• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teen Wolf

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Not the super-awesome cheesy fantastic 80s movie starring Michael J. Fox that is like the greatest film ever made. No, the reboot TV series that MTV just launched a few weeks ago. Anyone else seen it?

It has literally nothing in common with the original film besides the obvious werewolf plot point, but it's not that big a deal. I'm a huge fan of Buffy/Angel so any supernatural teen drama is something I usually check out and this show isn't too shabby. All the characters are piss poor, have little to no development, and the actors aren't very good for the most part. The writing isn't great either, but it has a charm to it that I can't quite place my finger on. Just got done watching the first 3 episodes of the show and I enjoyed it. Really good music in the show too. I was kind of pissed at first because the show is so different from the original movie (he keeps him being a werewolf a secret, whereas the entire fucking point of the original film was that everyone knew Fox was a werewolf and that's what made his super popular to begin with), but it's got a pretty decent set-up and if they actually get some writers worth a fuck to work on it the show could wind up pretty decent.

Anyone else catch this show?

Caught about 20 minutes of it the other night. Seems like every other hipster pile of MTV trash. Then again, I hate just about everything on MTV, so, take that for what it's worth.

Caught about 20 minutes of it the other night. Seems like every other hipster pile of MTV trash. Then again, I hate just about everything on MTV, so, take that for what it's worth.
You're (presumably) 26. You're SUPPOSED to hate just about everything on MTV. Good job.

MTV is about the furthest thing from "hipster" as I can think of.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but the acting on this show is atrocious. The show is actually pretty bad, but I like throwaway melodrama so I was entertained.

Just another one of the useless, unwanted remakes of past great films. Can anyone come up with an original idea for fuck's sake? I dont expect them to get Fox to do a cameo in the fucking thing but damn. Couldnt mtv have just called it something else instead of using the name to lure fans in to another crappy show?

I don't watch anything on MTV, had the channel blocked so I don't have to see it even when I'm just flipping through, I fucking hate that channel with a passion

I've seen the first two episodes, but not the third. I don't know, I'm not gonna make it a point to watch it on Monday nights, but if I'm stuck in the house on a given wknd, there won't be shit else on anyway, so I might follow it a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back