Survivor Series: Champion VS Champion - AJ Styles VS Brock Lesnar II

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
With Styles retaining at Crown Jewel and Brock Lesnar winning the Universal Championship again, for whatever reason, WWE has announced that they'll be meeting at this year's show just as they did for last year's Survivor Series.

Essentially, expect exactly what you got last year:

1.AJ Styles carries Brock Lesnar through his best match since his WWE return.

2. AJ Styles make Brock Lesnar look like he's actually worth his obscene salary.

3. AJ Styles loses to Brock Lesnar at an event that's devolved into basically Vince showing off how much more important Raw is to him than SmackDown and anyone on it.

There was a time when it felt rewarding to be a WWE fan, but now I am positive we're being punished. Strowman lost in what was essentially a glorified squash. Braun, who even after the quickest face/heel/face turn not seen since the 90s, had the full support of the fans, and from what sources say it wasn't even a competitive match. And now we can play another game of Paul Heyman Bingo where he hits his usual buzzwords and we all pretend this is fine.

I also can't imagine a more inconsequential fight than AJ vs Brock. What would it matter if AJ beats him? He's the WWE Champion poised to break Punk's streak. He's already the top performer to actively compete on either brand. Beating the absent stepfather isn't that rewarding, especially if it's not for the title. If Lesnar wins, why should we care? Have we not become numb to it by now?

Someone come find me when fans aren't being punished anymore.

Lesnar.jpg

I don't care what anyone thinks. Maybe after some time the taste of Crown Jewel will wear off and fans can appreciate this rematch. The first match was excellent. Lesnar sold like a champ and AJ was, well, AJ. They could just replay last year's match and it would still be enjoyable.

Throw in the fact that Lesnar is on top of his heel game right now and things are even better. Just the idea of AJ beating this version of Lesnar is so exciting. Hopefully they don't have a shitty match and I end up eating my words.

Between this and the Lynch/Rousey match there is a lot to look forward to.

When they announce that they we're going back to this format for survivor series, I try to imagine who between lesnar and strowman would be a better fit for aj styles and sadly, I couldn't see strowman being able to have a good match with styles. So I'm actually happy that lesnar won the belt because I loved the match they had together last year and was hoping to see a rematch between the 2 at some point.

So I'm looking forward to this match and let's just hope that lesnar being champion is just a short term thing just to get through this Ppv with a big champion vs champion match and that he will drop the belt after survivor series.

I'm just bored with everything about Brock Lesnar. I'm bored with the subpar matches he often puts on, I'm bored with "the Beast Incarnate", unstoppable juggernaut stuff, I'm bored with him often being absent for months at a time, I'm bored with his general laziness and lack of passion. I'm just over the guy and wish he'd go away. I don't care how much money Vince is paying him because, to me, that doesn't mean that he's worth watching because we've long since seen anything and everything that he's going to be and do in WWE. For me, putting the title back on Lesnar was the worst decision WWE could make because we're right back where we started from just a few months ago: Monday Night Raw without a viable main event title scene and a complete lack of viable challengers when the main event champion decides to grace us with his presence.

His match with Styles MIGHT be good, that's really the best we can hope for but, then again, Vince may just decide to pump Lesnar up to an even more absurd level of unstoppable over the course of time until he gets his UFC Heavyweight Championship match against Daniel Cormier and squash AJ within a 3 minute window just like he did with Strowman. In my eyes, Strowman being jumped by Corbin doesn't offer any protection for Strowman in this case as, for the foreseeable future, Strowman as a main event guy is pretty much done for and this leaves a big, gaping hole as to what they're going to do with Lesnar after Survivor Series. He's beaten everybody, far too decisively in some instances, and there's no Roman Reigns to "save us" from the Beast Incarnate.

This is a 'been there, done that' story. AJ Styles and Brock Lesnar already had a Champion vs Champion match and it was good. There is no need for another. All this match will be is another rehash of the first one with AJ Styles getting some of his signature moves in until Brock Lesnar's inevitable F-5 drops him to secure victory. Yay. Why can't they just leave it alone with that one good match? I'm also sick and tired of Brock Lesnar right now. The intrigue has long melted off and we know that Brock Lesnar is this passionless and unstoppable force that can pretty much conquer everybody in his path. It's ridiculous how far that has gotten that no top star can even convincingly beat him without taking more believable damage. It looks almost as bad or probably as bad as Austin Aries no-selling (intentional or unintentional). It only makes Brock Lesnar legit and everyone else on the roster fake as hell. Brock Lesnar is gonna restart his reign and go for another 500+ days. There's no competition, unless they bring in an authentic psychopath Brock Lesnar version 2. I wish people would vocally express their displeasure at an astounding degree and force a title change. Hell, I hope Bullshit Lesnar gets pummeled at his next UFC fight in order to drop him down to fake WWE wrestler level again...if that's even possible at this point.

Now that this match as been change to Daniel Bryan vs Brock lesnar. I have to say, my expectations for this match are at a all time low. My biggest fear about the new match is that Lesnar won't want to do a lot with Bryan since he's rumored to be preparing himself for a fight in the UFC around the end of march next year. So that would mean, that they would probably try to find a creative way to just Squash Bryan the way they did with Strowman at crown jewel, which i fell, unless it's something that make sense with is current feud with AJ, would kill all his momentum with this whole heel persona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back