Vickie Guerrero
Lillian Garcia
Torrie Wilson
Mickie James
Torrie Wilson
Gail Kim
Melina

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

My early vote is for Trish Stratus, and I really doubt I will change it. She dominated the first 3/4s of a decade in the WWE, and she represents at least three of the biggest matches of the decade, on Raw against Lita, at Wrestlemania against Mickie, and in her retirement match.

She is probably the best female wrestler of all time let alone the decade, and her departure from the WWE has left a big impact.

It has to be Trish. Her and Lita revived any interest the mainstream fans may have had in women's wrestling, and put on some damn fine matches. Trish left, and the entire division collapsed in the WWE. She could make a guest host appearance, and it would draw better than anything any woman can do on TV in a wrestling company.

Trish is a legend as far as divas are concerned. She is the greatest diva ever. She was involved with every single one of the most entertaining matches and feuds this decade. All of them. Even though she's been gone for 3 years, I could tell when guest hosted Raw that she is still far better than any woman on the roster. There is no reason why anyone else should win this poll because Trish is the best.

Trish, she made the gigantic leap from poor performer to average performer. It's really is a big leap for a female wrestler in WWE. Like Lita, she managed to become ridiculously over for no apparent reason. You could say Lita became popular by association (Essa Rios FTW) and because she could perform a Frankensteiner. But for Trish it was probably down to her boobs and not much else. She had a couple of good matches, like Lita, nothing spectacular, but people seemed to love her. The only female who'd have a return worth hyping.

Great work as a heel in 2004-2005 though. She can thank Christian & Jericho.

Sure this category will probably go to Trish Stratus because that the woman that THe WWE was pushing at the time. She pretty much the creation of the WWE because the took somebody who did have a wrestling background and never wrestle a day in her life and turn her into one of the greatest woman wrestler in WWE history. But with that said, i've got to vote for Lita for the simple fact that there wouldn'T be a Trish Stratus if it wasn'T for Lita. The fact is that her feud with Trish was one of the best diva feud ever done in the WWE but at the beginning of the feud Lita pretty much help Trish go through her matches without injuring herself. Also Lita was pretty much the only one doing high flying maneuvers at the time and saying a lot from a diva's standpoint.

Stephanie McMahon should take this easily. Trish is as overrated as they come in my opinion. To me she was only as good as whoever came along. Victoria and Jazz were better in the ring then she was but they weren't what Vince was looking for so Trish was pushed better over them. Mickie James came along and gave Trish the best match she ever had in her last year. How many memorable Trish matches can you name? She did turn heel with Christian in 2004 but it was all about Trish rather than Christian. Christian was midcard before, during, and after Trish.

In the early 2000's, McMahon was the top heel. HHH couldn't get that heat by himself but when he had Stephanie with him, he was booed like no other kind of like Edge with Vickie Guerrero. She was a decent GM for Smackdown a couple of years and had a good match with her father at No Mercy 2003. She was also in the McMahon/HBK storyline for a while and I loved the work she did last year with the Orton/HHH feud. She did more for me than Trish ever did and that is why she gets my vote.

Stephanie McMahon should take this easily. Trish is as overrated as they come in my opinion. To me she was only as good as whoever came along. Victoria and Jazz were better in the ring then she was but they weren't what Vince was looking for so Trish was pushed better over them. Mickie James came along and gave Trish the best match she ever had in her last year. How many memorable Trish matches can you name? She did turn heel with Christian in 2004 but it was all about Trish rather than Christian. Christian was midcard before, during, and after Trish.

In the early 2000's, McMahon was the top heel. HHH couldn't get that heat by himself but when he had Stephanie with him, he was booed like no other kind of like Edge with Vickie Guerrero. She was a decent GM for Smackdown a couple of years and had a good match with her father at No Mercy 2003. She was also in the McMahon/HBK storyline for a while and I loved the work she did last year with the Orton/HHH feud. She did more for me than Trish ever did and that is why she gets my vote.

...Stephanie McMahon? Are you shitting me?

A) Triple H couldn't get over without Steph? Yeah, clearly you just do not know what you're talking about right now. Go pick any random Raw from the summer of 1999 and pop it in and see the insane heat that Hunter was getting when he was still with Chyna. The man continued to get INSANE heat well into the fall, and by the time Armageddon 1999 rolled around and Steph joined him, he was already WELL established as the top heel in the company if not the entire business at that point. Your suggestion that he couldn't get heat without Stephanie is absolutely ridiculous.

B) Did you just say Steph had a good match with her father? What the fuck? I don't understand you at all Jerry. Steph deserves to be woman of the decade because she wrestled in a TERRIBLE match with her father, but HBK sucks and hasn't had a good match in years? Do you watch wrestling to see poorly performed and botched moves or something?

Seriously...Stephanie McMahon? Female of the decade? For what, her masterful dick-sucking skills she uses on Hunter? Yeah, Steph for ********er of the decade!

Of this list, I suppose my vote will go to Trish. She was the most over of anyone on that list and is probably the most memorable female the WWE had since Chyna's singles push and even longer before that probably since the days of Moolah. She did actually train to wrestle and improve as well, so she'll get my vote here.

It is by far Trish Stratus. She had a great feud with Lita and both of them put on great matches. She also had an interesting, but good feud with Mickie James in which both of them had a great match in. Those aren’t the only good feuds she was in. She was also involved in the Jericho vs. Christian feud and a few others.

She started out with very little wrestling skills and is the decade went by she started improving. Now, she’s considered one of if not the best diva the WWE has ever had. And some would even go as far as to say she is one of the best woman wrestlers ever. I’m going to stick with the former since I’m not too familiar with women’s wrestling before the late 90’s.

Lita comes as a close second, but without a shadow of a doubt, she’s the woman of the decade for me.

...Stephanie McMahon? Are you shitting me?

A) Triple H couldn't get over without Steph? Yeah, clearly you just do not know what you're talking about right now. Go pick any random Raw from the summer of 1999 and pop it in and see the insane heat that Hunter was getting when he was still with Chyna. The man continued to get INSANE heat well into the fall, and by the time Armageddon 1999 rolled around and Steph joined him, he was already WELL established as the top heel in the company if not the entire business at that point. Your suggestion that he couldn't get heat without Stephanie is absolutely ridiculous.

B) Did you just say Steph had a good match with her father? What the fuck? I don't understand you at all Jerry. Steph deserves to be woman of the decade because she wrestled in a TERRIBLE match with her father, but HBK sucks and hasn't had a good match in years? Do you watch wrestling to see poorly performed and botched moves or something?

Seriously...Stephanie McMahon? Female of the decade? For what, her masterful dick-sucking skills she uses on Hunter? Yeah, Steph for ********er of the decade!

Of this list, I suppose my vote will go to Trish. She was the most over of anyone on that list and is probably the most memorable female the WWE had since Chyna's singles push and even longer before that probably since the days of Moolah. She did actually train to wrestle and improve as well, so she'll get my vote here.

Of course I watched HHH in 1999 but this has to do with 2000-2009 and in 2000 Stephanie was getting just as much as heat as HHH, if not more. If HHH was all by himself in 2000, do you think he would have gotten the same heat as the previous year. It was the McMahon-Helmsley regime back then so Stephanie had something to do with it.

One match does not make her woman of the year and I never stated that. At least she has had some memorable matches. How many great matches has Trish had? Mickie James in 2006. I can't remember any great matches before that. She was only good for the last two or three years of her career and that's when the decade was half over. She didn't get Christian any more over when she was with him as opposed to not with him. Christian was still having the same midcard matches and did she really make the women's division any better? Who did she make better?

Of course I watched HHH in 1999 but this has to do with 2000-2009 and in 2000 Stephanie was getting just as much as heat as HHH, if not more. If HHH was all by himself in 2000, do you think he would have gotten the same heat as the previous year. It was the McMahon-Helmsley regime back then so Stephanie had something to do with it.

Yeah she was the annoying bitch, the role played by a thousand women before her. Stephanie had about ZERO to do with HHH being top heel in 2000, it had alot more to do with the fact that he massacred Mick Foley, one of the top faces, and then feuded with Rocky, the number one face. Stephanie had nothing to do with his heat, that was all Triple H. Years later during his Evolution run when Stephanie wasn't with him, he was still the top heel in the company and was still getting over without Steph. Steph had nothing to do with Triple H's heat, and even if she did, how does that make her the woman of the decade?

And if Steph is such a heat-grabber like you say, why is it that she immediately killed just about all heat that Jericho had when she became his manager for his feud with Triple H in 2002?

One match does not make her woman of the year and I never stated that. At least she has had some memorable matches.

No. No she has not. Name me a single match involving Stephanie McMahon that wasn't absolutely abysmal. Seriously, I'd like to see a single Steph match that would crack even a D+. She's atrocious in the ring and has never been involved in anything close to a good match.

How many great matches has Trish had? Mickie James in 2006. I can't remember any great matches before that.

Luckily that's still a whopping one more great match she had than Steph ever did. Go on, find me a single Steph match that isn't a total piece of shit. You can't, because they don't exist.

She was only good for the last two or three years of her career and that's when the decade was half over. She didn't get Christian any more over when she was with him as opposed to not with him. Christian was still having the same midcard matches and did she really make the women's division any better? Who did she make better?

The fuck does it matter if she didn't get Christian heat? How about we talk about these women for their OWN merits and not how they made other men look? Trish was over from day one in the WWE, she was over as the heel manager of T&A, and she became the top female face a few years later easily. In a division as pathetic as the WWE's womans division, she almost made it respectable.

I'm just left shaking my head here man. Stephanie McMahon? Seriously, what has she done this decade apart from suck Triple H's dick?

I had to go for a wild card on this one and vote for Melina. I know it probably won't be a popular choice but I was split between her and Mickie James. The deciding factor, time in the company, and origin in the company.

Now, I have been a fan of Mickie James from the start. I read about her when she first showed up and learned that she had been a solid wrestler on the indy circuit, and really worked her ass off to get into the big time, and also that she was a very skilled female wrestler which I think shows all the time anyways. So I had respect for her from the start. But, in this case, Melina has the time on her, and I think she has more on the rest of the choices as well.

So, why Melina? Because Trish is the obvious winner due to nostalgia and the fact that she was the only really hot Diva to come along since Sable. So everyone went crazy over her and it didn't matter what she did in the ring , she had a nice ass, nice rack, the whole system, and that is who everyone became used to for so long, they still have not deprogrammed from her Stratusfaction, and those who came after seemingly didn't matter to most.

My whole problem with this is that she wasn't exactly a great wrestler, and she hasn't been around for a few years now. She may have been the "It" girl from 2000-2006 but she stepped down, eliminating her from my ballot. I'm not going to vote for someone who isn't wrestling anymore for female wrestler of the decade. If they were the female wrestler of the decade, that would indicate to me that the person should still be wrestling. Besides that point, since she has been gone Melina has been the main girl beside Mickie James in the company.

See, Mickie James was a replacement for Trish Stratus basically. But Melina is original, she's not a new version of someone else, she is an original talent and character. Oh by the way, did I mention she's not only so hot you could boil an egg on her ass, but the girl can wrestle, and I mean goooood. I think she is the best in the ring of all the women past and present with maybe the exception of once again, Mickie James.

Take a look at Melina's career though. She started like Trish as a manager of a Tag Team and helped that tag team be successful. Then she went on to manage John Morrison in singles, and helped him be successful. Then soon after that when she ventured off into full time singles competition for herself, has been probably the most successful Divas since Trish Stratus.

To further aid my argument I must add that Melina is going to continue to be around for a while too. Did I mention either that she did feud with Trish Stratus before she left as well. She has been around since 2004. What about the "Primal Scream"? She has been a consistently solid performer and really taken the helm since the departure of the beloved Trish Stratus.

I know everyone loves Trish but I think that is derived from her looks and the fact that there wasn't much of anyone else to like except Lita during her time.

Lita does not get my vote, as someone mentioned she just got famous by association for the most part, and I didn't like the direction she took her role towards the end with Edge either.

I think Melina is a pretty solid candidate, and her only real competition is Mickie James.

I went against the crowd on this one, it was a toss up for me between Trish Stratus and Awesome Kong.

Trish was one of the last of the truely great WWE Divas, she could wrestle she had good mic skills and she had the ability to get the crowd behind her or against her.

Awesome Kong to me is the Anti-Diva. She broke the mold of the pretty women wrestlers. lets face it, Awesome Kong is not attractive, but she is a talented individual who is a believeable monster she was rejected by WWE and they told her there was no way that she could ever make it because of her size, she has over come many obsticals and was one of the best Knockout Champions to date

You have to go Trish here. For a period of time, people actually cared about women's wrestling in the WWE, and it was due to her and Lita, with Trish being slightly better/more popular. Couple that with her crazy feud with Mickie James and her Canadianess, and it's a slam dunk, she's one of the best women's wrestler ever, let alone this decade. Plus, she's hot. Want to see her in spandex? The main page has something for you.

It has to come down to Lita or Trish. These 2 women completely reinvented women's wrestling in the WWE and the effects of their absence are still seen to this day. Both had beauty and talent, and they both were able to successfully play the role of a face or a heel.

While it looks as though Trish is going to win this poll, I voted for Lita. I always loved the character, as Lita is my all time favorite women's wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back