back