• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series 2013 - The Shield/Real Americans VS The Rhodes/The Usos/Rey Mysterio

workhorse

Jeritroll
20131118_HandicapMatch_LIGHT_SurvivorSeries_HOMEPAGE.jpg

"As if the much-anticipated Survivor Series pay-per-view wasn’t already overflowing with intriguing matchups, former World ChampionRey Mysterio is returning from injury to team with WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Goldust and The Usos against The Shield and The Real Americans in a blockbuster Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match!"

Well it may not be the 6-on-6 Tag Team Match that most people wanted, but it is a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Match stacked with talent. The Shield have had issues with Cody Rhodes & Goldust since Battleground, whilst The Usos have also been in the hunt for the Tag Team Championships, having been involved in a Triple Threat Tag Team Championship Match at Hell in a Cell. The Real Americans have also been involved with The Rhodes Brothers & The Usos. The match was announced earlier today, with the 5th member of the face team having yet to be announced. But on RAW Rey Mysterio returned from a lengthy spell on the sidelines and was announced as the 5th member of his respective team.

I can say this makes me a lot happier that they've included a 5-on-5 Match on the card. There's a solid backstory and its good to see the main tag teams get a big match. I'm going to go with the face team to pick up the win, with Mysterio & Cody being the survivors.

So there you go, who's your tip? And who will be the survivor/s?

I hope it's Cody. This match has ridiculous potential. Cesaro is one of the best bases in the business and you have some good flying/team action in there. Going to be a blast I'm sure.

This should be the best match on the show, I could see a number of outcomes, it is Rey's PPV return so they may want to bring him back big with a win and it could also be used to put some more shine on Cesaro by having him survive and win the match for his team. However my guess is it comes down to Roman Reigns 1 on 3 with the faces and he mops them all up and gets the win.

The only thing I don't get about the match is y put Rey in it ( in less the shield are the ones that point him out I don't remember) but I would have got it if it was Henry or Christian because the shield put both of them out

But as for the I like it and hope to see one of the shield members turn would be a nice surprise

The only thing I don't get about the match is y put Rey in it ( in less the shield are the ones that point him out I don't remember) but I would have got it if it was Henry or Christian because the shield put both of them out

But as for the I like it and hope to see one of the shield members turn would be a nice surprise

I'm not sure if its what put Rey out but the Shield have attacked him. On Smackdown a few months back when they took out Sin Cara as they get to ringside Reigns throws a Mysterio mask in to Sin Cara during his match with Sandow letting Sandow win and then they go beat him up. We didn't see it but WWE said they did it.

I think he is a good addition but unfortunately I cant see him losing. If WWE are really gonna build up Reigns in the near future he needs a few eliminations and I think he would be a good sole survivor but I expect to see Mysterio and probably Cody survive. I think it will be a great match but I think WWE made a mistake on Raw when it was Wyatt's and Real Americans that Rey attacked not the Shield and Real Americans

This should be a pretty fun match and looks to be the most interesting of the traditional Survivor Series matches we've seen in quite a while.

As for who ultimately comes out with the win, I think the babyfaces will wind up taking it overall. With this being Mysterio's first match back after his surprise return last night, I simply don't see WWE having him eliminated. Along with Mysterio, I have a feeling that Cody will also be the only other survivor left on the team.

This will be a great match no doubt. 10 exciting wrestlers that we know can deliver. Of course, I would preferred to see the Wyatt Family, Punk, Bryan and one other part of this match but it will still be great.

I do think that team Mysterio win this. I think they are beginning to lay the foundations for a split within The Shield and them losing is part of that - they are becoming less effective as a unit. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked to see them win but I think the faces are slight favourites.

As for the sole survivor(s). I'd imagine it will be Mysterio or Cody. Mysterio is a fan favourite who has just returned so giving letting him win makes sense. However, they can really make Cody look great by being the sole survivor. Have Rollins/Reigns outnumber him and he still wins would be a fantastic way of showing how great Cody is.

I like this match. It makes no fucking sense to me, but I like it anyway.

Hopefully we get Mysterio fighting the whole of the heel team for the majority. They can have Rey eliminate Swagger, but I'm not accepting any more than that.

I agree that this should be the best match on the card, and I am glad they included a 5 on 5 match. They way this card looks they should have just booked all 5 on 5 matches I preferred Survivor Series like that by far. I could see Rey being the lone survivor, and I could also see Rey and both Rhodes surviving.

With the WWE harping on so much about The Shield debuting last year at Survivor Series, I don't see The Shield Americans losing this one. And with Rey Mysterio not being fully recovered yet, surely they will use this match to re-injure and put him on the shelf again until he is fully ready to return. I can see the finish playing out like how The Eighties mentioned, Roman Reigns left alone with Rhodes, Mysterio and/or Goldust and him wiping them all out to pick up the win for his team.

Even if The Rhodes/Mysterio/Usos happen to win, I still see that same finish playing out just with the 2 or 3 faces beating Reigns instead. WWE could use that to continue building towards Reign's face turn and split from The Shield by having Ambrose blame Reigns for them losing. But again, I can't see Shield losing this due to it being their 1 year anniversary.

Roman Reigns left alone with Rhodes, Mysterio and/or Goldust and him wiping them all out to pick up the win for his team.
This isn't going to happen, as if the heels are to win, they'll do so through the numbers advantage the Shield is famous for being able to gain, not through Reigns beating the Tag Champs and a freshly returning Rey Mysterio as well. That being said, I think this will be a fair gauge of how WWE is viewing the Shield right now by how this match is booked. I expect the Usos and the Real Americans to go out first, and us possibly left in the six man tag situations the Shield work so well, and win much of the time.

That being said, I see the faces winning here. It's too early to interrupt the roll the Rhodes have been on, and if WWE has any plans for a good mid-card feud for Rey Mysterio, it would be unproductive for the heels to win here. WWE hasn't really hammered Survivor Series as having been the debut of the Shield, and that wasn't their debut match anyways, as that occurred the following month at TLC.

The rumors have been rampant that WWE is high on Reigns, and he's in line for a big push in the next year. I don't see that happening until after Wrestlemania 30, however, and neither should it. It's too soon to even begin to look at fracturing off the Shield, and Reigns as a sole survivor here by taking out the best of the mid-card WWE has to offer will do exactly that. Either the Shield survive here as a team, or the tag champs and Mysterio do, I'm guessing.

With the roll the Rhodes have been on and Mysterio just returning, I'll take the faces here to survive, with Rhodes, Goldust, and Mysterio being the 3.

I think there are 2 potential outcomes

1. Rey Mysterio is sole survivor and retires on Raw due to injury

2. Roman Reigns sole survivor

I think there are 2 potential outcomes

1. Rey Mysterio is sole survivor and retires on Raw due to injury

2. Roman Reigns sole survivor

Those are your two potential outcomes?!

Heels win. Otherwise why did they lose on Smackdown?

The Usos & Goldust get eliminated fairly quickly. Cody puts up some effort, maybe taking out a Real American or two. Then Rey will succumb to The Shield. Seems obvious.

Rey then continues to wrestle until his next injury.

Doesnt matter who wins, match is gonna be awesome. Good-to-Great workers all round.

Various plausible finishes. I go with Rey overcoming the odds because of breakdowns / animosity among the Shield.

20131121_HandicapMatch_LIGHT_SurvivorSeries_HOMEPAGE.jpg

This should be good! While I'm not a fan of The Usos, I can understand why they got picked to be a part of the face team. The heel team can and absolutely should end up winning this match. The Shield made their debut at last year's edition of Survivor Series. It would be perfect to end their rookie year with a victory at the same show. The Real Americans also could use the momentum from the win. They are a talented and underrated team. The face team do not need the win as much as the heels do. Cody and Goldust might, as they hold the giant pennies currently, but the others do not. Rey will be over no matter what he does at this point and The Usos suck. So.... one entire team who needs the win, and two out of five members on the other team needing a win? Give the team who needs the win more the win, WWE. The Shield finish up their rookie year with a strong victory and The Real Americans could earn a title shot at the giant pennies if they are able to survive an elimination in this match, but I will go with the three members of The Shield as the only survivors in the end by last eliminating Cody. It probably goes on toward the middle of the night.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Shield & Real Americans will defeat The Rhodes Brothers, Rey, & The Usos.

I didn't watch the show but I read the results and I wasn't surprised to find out they used this match as the next step in the forthcoming Roman Reigns mega push. I can see him having a huge clear out run in the Rumble as well, much like Diesel in 94.

As a fan of The Shield, and in particular Roman Reigns, I definitely feel he delivered it at Survivor Series. I was massively impressed with him.

He got a positive and extremely loud reaction from the crowd too at the end, and this was the first time we'd really seen him have to forge his own identity almost without Rollins and Ambrose around. "A separation of the pack", as Jim Ross called it on twitter, and I believe Rollins rose to the occasion.

Of course while he was still the heel, you could definitely tell there was some uncertainty in the crowd on who exactly to cheer for when Reigns was left on his own and became the underdog.

Fabulous performance. (Not biased in any way, shape or form). ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back