• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series: Batista vs. Undertaker

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

World Heavyweight Championship Hell in the Cell Match
(c) Batista vs Undertaker

As much as I think this should & likely will be the highlight of their feud & the ending to it. I'm just as highly curious if by J.B.L's ending actions on Smackdown, if but himself.. & possibly along with Mark Henry & The Great Khali may or may not be added to this match.. making it a 5 man HIAC match.

Personally, the outcome of Batista v. Undertaker doesn't have a great look. I mean, Batista retains for what? Only to lose it to Edge, who in turn looks to only drop it to Taker at Mania?

And Taker wins the Championship to do what, exactly? Reign over Smackdown beating guys like Mark Henry, The Great Khali, possibly Kane & Finlay.. all on the way to fighting Edge at Mania? I'd rather see neither man walk away with the title, & have someone like J.B.L. or Edge swerve in & take it.

Overall.. this match as a one-on-one match, HIAC, should be great, because both men put on good matches. (although their Cyber Sunday match was the worst of their series) I think inside the Cell, both men will benefit & make Survivor Series a nice buy.. but it'd be better if more were added to it. Ultimately, I'm tired of Batista & Taker being the two main guys feuding on Smackdown.. & added to that, I'm completely sick of Batista being involved in the World Heavyweight Championship matches to begin with.

There's a few things I've been thinking about in terms of this match...

First off, I really hope that the Undertaker wins the title. I'm sick of Batista and he definitely doesn't deserve it over Taker or Edge.

Secondly, I don't want the Undertaker to lose his streak at Wrestlemania, even to Edge (who I'm a huge fan of as well, both in my top five favorites along with HBK, Kennedy, and HHH, not in that particular order). They both deserve long reigns, though. I'd like to see a long Undertaker/Edge feud, maybe with the title switching back and forth for a year's period (naturally not 30 times or anything unreasonable though lol).

I'd like to see it, but I don't think I will, if a lot of people got involved in this match. Maybe about halfway into the match, have JBL, Henry, and Khali interfere, but Batista and Undertaker take them all out of the way and keep the fight going. After Undertaker wins the belt, Edge comes out to mark his intentions by attacking him and stealing the belt, running off with it. You're immediately in a storyline right there, as you can hold the premise where Undertaker's the rightful champ and feels he was cheated out of the belt by Edge in the first place, while Edge feels that he never LOST the belt and shouldn't have been forced to give it up. Best of both worlds, lol.

Is the match going to be good? Probably the best out of their series. Who will win? Hopefully the Undertaker. Should Batista get a rematch? Please, no, he's been in every main event for far too long and we need a break from Dave.

They've been wanting to make a HIAC for months. It was supposed to happen between Taker & Batista at Judgment Day, and Orton & Cena at Cyber Sunday. I'm glad there's been at least a year between this and the last HIAC. They were getting old. Personally I don't see the point in using the Cell if there not going to go outside and on top of the structure. Otherwise just have a cage match.

Could be good, could be awful. Batista's Cell match would be the sole match on his best of DVD. And other than the ones with HBK & Lesnar, Takers have been pretty average. It'll be intresting though. Batista hasn't been injured for 18 months so that's something to look forward to.

Well i have to be honest I did not see that coming infact a HIAC match never actually crossed my mind, so the question is still on my mind was this a good move by WWE personally I dont know but it sure as hell was unexpected.

As for what could happen in the match itself.... not much its just going to be normal HIAC match, hell it might as well be a singles match with a cell around the ring, what i'd like to see and i'm sure everyone else would to is Batista and Undertaker taking it to the top of the cell because we havnt seen that since Triple H Mick Foley way back when....

and the outcome of the match should end up with Batista motionless in the ring with Undertaker standing above him holding up what is rightfully his the World Heavyweight Title. Because frakly batista is nothing but a joke who can't work a gimmik.

Like Jake said, this match has been built up for 6 months now. The WWE wanted this match at Judgment Day, then they wanted to use the Cell for Cena/Orton. Now we are getting it.

IMO, keep Khali, Henry, or JBL as far as this match as possible. I want a straight one on one match between these two with no screw job finishes. This feud hasn't had run ins, so why start now. This is why I didn't complain after Cyber Sunday with Big Dave getting the clean win, this series between these two has both winning one clean match, and two draws, this seems like the best next step.

Hopefully the Deadman wins this title. Undertaker needs a nice long title reign, and I think the match with Edge at Wrestlemania is starting to look more and more likely. I just hope Edge doesn't come in and screw taker at the end, thus leaving us with another long Craptista title reign.

I can't see Edge getting involved. He doesn't have the MITB title shot, so he has nothing to gain. He's a cowardly heel and they keep away from Taker. If anything I see Taker losing the title match and just going after Edge on Smackdown. I see Edge/Taker at Mania. I dont think WWE will hold off for nearly 6 months. Like you said Shocky I think it'll be Umaga against Taker at Mania.

I guess another question mark, I really thought that the Cell would be held off to Armageddon to boost buyrates for that pay per view. Shouldn't Survivor Series, or any of the big four for that matter, not need gimmick matches like this? I think the WWE is wasting the buying power of the Cell on a pay per view people are already going to buy based on its name value.

I agree. I say the same about Mania. It should sell anyway without all the hardcore, Ladder matches etc. If they don't do well then there's something wrong with there promoting.

WWE are going to have to do something big to build up Armageddon. Most feuds will end at Survivor Series so they'll need a pretty big hook to get people to buy. They'll probably just bring out a Ladder match again.

does anyone here think that jericho would run in the hiac match and then edge cum out but jericho batters him lol just an idea

To be honest....

I wouldn't be surprised to see a fairly memorable bump in this match. WWE, especially in the Smackdown brand, needs SOMETHING. It needs something to get people watching again. And if UT just turned into a ball of rage and threw Batista off the side or something, it would get some butts in the recliner for Smackdown.

But you know they won't risk UT in his age, and I doubt that they would put Batista in a situation to be hurt. So, maybe this match will just suck.

Well what haven't they done yet in either a normal cage match or in the HIAC?

Are we gonna have Undertaker rip off the door and use it to beat Batista to a bloody pulp? Lol. Chokeslam off the top of the cage onto something? I can't think of anything that they could do that wouldn't be too dangerous but would still be able to match or top Foley's HIAC, but I'd LOVE to see something awesome happen.

Some quick thoughts, just got my computer fixed so i just started getting on wrestlezone again. first off none of my comments are against anyone i respect all opinions but to the comment about the edge angle, i agree with the message about edge not deserving a title shot, the whole reason i took time off watching wwe for the first time in my life was when edge and christian got a massive, totally uneeded push. i think taker is one of the greatest wrestlers and has the rare quality of combining things to get the old school fans and the new age fans to enjoy his angles, i think he has been used in some questionable angles and i wish i could erase the ABA angle from my memory totally, lol however whether it be Surv. ser or not he deserves a long reign as champ ending in a final win at mania and a vacated title so a true legend can go out in the style he deserves. To the comment about takers HIAC matches being average i disagree, only around the time of the ministry where just as some of you said they were over using the cell matches, i watched him throw foley off the cage and threw at my hometown of pittsburgh at king of the ring and it was the most memorable cell match ever my opinion. i also want to know peoples thoughts on if an angle is starting out of the tag match on smackdown and the house show sceduled with a batista taker alliance, maybe they are looking to do an angle with those two agaisnt a larger number of stars. Either way hopefully jericho shows soon and we get some more big names so all the angles arent involving a steroid pumped babboon like batista and some real microphone talent like jericho and the rock and austin, thats what wwe needs

lets just hope its a clean win to taker either way and if not, and batista somehow retains, let him break his leg walking back from the match coz imo he is crap on the mic and im sick of seing the same 5 moves every smackdown mainevent

Finally we will have a Hell in a Cell again. Undertaker can work a HIAC well enough to cover up for Batista. This match could be well done, but then again Batsita is in it. This will be Batista's 12th SmackDown! main event this year. Don't expect too much from this match as WWE will be too scared to pull of anything too big. This could be one of the better SD! main events, let's just hope.

I can see batista retaining here with a little bit of help from Edge. I can see Edge screwing Taker, setting up for Edge to go for the nmber one contendership and then eventually winning the belt at Royal Rumble perhaps? From there I see somebody from Raw winning the rumble so I'm looking to see Taker win the title at Mania vs Edge, but for the two to continue feuding after that. For this match though. I'm praying that WWE finally gets the ball rolling when it comes to the HIAC matches again. When was the last time that we've seen anyone scale the cell? Hopefully with Taker in the match WWE will feel a little bit mre confortable with the match getting "a little out of hand"

The match should definitely be good and really needs something to make it stand out. We haven't had a stand out moment in a Cell Match for a long time.

I really hope to get a clean match with no intereference, no distractions, nothing.Just Undertaker and Batista going at it.

It looks interesting and should be given a decent length.Length is what I'm worried about with this one.They have three huge matches taking place and if any one of the three is given a short amount of time it would be stupid.

Give this match a half hour and let it run its course.

Out of the three big matches, I think the one that would be short would be Michaels/Orton.

Something I just thought of tonight after watching Smackdown is that they seem to be really focusing on the 1-1-2 record these guys have. Because of that, I really only see two outcomes for this match:

1. Undertaker wins and hopefully that scenario with Edge that I wrote earlier takes place.
2. Edge lays them both out and its a no-contest. This would kind of cheat the fans, so I wouldn't want that, but it could set up a Triple Threat for the title at the Royal Rumble.

Personally I'd rather see #1, but the second is a possibility.

What I see happening is an Edge interference in the HIAC match, maybe with a chainsaw lol (note the SS advertising campaign). Batista retains (sadly) which sets up a triple threat at Armageddon for the WHC. I hear JBL may be coming back to the ring? I thought he had back problems... but hey... maybe some angle with JBL and Taker culminating at the Rumble... by which time Edge is WHC and Batista is dead... From Rumble onwards have an Edge / Taker feud, finishing up at Wrestlemania with Taker winning?

A bit far fetched, but this is all speculation really isn't it haha

This is going to be a great match. Not only are they big guys but they are big guys with agility and stamina. I can see Edge interfering but I think that is more likely in the Shawn Michaels VS Randy Orton match. Should be in for a good match of action and a surprising win for whoever wins.

This is going to one hell of a match.Two of the the biggest guys in wrestling and they put on lots of good shows.I think that taker will get a clean win without edge interfearing.

I can see Edge interfering but I think that is more likely in the Shawn Michaels VS Randy Orton match

I don't seee why Edge would interfere in a RAW brand match as he's on Smackdown! now. Either way he's gonna make a decent comeback... can't wait :D

how about clean win for Taker and then Edge comes in a claims a rematch clause for his title and steals it off taker like before setting up another fued with him...would give a clean outcome and also play into the whole Edge as the opportunistic heel

Im predicting edge to sneak up from under the ring and cause a DQ. This will lead to a triple threat match at Armageddon, where edge wins title and feuds with batista till Royal rumble. Then Taker injects himself at No way out and winning the title at WM24

Edge is going to try to interfere, but batista is going to nail a batista bomb. As Batista turns around he walks into a chokeslam folowed by tombstone for the victory

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back