• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 2010 QB Class: A lot like the 2004 one?

BooCocky

On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
This should be the 2010 QB Class, a lot like the 2004 one...

I know a QB isn't going to be the first pick but the 2004 draft had three outstanding QB's, all of which are very good now and at the time were worthy of the first selection. So each were worthy of being the first QB taken. Now look to 2010, you have Claussen, McCoy, and Sam Bradford. All QB's were very good in College. Each have NFL size, and each should make a very good QB in the near future. Each QB is a projected first round pick, and each rank differently depending on the "expert", so are you able to say the 2010 QB class can be as good as the 2004 one?

Not even close. I don't think any of the three top quarterbacks this year are as good as Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger were. Sam Bradford is the only one who can have an argument made for him but who knows how he will bounce back from the shoulder injury.

Jimmy Clausen has some talent, but I think he is more a product of the Notre Dame system then anything else. I think Quinn was a better college qb and he isn't exactly lighting it up in the NFL.

Colt McCoy. Great college quarterback, but he isn't going to do shit in the NFL. He is only a borderline first round pick and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole any earlier then the second round. His arm strength is average at best, his accuracy is good but not spectacular. He has decent speed, but he won't be outrunning any defenders in the NFL like he did in college.

Colt McCoy's draft positioning is fuzzy. I for one am not fond of McCoy one bit. I'd probably rank him towards the bottom half of my top 10 for QB. I do not think he is a first round talent and I'm not so sure I'd take him round 2. Bradford has the injury to worry about, but I do believe he is a first round pick and would fall into the top 15-20 overall for me. And then there is Jimmy Clausen. I love this kid and I have him as a top 10 prospect. I think this kid is going to be a legit NFL QB. Here is how I'd rank the QB in the upcoming draft:

1. Jimmy Clausen, ND
2. Sam Bradford, OKLA
3. Ryan Mallett, ARK (if he declares)
4. Jerrod Johnson, TAM (if he declares)
5. Tony Pike, CIN
6. Dan LeFevour, CM
7. Tim Tebow, FLA
8. Jevan Snead, OLE
9. Colt McCoy, TEX
10. Max Hall, BYU

So to answer the question, no I do not believe this class will resemble 2004. I think Clausen will have a solid career and Bradford will as well. Everyone after that is a bit iffy for me. I'm a big fan of Jerrod Johnson from A&M and I think he will be a star in the NFL. If he is smart he will stay in school. We shall see though.

Here are the top 5 quarterbacks of the 2004 NFL Draft:

1.) Eli Manning
2.) Philip Rivers
3.) Ben Roethlisberger
4.) JP Losman
5.) Matt Schaub

I don't know what it is, but I think we're going to get a lot of future NFL busts out of the quarterbacks in this draft. I think Jimmy Clausen has the best shot of being a big time NFL QB. He was the best part of a terrible Notre Dame team, and has shown he has the ability to be potentially huge in the NFL. He's also played under Charlie Weis. Needless to say, Weis is a quarterback guru. Clausen should be fine running an NFL offense, and might be able to pull a Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco and be successful his first year in the NFL, at least stat-wise.

But as for the rest, ehhhh... Sam Bradford blew it for himself. He should have declared last year. Now, he's a major injury concern, and his arm strength is questionable, and has gone from a potential #1 to a late first rounder.

Tim Tebow is going to be a Jacksonville Jaguar, and despite being one of the greatest college QBs of all time, there are questions about how he'll transition to the NFL. Some pundits have even said he'd be better as a tight end.

Colt McCoy's going to be a project in the NFL. I can't see him having too much success. He's too much like Ken Dorsey. Great and successful in college, but not enough talent to cut it in the NFL.

I think this year's class is a very good one, but they're probably better compared to the 2008 class. Bradford, Claussen, McCoy, and Tebow could all have good careers, but I don't think any of them will go on to win multiple Super Bowls, MVP awards, or make more than a handful of Pro Bowls.

That's why they're best compared to Flacco and Ryan. They'll do good, but by comparison to Eli, Ben, and Rivers, anything they do will be understated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back