The Brothers of Destruction
La Résistance
The Spirit Squad
Team Angle
The Briscoe Brothers
America's Most Wanted
Christian's Coalition

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Well, WrestleZone has showed the world that we think that Edge and Christian are the tag team of the EVA, I may disagree, but I will consider them the tag team of the decade for sure. They dominated one of the best periods of tag team wrestling, and are way better than most on the list. They were funny, dangerous, and flowed extremely well together, almost like brothers.

HOLY FREAKASAURUS!

It only felt fitting to use a Edge and Christian-esque term to respond to the votes so far for the best tag team of the decade. The Dudleys had the longevity, the Hardys had the most mainstream memories, but no tag team entertained us in the ring and on the mic quite like Edge and Christian. The five second poses were always entertaining. Their shtick of mocking their tag team opponents was classic (In fact, as I write this, I'm thinking of the mini-Bubba Ray saying "WAZZUP!"). Their tag team matches were never boring. Both went on to become world champions by the end of the decade, but what does it say about the tag team when most fans still yearn for that classic Edge and Christian tag team reunion? It speaks volumes for how popular the team still is among the fans.

My personal runner-up tag teams would be Miz and Morrison, who were really entertaining as the tag team champions. Then, I'd go with Team 3D/The Dudleys, even though I hate their stinking guts (I guess that's the point).

America's Most Wanted, and it really shouldn't be close. There's some good tag teams there, but none of them truly ran over their division for so long like AMW did. Eve as a tag team, they were a draw, and made sure you wanted to buy each and every pay-per-view. They could work with anyone, and could cut some amazing promos. They also carried the titles 6 times, and paved the way for every tag team to come through TNA after them.

E&C for certain.. they had it all if you ask me, they had humorous segments, they had the exciting matches with the dudleys and the hardy boys.. they had the titles (even thou many of the reigns certainly weren't that long.. but still.. 7 times!) so this certainly makes them tag team of the decade, even thou the hardy boys could've easily come close.. but i still like(d) E&C much more.

Edge & Christian are my pick. They had a GREAT run as a tag team, then after they split up they have both had a lot of success winning multiple world titles (although Christian's was in TNA). Edge & Christian are the Tag Team of the Decade because these guys have remained VERY popular this ENTIRE decade. I can't say that about many of the other choices on the poll.

Team 3D, what reasons are there for voting E & C or Hardyz? Ladder matches would be my guess, well Team 3D were involved and they remained a team. America's Most Wanted? Pfft, their best matches came against each other and one of their best matches as a team came in a 6-man tag against the Dudleyz.

How can anyone pick Edge and Christian when they were only together in this decade for one year astounds me? I want to go with Team 3D but I'm sticking with America's Most Wanted. They were the top heels along with Jarrett for a number of years and had most if not all the greatest tag team matches in TNA's history and also produced a great Texas Death Match between Storm and Harris when they split. Team 3D is second because they were still a tag team except a couple of months and kept the TNA tag team division afloat for a while.

I caught some of AMW in TNA and they were alright but not in my view the best of the decade so far. Team 3-D will never get my vote no matter what, I thought they should have been gone years ago. E&C were great but as someone pointed out they were only around for one year of this decade.

My Vote has to go to Morrison and The Miz. Whether you like it or not I think these guys have the crown for tag team or the last decade. Look at where they started individually, where they started as a tag team, where they went as a tag team, and what they've gone so far seperately.

Obviously we know that individuals from some of the other tag teams have won world titles whereas these two haven't yet, but they are also not at the stages of their careers the others are and were.

Miz and Morrison both had a hard beginning in the company being on Tough Enough and winning that, both moving on to meager roles in the company and working their way in singles and tag competition eventually.

Then take look at what they did as a tag team. They started on ECW as a no big deal team, worked their way to a tag title, got their own Skit segment "The Dirt Sheet", won both titles seperately to unify the tag titles, the won a Slammy as well. I used to watch ECW just to watch them. I spotted Morrison when he was Nitro as having a great future, and although I never liked The Miz, he did grow on me a bit with his in ring ability and mic skills. It could be argued as well that they helped carry and boost the Tag Team division.

Taking a look at then where they have went afterwards, you can't say these guys haven't done well for themselves. Intercontinental Champion now possibly moving up, and U.S. champion reigning and defending. Half the tag teams mentioned aren't even together anymore or accomplishing anything outside of tag competition. So for these two to be paralleling each other outside of that tag team is really good.

The Hardy Boyz you could say were probably the most popular, no doubt you can say that about them. But the best? No. They represent the Attitude Era really, not this one. Or it would be better stated to say that their roles and impact in this era is different than in the previous one.

I really, REALLY wanted to vote for AMW and give TNA some love. Harris and Storm were a terrific team, were fighting champions, and helped bring TNA to the main stage AND keep tag team wrestling established after WWE placed it on the back burner.

But not only did E&C have some epic matches in the 00's, but the team split into two world champions. What team can say that? Neidhart didn't do shit as a singles wrestler while Bret was on top of the world, and Marty Janetty has actually become a verb meaning "to be the least successful member of a top team." I think it's Swahili.

Edge became the "IT" heel in WWE and Christian was a tremendous NWA World Champion in TNA. You have to look at that team's sustainability for the entire decade - even individually - and give them the nod here.

The Dudleys, Edge and Christian, and a few others I see more as 90s tag teams. WWE's tag team titles became meaningless this decade and are just now being brought back to glory, therefore i dont feel I can pick a WWE Tag Team therefore I have to go with Americas Most Wanted, Cowboy James Storm and Wildcat Chris Harris were a phenominal tag team and really knew how to work together, when they broke up Chris Harris became greatly irrelevant but Storm has gone on to be part of my favorite tag team of today in Beer Money.

I really, REALLY wanted to vote for AMW and give TNA some love. Harris and Storm were a terrific team, were fighting champions, and helped bring TNA to the main stage AND keep tag team wrestling established after WWE placed it on the back burner.

But not only did E&C have some epic matches in the 00's, but the team split into two world champions. What team can say that? Neidhart didn't do shit as a singles wrestler while Bret was on top of the world, and Marty Janetty has actually become a verb meaning "to be the least successful member of a top team." I think it's Swahili.

Edge became the "IT" heel in WWE and Christian was a tremendous NWA World Champion in TNA. You have to look at that team's sustainability for the entire decade - even individually - and give them the nod here.

I thought we were voting on the "tag team" of the decade are we not. I don't think Edge and Christian's single careers should have no bearing because we are specifically voting on them as a team. As a team, they were only together for a year and a half so I can't vote over them over a team like AMW who were the top heels in TNA for a long time and are the best tag team in TNA's history.

I know we can vote however we want but I don't think singles careers should come into play.

We are talking of the decade and we don't have the outsiders why? They were one of the most dominent tag teams in wcw and wrestling period followed by the steiner brothers and harlem heat all of which should be in the tag catagory.

We are talking of the decade and we don't have the outsiders why? They were one of the most dominent tag teams in wcw and wrestling period followed by the steiner brothers and harlem heat all of which should be in the tag catagory.

um... because really The Outsiders were not in this Decade, the outsiders were in the 90s I guess u could argue that they were together in WWE but that was a very lackluster run and they did nothing of importance

I voted for Edge and Christian because they were so fucking entertaining. I was a Hardy mark through and through (still am) but I can't deny the huge following E&C obtained and the legacy they stamped on wrestling. They would perhaps be the greatest tag team in history, they were pretty fucking great. Promos, ring work and chemistry where all high in their books and I just couldn't vote for anyone else.

Honorable mentions to the Hardy's, Dudley's, Miz and Morrison and who I think were pretty good the Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

Reactions: TLC
I guess this is mostly just a popularity contest, E&C were great and all but they broke up in what, 2001? How could be Tag Team of the Decade? They are far more known and will be remembered for their singles careers, not as the tag team E&C.

The Dudleyz are definitely the most decorated Tag Team ever, and they have remained fairly relevant for the majority of the decade.

The Hardyz are arguably the most popular tag team of the decade, but they have had numerous fall outs, attempts at singles careers, and hiatuses. It seems like in their later years they would reunite for a few months to win the tag titles and then break up for a while after they lost them. I'm giving this one to the Dudleys.

I'm going with my heart on this one. So I'm going with the Hardyz. While they may not have one a match at Mania. Out of the big three in WWE they stayed together the longest. I love Edge and Christian to death, but they spilt early, and didn't get back together. While the Hardyz did split. They came back together later in the decade and had another reign. They still have tag off and on for the last several years. So I have to go with them....

(Part of me just wanted to vote for Edge by himself considering how many Tag Titles he has held...)

First off, honorable mention to The Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, LAX, America's Most Wanted, Triple X, Beer Money & the Briscoes, but the hands down winner are The Dudley Boys/Team 3D. Pure Tag Team dominance, winning titles in the real ECW, WWE, fake WCW, NWA, TNA, IWGP and probably more. Most of the others can only claim good runs in one company, not every company like the Dudleys.

I'm not sure who you consider the "big 3" but the Dudleys are still together whereas the Hardys are not

I was referring to the fact that out of the three big teams in WWE they stayed together in the company the longest. The Dudleys left the company, where they both stayed and have tagged together after their spilt and won the belts. I believe it was in 06. While the Dudleys did stay together they didn't win the titles. The Hardyz did.

Reactions: TLC
Had to go with E&C for this one. Good in the ring? Hell yeah. Especially those hardcore matches that get the fans all excited in their pants. Good on the mic? Indeed. The pose and all that other shit is good stuff indeed. Plus, they both went on to become great singles stars as well, which is pretty cool. And their competition isn't that great.

My choice are The Dudleys/Team 3-D. They were winning titles at the beginning of the decade, in the middle and are still doing at the end. They were a force through the whole run of the ten years and they did more to keep tag team wrestling (my favorite type since the halcyon days of NWA of the 80's and the Crockett Cup) relevant than any team listed above.

I loved E&C, I loved the Hardyz- and the Briscoes got a nomination? I love that, too- but there really is only one right chose here: The Dudley Boys. They simply own tag team wrestling in whatever company they work in. Hell, in whatever country they work in. They've captured obscene amounts of gold in companies that span the globe. Maybe I'm uninformed, but I don't know of any other tag team that can claim the same list accomplishments.

Yeah, I was hesitant to vote E&C because they broke up so early in the decade, but really no-one else comes close, and I am a massive mark for the Hardyz. Edge and Christian had the lot; great matches, great on the mic, loads of heat and just great heel champions that you always wanted to see get their comeuppance. I don't spent a lot of time in the contemporary parts of these forums but I imagine that people clamour for them to get back together about three times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back