The Undertaker v. Brock Lesnar
ECW Returns
Ric Flair retires
AJ vs Joe vs Daniels 2005
CM Punk v. Hardy
Christain Coalition against Angle
Edge v. Matt Hardy

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Sorry mates, but you all picked a lot of shit. Some of these angles really didn't even end. Maybe it was just a shit decade or something. Anyways I think I picked the Edge v. Matt Hardy, as I got it on here and all. The storyline made people question keyfabe, made people wonder if Matt Hardy was actually breaking into buildings and attacking Edge. No one knew for certain. And the heat was legitimate, Edge actually nailed the fuck out of Lita. Real life and keyfabe.

I'm going with my gut, and sticking with Y2J and HBK for this award. Jericho played a great heel, and HBK was at the best he had been in years, and they had a great series of matches.

I was tempted to vote for Joe/AJ/Daniels, but the storyline behind it was pretty basic...

simple.. evolution - because its like my favourite faction of all time, and because it elevated two great guys of today's WWE.. it made ric flair seem like he had a true purpose in WWE like triple H said he was just sitting around doing nothing.. and it made triple H seem even more dominant than before.. simply the SOTD..

I picked Evolution for this award. To me, they were essentially a modern Four Horsemen. And just how the Four Horsemen had many different members over the years, Evolution could have essentially done the same and continued to groom stars long after Randy Orton and Batista.

Sure you can say that Triple H's reign was shit at the time due to the lack of a "proper challenger " but it was still great. Evolution helped to build Randy Orton into the star he is today. Sure he is currently not favored by many of the IWC , but nonetheless he is a top heel in the WWE, and without Evolution grooming him into the main event he might not be where he is today.

Now onto Batista, who , when he turned on Triple H, everyone was kind of surprised. I remember when Evolution was playing out, I thought Batista would be the one to never leave Triple H, he seemed determined to always help Triple H and nothing more, which is why it was so great when he won the Rumble and chose to face Triple H. I remember the first time I saw Batista, back when he was a lowly midcarder as Deacon Batista with Reverend DVon, what a change he underwent to become " The Animal " Batista. Anyway, just as Randy Orton, Batista would not be where he is without Triple H. That feud with Triple H, where they had the three rematches, is one of my favorites in recent years.

Evolution also made me a fan of the Nature Boy, and that is why I choose Evolution. It was also one of the last stables in the WWE that actually worked out quite well.

It was a tough pick between Evolution or Michaels VS Jericho. I ended up picking Michaels VS Jericho because it was such a fantastic feud. You had two of the very best in every category. Two of the best in the ring putting on great matches, amazing promos, and unlike most long feuds it stayed interesting for MONTHS! This is the storyline of the decade because it will be a really long time before we see a storyline this great again, it was truly memorable and awesome!

Ric Flair's retirement. I'm not a Flair fan at all, but WWE gave him the perfect sendoff. Obviously he's made the whole thing worthless now, but even as somebody who's not intrested in him as a performer, I could still appreciate how good a job WWE did with the whole angle. By whole angle I mean the HOF induction, Mania match and Raw show. Ignore what happened before those three shows, it was typical WWE/wrestling rubbish.

Matt Vs Edge was great. when matt ran in from offscreen and started beating the shit out of Edge it shocked the wrestling world, nobody knew that matt hardy was back with WWE yet, and it acctually was believeable, it had ppl questioning whether it was real or a work, Im sure most ppl believed it was a work as did I, but it was well put together and wasnt the cookie cutter programming we got used to in this decade

Shawn Michael's return. I didn't read news sites back in 02 so HBK returning as part of the nWo just blew my freaking mind, and to this date nothing has surpassed that moment for me.

Not to mention it produced the feud with Triple H which was a classic rivalry in my mind. It may have lasted well into 2004 but they still put on some great matches. Their initial Summerslam encounter was fantastic, and I loved the story leading up to the Elmination Chamber match, with Shawn eventually winning the title. Their Armageddon match may not have been too great but the WMXX 3 way dance was MOTY in my opinion. And not to forget my favorite match of theirs, the title match on the last Raw of 2003.

And of course after his triumphant return, HBK has become possibly the greatest performer of this decade as well.

I hate choosing "Other" but I had to here, because ROH vs. CZW was EASILY the Storyline of the Decade for me, personally.

Now, being from the South, I couldn't attend ROH shows, and back then... there was no way to watch a show until months after when the DVD got released. But even with that being the case, no feud this decade drew my interest more than ROH vs. CZW. Seriously, after every show, the first thing I did when I would get on the computer was read the results and the reviews from the show. Every time there was a new video on Youtube by ROH, I watched it immediately. When the DVDs were released, I bought them right away. I invested a lot into ROH at this point in time, and it was all because of the ROH vs. CZW feud.

The promos with Cornette, the fans interaction, and especially Homicide's involvement in the entire thing as "ROH's Savoir"... it all made the feud so special and so much fun. And you got so many great matches out of it, with the blow off match at Death Before Dishonor IV being tremendously off the charts. You don't see many feuds end with really great matches, but this one did with the Cage Rage at Death Before Dishonor, and it's just another big reason why ROH vs. CZW is my choice here.

Reactions: X
For me this was an easy one. HBK returning was one of the biggest moments this decade. When he came back I remember jumping up and down because I remember watching him when I was younger. Not only was it great to see him back, but when he challenged Triple h to a match at summerslam I lost it. It really was remarkable to see him come back from a career ending injury and then have a great match at summerslam, and then go on and win the belt at survivor series was just awesome! It truly was the best feel good story of the decade, and in my mind the best storyline of the decade.

I'm going to have to go for the Shawn Micheals Vs Chris Jericho's storyline. It was a great fued and had so many great , storyline wise moments (Shawn Micheals wife getting punched, the awesome ladder match, shawn micheals becoming the ref betweeen batista and jericho match at Cyber Sunday, the great last man standing match on raw just to name a few). This fued had the match of 2008 in it and really made feel for Shawn Micheals and made Jericho the most hated guy in the WWE.

HBK v. Jericho was great, both times around. Especially the most recent one. You have HBK almsot losing an eye and Jericho punching a women in the face. Two great things right there. Plus, the ladder match that ended it was pretty good, even if it wasn't the greatest ever.

Flair is the easy #2 for me though. Wasn't overly complicated, but it got the job done.

Invasion shouldn't be winning this either. It had potential, but just wasn't excecuted well at all.

In theory the Invasion storyline was monumental. At least it should have been. Unfortunately, this particular storyline did not play out anywhere close to it's potential. Then I read jmt's choice for ROH vs. CZW and almost cast a vote for this because it did kick a tremendous amount ass.

But I kept coming back to Edge v. Matt Hardy- and let's not forget Lita. It has to be the storyline of the decade. The WWE took real life drama and turned it into really good "fictional" drama. What better way to evoke emotion from the crowd and more specifically, from the performers.

I went with Matt Hardy vs Edge. I thought that it was an exceptional storyline bringing in drama from real life and putting it into a great fued. It just entertained me every single second off it and produced some really great matches. It made Matt Hardy reliable once again and actually looked like he could be a main eventer. He made not of continued with it but he was phenomenal at the time and made Edge look like a true ass hole. Such a great storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back