WWE TLC - WWE Championship: Bryan versus Styles

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As announced on SmackDown Live tonight, Daniel Bryan will defend the WWE Championship in four weeks in a rematch against AJ Styles.

Bryan defeated Styles for the title on last week’s SmackDown after turning heel and delivering a low blow to win the title. After a valiant effort against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series, Bryan addressed the audience that his dreams would be the nightmares of anyone who stand in his way of being champion and it will start with Styles at TLC.

Read more at AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan, WWE Championship Rematch Set For TLC

Nice. I haven’t seen the buildup, but I always wanted to see Bryan vs Styles in a high profile match for the championship. It came a little sooner than expected, and under different circumstances than expected, but I’ll always welcome it. These guys could easily put on a classic it should headline. I don’t see Styles winning back the belt so soon, unless they plan on getting back on Bryan after.

They've put on some great matches already and this one has the potential to be even better, especially as there's going to be a real storyline and build for this that doesn't include all the "mutual respect" and admiration stuff. There's only so much you can do with babyface vs. babyface and Bryan's new direction, thus far, is intriguing. That leering smile he's got, coupled with the right facial expressions, along with the beard and shaggy hair puts me in mind of Charles Manson, it makes him look downright creepy.

In my opinion, this is the match that should have the TLC stipulation instead of Strowman vs. Corbin, as it could be a good excuse to end this feud early, for now, and maybe start it back up during WrestleMania season. I don't see Bryan dropping the title so soon, though who can tell with Vince these days. I don't know if Vince is just a fan of spontaneous heel/face turns or if he just changes his mind at the drop of a hat, but he could easily just decide to put the title back on Styles and just obliterate the heat Bryan currently has along with whatever he might pick up within the next several weeks.

If this is the first time AJ main event a show, it would be a really bad thing for his run...
I’m looking forward to this, and to have some “extra” stipulation, as they need an extra to make DB more of a heel champ and rest AJ for a few weeks.
Looking forward to this match, MOTY candidate if it is given proper time and space, but I doubt it a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back