I'm reading the Hunger Games...

That's a very up to date cirriculum you have there, what are you studying?

I'm doing a course on Literature and Publishing, one of the (optional) modules is on Contemporary American Literature with a focus on publishing trends etc.

Decent reading so far with Philip Roth and Jonathan Safron Foer behind me. Both very good books!

Aspiring to live off the hard work of authors at the very least.

My mam is constantly telling me to write though she's never read anything I've written.
I try writing but I don't think I have the necessary literary talent to please myself with what I write. Though at the age of seventeen I was very satisfied with a short story I wrote about waiting for the bus.

I do occasionally write convoluted comic book scripts for funsies. But that's just a hobby.
I'd like to be involved in the slowly dwindling book trade in one way or another without working at a book store. Commissioning Editor (the guy who decides what gets published etc) would be a beautiful job, though that's top of the line and I would most likely have to spend years proof-reading.

Most likely I will try go towards the Literary Agent line of work. (Especially after watching Californication. Runkle is my hero.) Pushing my opinion and interests on others is one of my favourite things to do! Obviously any job in the comic book industry would be a dream come true. Not too worried yet though, the future will get here when it gets here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back