Survivor Series 92 With Traditional Elimination Matches

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I’m not sure how much discussion this is going to generate but I’m going to throw it out there anyway for those who are interested. From 1987-1997 the Survivor Series was built around elimination tag matches with some bigger singles matches mixed in during the later years. The exception was 1992. That year Survivor Series was more of a standard ppv instead of the gimmick ppv it was known for. So what if WWE stuck with the usual format in 1992? How would the card have looked?

Bret Hart & Randy Savage & Mr. Perfect & Marty Jannetty vs.
Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair & Razor Ramon & The Mountie

This is pretty simple as Savage & Perfect vs. Flair & Razor actually took place. Hart vs. Michaels actually took place and could have easily been included especially since Hart took the title off Flair. Jannetty had just returned and was obviously involved with Michaels. The only one that doesn’t fit in is The Mountie but I just couldn’t think of a fourth man for Flair’s team. Mountie was always a respected heel and I know he left the WWF right around Survivor Series but I believe he was still with the company at the time of the event. At least he had history with Hart. If someone has a better suggestion for the fourth heel let me know.

Undertaker & Big Bossman & Crush & Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs.
Kamala & Nailz & Papa Shango & Berzerker

Taker vs. Kamala & Bossman vs. Nailz took place in singles matches. They were in similar spots on the card so pairing them together would have been natural. Shango and Berzerker had a little history with Taker at that point and would have matched up well with Crush and Duggan in size and style. The heels are all big and crazy and seem like an interesting team to me.

Natural Disasters & Nasty Boys vs.
Money Inc. & Beverly Brothers

This match actually did happen so a simple tweak to make it survivor series rules is all that’s needed here. I’d prefer The Headshrinkers instead of The Beverly Brothers here as they were involved in Money Inc. regaining the titles but I think they fit better in my next match.

Virgil & Max Moon & High Energy vs.
Yokozuna & Bam Bam Bigelow & The Headshrinkers

Looks like a squash right? That’s the idea. David vs. Goliath. Size vs. speed. The entire heel team was brand new (or returning) to the WWF and I have no problem with them destroying the faces to make their mark.

Tatanka & El Matador & Bob Backlund & Lance Cassidy vs.
Rick Martel & Repo Man & Skinner & Terry Taylor

This is just a typical filler consisting of lower card guys with the exceptions of Tatanka and Rick Martel as the clear captains. What do you mean you never heard of Lance Cassidy? He was only around for a cup of coffee but it was during this timeframe. He’s actually one of the Armstrong boys; son of Bullet Bob and brother of Road Dogg. This is the match that the strange clown who was following the WWF around could cause some trouble.

So what do you think about my card? How would you change it? Would you have preferred Survivor Series 92 with elimination matches or did you like it the way it was? I just threw this card together for something to think about but I’m not sure I prefer it to what actually happened. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels was a great match so I’d hate to sacrifice it.

You came up with about as solid of a card as you could get with what the WWE had to work with at that time and it is for that very reason that the WWE did the right thing going away from the traditional style for this ppv. They just didn't have the man power to stick with the traditional elimination matches. Just by your last couple matches alone there is a lot of reaching. Guys like Max Moon, Lance Cassidy, and "Terrific" Terry Taylor just didn't belong on ppv at this time. Hogan was taking a leave of absence, Warrior (who was originally in the main event) was gone, Piper was gone, Sid was gone, Jake Roberts was gone, British Bulldog was gone, Sgt. Slaughter was gone. The talent depth just wasn't there.

Because of the lack of depth the WWE had to change things up and they actually got a decent ppv out of it. I own the VHS of this show and have always enjoyed it. The opening tag match was fun, the main event tag was very good, we got to see the first ever "Coffin Match," Yokozuna made his first ppv appearance, and Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels is a forgotten classic that closed the show with a bang.

This card you made seems pretty solid. I can't think of anything to change. I would have loved to have seen this as the 92 Survivor Series. Good Job! This may sound foolish but I'd like to give my picks on who would have won these matches.
#1. Tatanka and El Matador,
#2. Yokozuna's whole team,
#3. Money INC.,
#4. The Undertaker,
#5. Bret Hart, ushering in a new era, with Santa Claus like the real show did.(lol)

I love this idea and I love your card. Here is how I would have liked to have seen it happen.

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team matches

The Enforcers
The Big Bossman, Tatanka, and High Energy
vs.
The Visionaries
Rick Martel, Nailz, and The Head Shrinkers
This match consist of the first 3 matches that took place at the 92 SS. Let’s keep in that way.

The Perfect Maniacs
“Macho Man” Randy Savage, Mr. Perfect, The Undertaker and Virgil
vs.
Apocalypse
Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Kamala, and Yokozuna
This match may look like all of the “Golden Eggs” in one basket, but with the Main Event I have in store, this match is just an “All-Star Game”.

The Nasty Disasters
The Nasty Boys and The Natural Disasters
vs.
The Beverley Bills
Money Inc. and The Beverley Brothers
I would keep this the way it happened.

The Main Event of the evening!!

The 2nd ever WWF / Intercontinental Championship Unification match
WWF Champion, Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Intercontinental Champion, “The Heart Break Kid” Shawn Michaels.
This could have been huge. We would have probably seen a double DQ or something with Razor Ramon and Marty Jannetty interfering during the match resulting in the Titles not changing hands, but that sure would have added to the build.

I was really disappointed with that show's format. While I remember marking for Bret vs HBK champion vs champion I really was sad to see the old format go and was worried that it wasn't coming back. I was both right and wrong. It did come back but not for long. Also it would have been nice had Warrior stuck around for that show, but the Mr Perfect face turn was, well... perfectly done.

Its crazy how u bring this ppv up lol,I was 11 and this was my first and only show i ever went to,back at the old Richfield colisiem in Ohio,being able to watch the 1st ever coffin match was pretty awesome,im 30 now and still think that was a great ppv,it would of been nice if it did have 2 or 3 traditional survivor series matches,but its a memory il always have!!

Great Thread!

Mr. Perfect, Randy Savage, Undertaker, Earthquake, Typhoon

VS.

Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Kamala, Ted DiBiase, IRS

I think all three of these matches would have been a lot better if combined into one. Flair and Razor never really made sense as a team. The Natural Disasters could have continued their feud with Money Inc. And Undertaker would be allowed to do more than he did in his match with Kamala.

The rest of the card I would leave the same with the exception of making the Nasty team with Virgil against the Beverly Brothers and Yokozuna.

PS. When are we going to do this with Survivor Series 98 and 02?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back