SVR 12 now called WWE 12

After reading the article on the game, I'm split. Some of it sounds good, like the fact that you can once again store finishers, but some, like SuperCena Mode, and things like that are going to be badly exploited and gives the idea of cheating already. I am one who enjoy the analog controls so them dumbing it down will suck to me, and the fact that there will no longer have strong or weak grapples is another bad move in my opinion. Also, the ability to stop finishers and things is a good idea on the surface, but I can see that being a problem in any story mode that requires you to win matches like MITB or triple threat cage matches and things.

I can't judge too much about the game yet, and i'm getting it no matter what, but the name is the last thing people should worry about.

WWE '12 is hopefully going to live up to the hype. I saw the first screenshots, and the graphics look a bit more detailed than last years. Smackdown vs. Raw will never be forgotten, but the Brand Wars are over. They've been over since 2008. You often see one superstar from Raw show up on Smackdown and vice versa. I think the name change is a good step forward and it will attract better attention to everyone, including non-wrestling (oops) fans.

Go check out the Q&A with Cory Ledesma. RTWM and Universe are being totally revamped. I am hoping for a little GM Mode spice into Universe, as well as an original Smackdown Season Mode touch into the RTWM.

Don't complain and critisize on this little announcement. This is just one of many, many, many revealings on WWE '12. I'm sure this game will be BIGGER. BADDER. And BETTER. Then SvR2011.

The name is stupid and bland but the new features intrigue me. I'm holding my breath though because I have been let down with every game since SVR 07.

this willl be the first rvs game i wil be buying and i sure hope its basically the same controls as the others becauser i dominate haha

I could give a motherfuck if they call it flying cheesburger bump helmet cupcake 2027 ....how about make it not shit this year?

They can change the grapples and strikes, but they better not change the physics for the Ladder/TLC/HiaC/ etc...as they finally got it right last year. It could be adjusted, but it was a start. They need two things though: Extreme Rules HiaC match, and crowd/backstage fighting in any match.

They need one thing and one thing only. It's the same thing they've required since the advent of the PS2. A new game engine.

The current one is shit, and more importantly, is shit that we've already bought a dozen different times. Smackdown vs Raw actually makes the FIFA and Madden franchises look worth while with their annual £50 roster updates.

I think its a good thing, time to spruse things up a bit update it.. you know? I hope it means that the game will become great again, like 06 07 and in a way 08. SvR 11 was a pretty good game but it needed improvements, if they made it like the good old games it would be good, and the new name would be like a fresh start.

were is the part were they talk about revamping Universe mode? I read the whole article and all they talked about was the in ring stuff

All stars is Awesome!

SvR is not Awesome!

WWE 12 is Awesome!

I hope Road to WM will be Awesome!

That looked

a) horrible.

b) exactly the same as last year.

The only noticeable additions shown in that video was the inclusion of some fucking annoying sound effects and an obsessive use of camera cuts to make sure gameplay doesn't get too immersive.

Don't get me wrong there is many problems with the video but the presentation looks very good.

Remember this is the very early build version of the game.

I like how they haven't fixed the presumed bug with Irish whips.

If you look at 0.44 you'll see that whipped characters still run like fucking idiots with their arms flailing all over the place. That was originally the animation for the recipient of a power whip, but in the most recent build it for some reason became the only animation. Everyone assumed it was an over site of the part of the developers. Apparently not.

That video looks weak. I can see little changes, but not that many. mainly, the taunt he did to Miz and him having the angle slam. Other than that, it didn't make me get excited about it. It actually did the opposite. They should have included some of the "new" stuff that the article was boasting about, like be able to attack Cena during his 5 knuckle suckle, I mean shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back