John Cena
AJ Styles

2nd Half Events
Tag Team Tournament
King of the Mountain
Ultimate X
Elevation X
Battle Royal

You may vote to sub out one or two of the current participants for either alternate. You may also vote to keep the team as it is currently constructed. Voting will be open for 3 days. You may vote for more than one choice, but obviously you should not vote for more than one option, since you are only voting to sub out or in a max of two people!

I believe AJ Styles should be added into the roster. He's TNA's number one wrestler and deserves to represent the USA in the second half. Why? He has the most experience out of anyone in the second half matches. He's been in a short lived, but successful tag team with Christopher Daniels. He's participated in King of the Mountain on multiple occasions. He was an X Division innovator also taking part in Ultimate X and Elevation X matches. I know he's been in the Fight for your Right tournament, which included a reverse battle royal, but I'm not sure if he's been in a traditional one. Still, the man has the most experience in the 3 TNA matches then anyone else on the US team, possibly even anyone else in the competition. Unfortunately, that requires subbing out someone, and the only weak link to Team USA is RVD. While RVD is a great wrestler and very entertaining, I think AJ's experience in these types of matches will make him more of an asset then RVD in the second half.

Here's the thing. If AJ subs IN, he can only participate in ONE event. Now thinking like the GM of Team USA and a wrestling fan, AJ's best bet would probably be Ultimate X. LOADS of experience there. Elevation X would be the 2nd choice.

If you sub out RVD, you lose your other high-flyer, which means you have either Hogan, Michaels, Austin, or Angle in a match that involves crazy heights. Of the 5 current members of Team USA, RVD is by far the best and most agile high flyer, with HBK a distant 2nd.

So if you wanted to sub in AJ for Ultimate X, you still have to have someone do Elevation X, and Shawn Michaels would NOT be a favorite in that match by any stretch.

Let's say you keep Austin and Michaels on Team USA and place them in the Tag Team event, since they are an experienced tag team together. That leaves Hogan or Angle to be subbed out for Styles. Angle is the captain and an olympic gold medalist already. Hogan is running away with the Gold in the Spin the Wheel Event.

This is why I loved the substitution concept from the start. It's a game of strategy. And either way, you almost cannot win / lose.

I think Hogan's outlived his usefulness.

Austin and Michaels are the tag team here, and I think have a good chance to take the gold or at the very least, silver. They should not be split up.

Kurt Angle has won TWO King of the Mountain matches. He absolutely needs to remain active here, and is a shoo-in for the gold.

So, are we actually going to go with Hulk Hogan in a match specifically designed for high-flyers? The answer to that is quite simply, no, and I hope to hell that the rest of you agree with me here. AJ Styles replaces Hogan here. The goal is to put your team in position to win the gold or at least the silver. Hogan did his job and got the gold in the Spin the Wheel Event. Now it's time to substitute him out so Team USA can collect another gold medal.

I think Hogan's outlived his usefulness.

I'm sorry, but at some point in your ramblings, did you forget it was Hulk freakin Hogan? As long as he's on your team, he hasn't lived out his usefulness at all. Did you see the damage he did in the last round? He fucking won you a gold medal, and was pretty much the reason you beat Canada in the Survivor Series. If I'm smart, I'm keeping Hulk on the fucking team. It locks up your battle royal, that's for sure.

Austin and Michaels are the tag team here, and I think have a good chance to take the gold or at the very least, silver. They should not be split up.

You say this because of they're one stint as a tag team, which was tumultous at best, right?

If I wanted a tag team like that, I'd fucking take Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels instead. Or maybe even Kurt and Hulk. Point being, Steve and Shawn is a terrible choice for your tag team. They constantly bickered, and have never been that buddy buddy with one another. You're surely going to get beat by The Bulldogs, maybe whatever Canadian team is subbed in, and hell, maybe even the Bushwackers. Don't laugh, it's entrely feasible. My point being, a team of Hogan/Michaels, or even Hogan/Angle, will be even better.

Which brings me to my decision... Take out Shawn, and bring in Cena. Simply put, a team of Cena and Hogan is a dream team. That, I guarantee you, will get you at least Silver in the Tag Team, and potentially gold. The team of Cena and Hogan is one that would be fantastic, ultimately extremely resilient, and

Kurt Angle has won TWO King of the Mountain matches. He absolutely needs to remain active here, and is a shoo-in for the gold.

We definitely agree here.

So, are we actually going to go with Hulk Hogan in a match specifically designed for high-flyers?

Well, no, but you don't really have to, you see. No one ever said Hulk Hogan had to be in a freaking ladder match, at all. Besides, if you really were basing in on aerial ability, the first person you'd actually want out is Steve Austin. Yeah, I said it, not that I don't love Steve, but he's just as useless now as you assume Hogan to be. His knees have been shot since 1995, and I doubt any one here is going to use the Stunning Steve Austin of the Dangerous Alliance.

It's very simple; take out Austin and Shawn, and put in Styles and Cena. It can work as thus;

Tag Team- Cena and Hogan
KotM- Angle
Elevation X- RVD
Ultimate X- Stlyes

Battle Royal- I don't know about you, but there's no doubt in my mind that with Kurt Angle, John Cena, and Hulk Hogan, the US has a guaranteed winner in the Battle Royal.

Are my ideas popular? Probably not, as it's leaving out two of the best wrestler's ever. Is it smart? You bet your ass.

Reactions: gd
I definetly think Styles should be subbed in here for the Ultimate X. I think he'd more or less assure a Gold Medal there. However, subbing him in for Hogan is ludicrous. Hogan is the greatest wrestler of all the times. No way he should be taken of the team. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Seeing as we still need RVD for KOTM, I say we sub out HBK. Sure, he's sexy and all, but we don't really need him on this team anymore, at least not ahead of guys like Angle, Austin, and Hogan.

I'd also like to sub in Cena, but I just can't see anyone that I'd take out to replace him.

I'd also like to sub in Cena, but I just can't see anyone that I'd take out to replace him.

I hate to say it, Dissaray, but it's Steve that has to go. This ain't the Hollywood Blondes, and he ain't tagging with Brian Pillman here. There's a reason the guy's motto, besides "That's the bottom line"... And "What?!?!"... And "Gimme a Hell Yeah".... Well that's not the point. The point is that his motto is DTA: Don't Trust Anyone. is that really the type of guy you want on your tag team?

I'll let you all consider this; take these two teams into account for me. Tell me which one you think is better:

Hogan/Cena- Two invincible wrestlers, who always seem to get the win. Pretty cooperative, and have yet to ever feud. Believe in truth, justice, yada yada. This is the dream team here. This is the rightful passing of the torch.

Austin/Michaels- Two bitter rivals who teamed together only out of convenience. Enforce an untrusting policy, and are liable to snap at each other on a moment's notice.

Ahem... Now which would you rather have teaming together again?

I never actually considered the all the events, but here is how I think it'd work out. I actually subbed out HBK already, so here we go.

Ultimate X - AJ. Seems rather obvious. He should win the gold here, considering he has the most experience/success in this match out of any wrestler in this thing.

KOTM - RVD. He came onto the team as ladder match expert. May as well put him in a ladder match. Never mind. I have to put Angle here now. He's won KOTM before. It's more than just a normal ladder match. You have to get pins and be and a cage and all as well.

Elevation X - High flying type match. Put RVD here.

Tag Team - Hogan/Austin - Seems like one hell of a team to me. Methinks they'd get along pretty well and would be quite dominant. I'd be fine with Hogan/Cena though.

Tenta, you talk about Hogan and Cena being an unbeatable tag team, but how are they better then Hogan and Austin? Cena is great, but at this point he can't even touch the success that Austin had in his prime. If you want to make a "super team" so to speak then you have to go Hogan and Austin.

I pretty much agree everywhere else. Have AJ subbed in for either RVD or HBK. Styles does Ultimate X and either Michaels or RVD does Elevation X. That leaves Kurt for King of the Mountain.

King of the Mountain- Kurt Angle
Ultimate X- AJ Styles
Elevation X- Either HBK or RVD depending on who Styles replaces.
Tag Team- Hogan and Austin

For all the people voting out Hogan, please realize that it would be a horrible decision. Hogan and Austin as a tag team would be unstoppable. Fuck chemistry. When you have arguably the two most successful wrestlers in history together, chemistry takes a back seat.

Reactions: gd
For all the people voting out Hogan, please realize that it would be a horrible decision. Hogan and Austin as a tag team would be unstoppable. Fuck chemistry. When you have arguably the two most successful wrestlers in history together, chemistry takes a back seat.

No.

No.

No.

Look, typically I'd agree with you Big Sexy, because this would be an awesome team, theoretically. But God knows Steve is a bit bitter over how Hulk treated him in WCW when Hulk came in. Steve was set to go nito the Main Event in WCW, and by September, he went from having classic matches with Ricky Steamboat, to getting squashed in fucking twenty five seconds by Hacksaw Jim Duggan. And he personally felt two men were responsible for that (Perhaps three); Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff. He partially blamed Ric Flair and Dusty, but The Hulkster and Eric got the most heat from Austin after he was fired. Shit, it was the entire basis of his ECW character.

Thus, you have the issue of Steve's vengeful personality. You don't think he'll sacrifice a fucking medal to get back at Hulk? In this round, they'll have to face legitimate teams. The British Bulldogs are a lock to be in this round, so does Edge and Christian. Shit, you even have to fucking consider the Koloffs, and the Bushwackers. You're going to need a team with cohesion. And Steve and Hulk are about as combustible as they come. You might as well put Steve on a team with Mr. McMahon.

Look, the choice is yours. If Team America wants the Gold in the Tag Team, they'll need a cohesive unit. That would definitely be Hogan and Cena.

If you're talking about chemistry being so important, I don't see how you think Hogan/Cena will be such a better team though. Sure, they are similar in some respects, but they never really interacted with one anohter. Who is to say that jealousy doesn't creep into one or both of their minds during a match, causing them to lose?

Sure, Hogan and Austing may not be a perfect match, but I don't see how Hogan/Cena would be any better in the chemistry department.

If you're talking about chemistry being so important, I don't see how you think Hogan/Cena will be such a better team though. Sure, they are similar in some respects, but they never really interacted with one anohter. Who is to say that jealousy doesn't creep into one or both of their minds during a match, causing them to lose?

Sure, Hogan and Austing may not be a perfect match, but I don't see how Hogan/Cena would be any better in the chemistry department.

I'm not saying you won't get tension with Hulk and Cena. Knowing their on screen personalities, I think it's safe to say, though, that these two would probably get along, where as Steve and Hogan would flounder. They have no experience together, but it isn't as though they have any negative confrontation. That's more than you can say in regards to Austin-Hogan. These two just don't like each other one bit.

It's simple, guys; Voting for Hogan/Cena gives us a chance of tension, yes. Voting for Austin/Hogan absolutely guarantees someone is turning on the other

I'm sorry, but at some point in your ramblings, did you forget it was Hulk freakin Hogan? As long as he's on your team, he hasn't lived out his usefulness at all. Did you see the damage he did in the last round? He fucking won you a gold medal, and was pretty much the reason you beat Canada in the Survivor Series. If I'm smart, I'm keeping Hulk on the fucking team. It locks up your battle royal, that's for sure.

It locks up your battle royal? Really? Are you forgetting that we have two multiple time Royal Rumble winners in Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels? Hogan and Austin don't like each other, and Hogan and HBK don't like each other. Also, both potential teams have ZERO TAG TEAM EXPERIENCE.

You say this because of they're one stint as a tag team, which was tumultous at best, right?

If I wanted a tag team like that, I'd fucking take Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels instead. Or maybe even Kurt and Hulk. Point being, Steve and Shawn is a terrible choice for your tag team. They constantly bickered, and have never been that buddy buddy with one another. You're surely going to get beat by The Bulldogs, maybe whatever Canadian team is subbed in, and hell, maybe even the Bushwackers. Don't laugh, it's entrely feasible. My point being, a team of Hogan/Michaels, or even Hogan/Angle, will be even better.

1.) This is a popularity contest. Don't worry, they'll get past the Bushwhackers should the opportunity arise. They'll have support throughout this should they be the team to be picked to represent Team USA.

2.) HBK and Austin were one of the original teams of partners who don't like each other but rise above it to be successful. They held the titles for less than two months, sure, but they only lost the titles due to HBK getting hurt. And the team they beat for those titles? Owen Hart and the British Bulldog, who were related. I think that in the common interest of wanting to win gold for Team USA, they'll put their differences aside.

Which brings me to my decision... Take out Shawn, and bring in Cena. Simply put, a team of Cena and Hogan is a dream team. That, I guarantee you, will get you at least Silver in the Tag Team, and potentially gold. The team of Cena and Hogan is one that would be fantastic, ultimately extremely resilient, and

And again, this is a popularity contest. People here don't like Cena and don't like Hogan. It's a disaster waiting to happen. And again, there's the issue of them having ZERO EXPERIENCE AS A TAG TEAM BESIDES MAYBE ONE EPISODE OF RAW LIKE THREE YEARS AGO.

Well, no, but you don't really have to, you see. No one ever said Hulk Hogan had to be in a freaking ladder match, at all.

That's how I saw things shaking out, Hogan's the odd man out. And looking at the poll, people agree with me on that.

Besides, if you really were basing in on aerial ability, the first person you'd actually want out is Steve Austin.

No one ever said Stone Cold Steve Austin had to be in a freaking ladder match, at all.

Yeah, I said it, not that I don't love Steve, but he's just as useless now as you assume Hogan to be. His knees have been shot since 1995, and I doubt any one here is going to use the Stunning Steve Austin of the Dangerous Alliance.

Well that's okay because he'll most likely be used in the tag team event with Shawn Michaels.

Battle Royal- I don't know about you, but there's no doubt in my mind that with Kurt Angle, John Cena, and Hulk Hogan, the US has a guaranteed winner in the Battle Royal.

Or you could have Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin in, who have won a combined five Royal Rumbles, plus HBK was one of the final two in 2007.

Sure, Hogan's won two Royal Rumbles, but Team USA can afford to lose him for a guaranteed medal in the Tag Team Event.

It locks up your battle royal? Really? Are you forgetting that we have two multiple time Royal Rumble winners in Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels? Hogan and Austin don't like each other, and Hogan and HBK don't like each other. Also, both potential teams have ZERO TAG TEAM EXPERIENCE.

I find all of Cena's exploits in the Rumble far more impressive than Shawn Michael's. Cena was also the final two in two other rumbles, much like Shawn was one of the others, as you referenced earlier. By taking out Hogan, you take out a fellow two time winner. Having a team of Hogan, Angle, and Cena is a guaranteed gold from either one of these three. The only possible challengers are going to be Bret, Benoit, and the Rock. And no one is dumb enough to vote either of these three men against Hogan, Angle, and Cena in a battle royal.

1.) This is a popularity contest. Don't worry, they'll get past the Bushwhackers should the opportunity arise. They'll have support throughout this should they be the team to be picked to represent Team USA.

Yeah, but I envision a large anti-smark audience coming out now, due to how people have complained over "injustices" like HBK beating Kobashi, Edge beating Misawa, etc. I think the smarks are right, but there's going to be a bit of ill will towards the smark darlings in the next round.

2.) HBK and Austin were one of the original teams of partners who don't like each other but rise above it to be successful. They held the titles for less than two months, sure, but they only lost the titles due to HBK getting hurt. And the team they beat for those titles? Owen Hart and the British Bulldog, who were related. I think that in the common interest of wanting to win gold for Team USA, they'll put their differences aside.

Didn't like is an understatement. Austin and Michaels hated one another. They had an intense fight at the King of the Ring, in the middle of thei title reign. Who the fuck ever does that? Look, the simple fact is that Shawn and Steve have proven that can't work together. Steve doesn't want a partner, and Shawn only wants a partner that's in his clique. Hogan will take a partner, if he can ride them to success. See: Taking Randy Savage, taking Edge, taking Shawn Michaels. Time and time again, it was the other guy that caused the team to destruct. Cena preaches loyalty and respect. He'll have nothing but great respect for the man that paved the way for him.

And again, this is a popularity contest. People here don't like Cena and don't like Hogan.

The smarks are going to vote against Hogan and Cena regardless. What you want is the indifferent crowd. Those that look at name value. Hogan is the biggest star in wrestling, and as Edge/Misawa proved, sometimes it's better to be the more recent star than the better star. John Cena is the face of the WWE. He's going to get you more than enough votes.

It's a disaster waiting to happen. And again, there's the issue of them having ZERO EXPERIENCE AS A TAG TEAM BESIDES MAYBE ONE EPISODE OF RAW LIKE THREE YEARS AGO.

Again, it truly is the best option you got. The Mega Powers had no expereince together. They worked out pretty well. Edge and Hogan had no experience. they won the damn tag titles.

That's how I saw things shaking out, Hogan's the odd man out. And looking at the poll, people agree with me on that.

It's early. Plus, take a good look at the people voting. TM is voting to take Hogan out, because he realizes that it's in Team Canada's best interest. All the rest are really people who haven't been on long, who don't know diddley squat about wrestling. Except Big Sexy. He's cool.

No one ever said Stone Cold Steve Austin had to be in a freaking ladder match, at all.

Yeah, but having him on the team is no in the best interest of Team USa, for all the reasons I've said

Well that's okay because he'll most likely be used in the tag team event with Shawn Michaels.

And again, that's a terrible mistake

Or you could have Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin in, who have won a combined five Royal Rumbles, plus HBK was one of the final two in 2007

It's pretty much the same when compared to the team of Hogan, Angle, Cena, RVD, and Styles. You're really missing out on one more Rumble win, honestly. Or one and a half. I count the 95 Rumble as half a Rumble.

Sure, Hogan's won two Royal Rumbles, but Team USA can afford to lose him for a guaranteed medal in the Tag Team Event.

Trust me... If you have Austin/Michaels, youwon't even medal in the Tag Team Tourney. I promise you.

No.

No.

No.

Look, typically I'd agree with you Big Sexy, because this would be an awesome team, theoretically. But God knows Steve is a bit bitter over how Hulk treated him in WCW when Hulk came in. Steve was set to go nito the Main Event in WCW, and by September, he went from having classic matches with Ricky Steamboat, to getting squashed in fucking twenty five seconds by Hacksaw Jim Duggan. And he personally felt two men were responsible for that (Perhaps three); Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff. He partially blamed Ric Flair and Dusty, but The Hulkster and Eric got the most heat from Austin after he was fired. Shit, it was the entire basis of his ECW character.

Thus, you have the issue of Steve's vengeful personality. You don't think he'll sacrifice a fucking medal to get back at Hulk? In this round, they'll have to face legitimate teams. The British Bulldogs are a lock to be in this round, so does Edge and Christian. Shit, you even have to fucking consider the Koloffs, and the Bushwackers. You're going to need a team with cohesion. And Steve and Hulk are about as combustible as they come. You might as well put Steve on a team with Mr. McMahon.

Look, the choice is yours. If Team America wants the Gold in the Tag Team, they'll need a cohesive unit. That would definitely be Hogan and Cena.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was a kayfabe tournament where everybody would be considered in their primes. Backstage politics and all the bullshit that happens behind the scenes in this industry would basically be irrelevant.

Even if it was taken into consideration, before going to TNA Hogan had said in interviews that if a match between him and Austin were to happen that he would have no problem putting him over. So the tension between the two may not be as prevalent any more. Not only that but Hogan and Austin would be representing their country here. Even with his personality I doubt Austin would "turn his back on his country" so to speak, just so he could prove a point to Hogan. Austin and Hogan in my mind would be the favorites to win the gold and once they did win it, THEN Austin may give Hogan a stunner and walk away with his and Hogan's gold medals around his neck.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this was a kayfabe tournament where everybody would be considered in their primes. Backstage politics and all the bullshit that happens behind the scenes in this industry would basically be irrelevant.

See, here's the thing; that'd be right if it wasn't written into Austin's character. However:

A. It was written in his ECW character. He regularly performed shoots on Hulk Hogan, on a consistent basis. His ECW character and WWE character weren't that different.

B. You still have the DTA issue. Don't trust anyone does not mean, "Don't trust anyone, but if Hulk Hogan wants to tag with me, I guess I'm kind of cool with it." Part of Austin's appeal was he was a loose cannon, who would attack anyone when the time was right. And against someone he already has baggage with? Totally smell a turn coming.

Even if it was taken into consideration, before going to TNA Hogan had said in interviews that if a match between him and Austin were to happen that he would have no problem putting him over. So the tension between the two may not be as prevalent any more.

Totally Hogan being Hogan. The guy needed a pay day, and was going to play politics to get the pay day. Besides, this was after Austin said there wasno way the match would happen. Let that speak for itself, on how the relationship is between Hogan and Austin

Not only that but Hogan and Austin would be representing their country here. Even with his personality I doubt Austin would "turn his back on his country" so to speak, just so he could prove a point to Hogan. Austin and Hogan in my mind would be the favorites to win the gold and once they did win it, THEN Austin may give Hogan a stunner and walk away with his and Hogan's gold medals around his neck.

Yeah, but there's still the chance he would. Where as with Cena and Hogan, you have two patriots who will lay it all on the line to bring home the gold. That's stronger than any Hogan/Austin bond.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest here. Hulk Hogan, (this will sound crazy stupid) is the weakest link headed forward. Whether anyone wishes to believe that or not, its true.

Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam and hell, even Steve Austin can all give individual strengthes to the next round of matches. Van Dam has advantages in matches involving heights and agility. Michaels and Austin have been former (albeit uneasy) Tag Team champions, and Angle is an all around athlete.

Hulk Hogan can not climb, and would not be stable enough no matter how much crack you smoke, to be balanced on Ultimate X/Elevation X.

Hogan, believe it or not, is even weaker in Tag Team matches. Look at history. He's only won Tag Team gold with a guy (Edge, ironically enough) who was able to carry the team by way of knowing how TEAMS work. While I'm sure that'll gain "You're fucked in the head" comments, try arguing it. Show me where Hogan has done anything useful in a Tag Team, thats lead to something long-term, or ended in gold being won.

So with that being said. Shy of just voting Hogan for name-sake, he's the weakest link on the Team right now.

Hogan, believe it or not, is even weaker in Tag Team matches. Look at history. He's only won Tag Team gold with a guy (Edge, ironically enough) who was able to carry the team by way of knowing how TEAMS work. While I'm sure that'll gain "You're fucked in the head" comments, try arguing it. Show me where Hogan has done anything useful in a Tag Team, thats lead to something long-term, or ended in gold being won.

So you're going to leave the tag team match up to Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels? A team that had all of two matches together. They beat Owen and Bulldog for the titles (while fighting amongst themselves the whole time) and they lost to the Legion of Doom. That's it.

Hogan has been in plenty of tag teams and don't give me this long term bullshit because obviously as a top main eventer for his whole career he wasn't going to be in a long term tag team. Hogan teamed with Savage as the Mega Powers for a few matches. He also teamed with Brutus Beefcake as the Megamaniacs for a few matches. Hogan has teamed with a bunch of random guys for a brief period and has won matches with them. Hogan has won matches with partners like Savage, Beefcake, JYD, Paul Orndorff, Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino, the Ultimate Warrior, and Edge.

So you're going to leave the tag team match up to Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels? A team that had all of two matches together. They beat Owen and Bulldog for the titles (while fighting amongst themselves the whole time) and they lost to the Legion of Doom. That's it.

I won't lie in saying I'm not pulling for Team USA to win in an overall format. But in being honest, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels - even when neither were on the same page, won Tag Team gold their first try. Yes, they tagged a whole 2-3 times, but can you show me anyone else - any other pairing, currently on Team USA that has a better chance?

Austin/Hogan? Only if you plan on trying to hope they can get by off name-sake alone. Anyone who thinks Austin and Hogan as a team would be unstoppable is only blindly believing this because they've had such great success as Single's Wrestlers. Anyone with half the ability to debate could rip apart why they would fail massively as a Tag team.

RVD/HBK? Both are too experienced in other areas to risk putting them as a team. If you can afford it, HBK and RVD need to be in the high risk/high reward match-ups.

Angle/Austin - RVD/Austin? Yep, cause the Alliance memberships sure did wonders for each pairing.

Hogan/HBK? I would love to see it. Because it would fail the hardest.

So, yes.. HBK/Austin seems like your most logical pairing because they have experience (as little as it may be) as an actual team. And thats what you'll need, when going up against other possible legit teams.

Hogan has been in plenty of tag teams and don't give me this long term bullshit because obviously as a top main eventer for his whole career he wasn't going to be in a long term tag team. Hogan teamed with Savage as the Mega Powers for a few matches. He also teamed with Brutus Beefcake as the Megamaniacs for a few matches. Hogan has teamed with a bunch of random guys for a brief period and has won matches with them. Hogan has won matches with partners like Savage, Beefcake, JYD, Paul Orndorff, Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino, the Ultimate Warrior, and Edge.

I think its purely ironic that your initials are the same as that of what I see this paragraph as being. B.S.

Hulk Hogan is a huge name, a great Single's talent.. and sure, he's even won Tag events with random guys. But of the amount of times he's lost, the most have come in Tag team contests.. to guys he likely never should have lost to.

Hogan, in tag matches, has lost to the likes of; I.R.S, Jericho, Christian, and several other lesser class names. All of which are names he should've never lost to. Why? Because as a Single's star he is flat-out as close to perfect as you can get.. but as a Tag team wrestler, he falls short of the experience and where-with-all to know how to succeed.

He might be able to win once, but in a tournament filled with other Countries looking to put together actual teams that may have been, before.. Hogan is a horrible choice to put in the Tag team division moving forward.

I won't lie in saying I'm not pulling for Team USA to win in an overall format. But in being honest, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels - even when neither were on the same page, won Tag Team gold their first try. Yes, they tagged a whole 2-3 times, but can you show me anyone else - any other pairing, currently on Team USA that has a better chance

You are overrating this whole experience thing. The experience Austin and HBK have is that of a team that fought constantly and only won the tag title because of how great they were individually and not as a team. Austin and Hogan are much better individually then Austin and HBK.

I think its purely ironic that your initials are the same as that of what I see this paragraph as being. B.S.

Wow you are a clever one. I find it highly oxymoronic that you call yourself TheOneBigWill when there probably isn't anything about you that is big. (Yes I am saying you have a small penis)

Hulk Hogan is a huge name, a great Single's talent.. and sure, he's even won Tag events with random guys. But of the amount of times he's lost, the most have come in Tag team contests.. to guys he likely never should have lost to.

He actually has a great record in tag matches.

Hogan, in tag matches, has lost to the likes of; I.R.S, Jericho, Christian, and several other lesser class names. All of which are names he should've never lost to. Why? Because as a Single's star he is flat-out as close to perfect as you can get.. but as a Tag team wrestler, he falls short of the experience and where-with-all to know how to succeed.

He lost to IRS and Dibiase by DQ when a ref who wasn't even part of the match made the call. The losses to Jericho and Christian came well past his prime. Hogan was very successful in tag matches with many different partners.
He might be able to win once, but in a tournament filled with other Countries looking to put together actual teams that may have been, before.. Hogan is a horrible choice to put in the Tag team division moving forward.

The only other countries that have teams with a lot of experience would be Canada with Edge and Christian and New Zealand with the fucking Buschwackers. Hogan and Austin wouldn't have much trouble at all with their competition.

I decided that Hogtan will have to go, and for once afterall, I guess I'm not trying to sandbag Team USA. These future events are pretty much designated to take Hogan out, giving those fun people that get the lable "Smark" (Silly people actually view online forums for wrestling) the ability to take out the most hated man online, Hulk Hogan out. So I voted to take him out, and replace him with either John Cena or AJ Styles. Styles has two events he could do well in, but most importantly, Cena is loved by about half, more than Hogan, for the power events.

Wow you are a clever one. I find it highly oxymoronic that you call yourself TheOneBigWill when there probably isn't anything about you that is big. (Yes I am saying you have a small penis)

Well its certainly nice to see you care so much about the size of my penis. I'll take that into consideration for when I'm filling out the restraining order.

And if you're so interested, I'm sure you can ask my Wife.

He actually has a great record in tag matches.

He has one-off's in Tag team matches. He wins and loses, he doesn't have any consistency. Why? OH, thats right.. because its not a division he should be in!

He lost to IRS and Dibiase by DQ when a ref who wasn't even part of the match made the call. The losses to Jericho and Christian came well past his prime. Hogan was very successful in tag matches with many different partners.

They were still losses. You factor in that Hogan, for as big a name as he is, mainly only ever had losses that happened because of random unfair events. But they still happened, and for the shear fact that Hogan mainly only ever lost when it was cheap, you need to factor in that is likely going to happen in this tournament just the same.

You are putting too much "bank" on Hogan's name carrying his team through a tourney.

The only other countries that have teams with a lot of experience would be Canada with Edge and Christian and New Zealand with the fucking Buschwackers. Hogan and Austin wouldn't have much trouble at all with their competition.

Again, you're putting too much on Hogan's name sake carrying whatever team he forms through this tournament. The Bushwackers may have been a joke in WWE, but they weren't in other places. And Edge and Christian are the end all/be all of top Tag teams.

They (E&C) have taken down two Main Event single's wrestlers before, and chances are Austin (who has never been a team player, shy of with Pillman) isn't likely to stand in Hogan's shadow on the ring apron. Hogan and Austin make one misque, and its a stunner, followed by an opening for the guy with the most ironic gimmick name of all.. to take full advantage.

But hey.. I fully understand why you want Hogan in this so badly. The pairing of Hogan and Austin is sure to draw you some blind numbers in the votes. The two biggest names the sport has seen, why not vote for them without even remotely factoring anything in, eh?

Well its certainly nice to see you care so much about the size of my penis. I'll take that into consideration for when I'm filling out the restraining order.

And if you're so interested, I'm sure you can ask my Wife.

I'm just taking a guess homie. You seem to be angry every time you debate and having a small penis will do that to you.

He has one-off's in Tag team matches. He wins and loses, he doesn't have any consistency. Why? OH, thats right.. because its not a division he should be in!

Hogan has won as a tag team a lot more then he has lost.

They were still losses. You factor in that Hogan, for as big a name as he is, mainly only ever had losses that happened because of random unfair events. But they still happened, and for the shear fact that Hogan mainly only ever lost when it was cheap, you need to factor in that is likely going to happen in this tournament just the same.

This tournament focuses on guys in their primes so I'm not going to take into consideration the losses he had back in 2002 and 2003.

Let's look at Hogan's record in tag teams in his prime.

WM 1- Hogan and Mr T defeat Piper and Orndorff
SNME- Hogan and Andre defeat King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd
SNME- Hogan and JYD defeat Terry and Hoss Funk
Summerslam 88- Hogan and Savage defeat Dibiase and Andre
The Main Event- Hogan and Savage defeat the Twin Towers
Summerslam 89- Hogan and Beefcake defeat Savage and Zeus
No Holds Barred- Hogan and Beefcake defeat Savage and Zeus
SNME- Hogan and Warrior defeat Mr Perfect and the Genius
SNME- Hogan and Tugboat defeat Greg Valentine and Honky Tonk Man
SNME- Hogan and Tugboat defeat Earthquake and Dino Bravo
Summerslam 91- Hogan and Warrior defeat Sgt Slaughter, Col Mustafa, and General Adnan
SNME- Hogan and Sid defeat Taker and Ric Flair
Wrestlemania 9- Money Inc defeat Hogan and Beefcake

That is a 12-1 record for Hogan during his prime in the WWE. I could go on to WCW but it's a lot more of the same.
The Bushwackers may have been a joke in WWE, but they weren't in other places. And Edge and Christian are the end all/be all of top Tag teams.

The Sheepherders were very successful but they still wouldn't beat Hogan and Austin. And Edge and Christian were very good, but the end all/be all of top tag teams? Please tell me you are joking. They had 7 tag title reigns but the length of those reigns only equals 207 days. That's an average of about one month per reign.

I think Tenta makes a strong case. A Hogan-Cena team seems virtually unbeatable given both men's gimmicks. Both guys who ovecome huge ods, etc. Obviously, Hogan would be a liability if he's in one of these "X" matches which all seem to involve some kind of heights. But having Hogan and Steve Austin on your team...that's a guaranteed win in the battle royal. Hogan and Austin have 5 wins in the Royal Rumble, the ultimate battle royal. Now it's not exactly the same, because as I understand, it's a traditional battle royal, not "someoen enters every 2 minutes", but still the point stands. Cena also has a win in the RUmble. That makes the US a virtual lock in the Rumble IMO.

So, I think we should sub Styles, who appears to be very successful and experienced in these X matches, and take out Michaels. Then we would set up thusly:

Tag Team: Hogan and Austin-Now, I know in real life the two guys hate each other, and who can blame Austin really? But kayfabe, both guys were "do anything to win" types, and are two of the biggest winners in history. Someone said Austin is likely to turn on Hogan midmatch, and I disagree. He might Stun his ass on the medal stand, but during the competition, it's all about winning for Austin. Both men have been World Tag Team Champs, as well.

King of the Mountain: Kurt Angle-As I understand it, this is a ladder match of some kind, and Angle has won it twice? Seems pretty good to me.

Ultimate X: AJ Styles-Again, never heard of it til now, but wiki says it's something with ropes crossed over the middle of the ring, kind of like a ladder match without a ladder? Styles wrestles in TNA, the promotion that has this, so he seems like as good a choice as any. Is he successful, "kayfabe", in this match?

Elevation X: RVD-This is a scaffold match, basically. RVD was in ECW, he can work this match, not to mention he's a rather agile guy known for his incredible balance anyways.

All that looks pretty good to me, so I say sub out Shawn Michaels, sub in AJ Styles.

The poll is closed, and the fans have spoken. Hulk Hogan is subbed out, and AJ Styles will take his place.

Team USA will go into round two as:
Angle
Austin
Michaels
van Dam
Styles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members