• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Survivor Series 2013: Daniel Bryan & CM Punk VS Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced just a little while ago via WWE.com that Bryan & Punk will team up against Harper & Rowan at Survivor Series next Sunday.

I'm a little disappointed, as I'm sure many are, as WWE definitely teased that there'd be a 6 on 6 traditional Survivor Series elimination tag match featuring The Shield & The Wyatt Family against Punk & Bryan, The Usos and Cody Rhodes & Goldust. It's possible that WWE could still put a traditional match in place, as it just simply doesn't feel like Survivor Series without it.

As for this match, I'm not really sure how it'll end. If the Wyatt's pull out a win, I don't see it as a clean one. I don't really see Punk & Bryan getting the win here either, so I think it'll be some sort of no contest or double disqualification. If that's how it goes down, I'm fine with it as long as they put on a good, action packed match.

Yeah, it seems like a waste. Especially considering Harper & Rowan have lost numerous times in the past couple of weeks. They don't seem like a threat to me as a tandem. Certainly not against Punk & Bryan.

Add Roman & Reigns & Seth Rollins to the mix and I'm back on board.

This is just an astonishingly bad decision and I hope they change this match in the next week or so.

With there being a complete lack of anything significant on the rest of the card they really could have done something more imaginative than this. The 6 v 6 would have been lovely but even a 5 v 5 match. Dean Ambrose could have defended his US title and in a dream scenario, which is completely logical as well, Bryan would face Triple H. We didn't even have to have the Uso's. Swap those two out and replace them with Ziggler or The Miz.

This tag-team match is uninspiring and the fact Bray Wyatt isn't involved irritates me. Surely it is time to see him wrestle a bit more and they have a perfect opportunity. I understand we need to build his character and his gimmick but he has had two PPV matches and both were only ok. I'm sure this will be a solid PPV match but nothing more - which is irritating given the other possibilities.

However, it does mean that my prediction of Punk/Bryan/Orton for the WWE title at WM seem a little bit more likely.

Seems to me like they're still protecting Wyatt -- probably due to that injury he had last month. After last night's tease, this is definitely a letdown. I suppose it could always still be a good match, but this feels like a RAW match...so far the whole Survivor Series card seems more worthy of a RAW than a major PPV.

We still have another week. Maybe the same 6 on 2 scenario will happen again. Maybe Usos and tag champs are punished and placed in 6 on 4 match and Punk & Bryan make the save. Then someone calls for the 6 on 6. I don't got my hopes up too high but either way, at least Punk, Bryan, and the Wyatts are all working a program

What are they thinking? Christ, WWE has been a mess these last couple of months. Absolutely horrible programing as well as mediocre (at best) PPVs. SS, so far, seems very, very lackluster.

Worst Survivor Series Card ever. These matches read like a bad episode of Smackdown, not the F-in Survivor Series. There should be elimiation matches on this card- thats half the fun of ordering the event. With the Wyatt Family, the shield, and some of the other characters- there could have been some real fun matches that could have compared in fun to the late 80s and early 90s cards.

After Raw's fantastic ending that perfectly sets up for a good six on six elimination match, this is what they announce? It's a bit bewildering why'd they even book the end like that. Hopefully, over the course of the next week, they rectify this decision and announce something that evokes even the tiniest amount of interest for the show.

If anything, this tells me WWE isn't ready to pull the trigger on a Shield face turn right now. We all noticed the crowd's apeshit reaction to seeing The Shield and The Wyatt Family in the same ring together last night, and by all rights, I think The Shield has gone as far as they're going to go as a team. They dominated 2013, but you can see WWE is slowly setting the wheels in motion to set up The Wyatt Family as another strong heel stable.

With that said, I think WWE is making the right choice for holding off on a face turn for now. There's no need to rush things. Let the tension and mistrust within The Shield build and build until it reaches a boiling point. Then, something will have to give one way or the other. WWE forced and rushed Ziggler and Miz's face turns, and the end results in both cases were disastrous.

As far as the match goes, I think Harper and Rowan will walk away with the win, because they need it more. You have to believe Bray will play a role in trying to cause some kind of distraction, or he'll interfere to help Rowan and Harper to pick up the win.

If Bryan and Punk win, I don't see a real reason to keep the feud going, and right now, I don't see a clear path for Bryan and Punk working their way into either world title picture. Punk can't pound on Heyman, Axel, and Ryback forever, and it's clear Bryan won't win the WWE Championship anytime soon, so they need a sustained feud to work with as a team.

Survivor Series used to be my favorite PPV, I honestly love elimination style tag matches. I think they're a great way to make current storylines more interesting. You could have the heel team cheat their way into a five on two advantage, only to have the face team rally and even the score. You could have a face team member betray his team, you could have a heel team member lash out at his team-mates for behaving too sadistically. It's almost impossible NOT to brainstorm multiple scenarios which could happen during the same match between all these potential characters.

It's all been done, sure. But it seems original when it happens to different people of a new generation.

Teaming Punk with Bryan is a good way to get me to buy this ppv, regardless of the outcome of the match. I don't see why they can't give The Usos, The Rhodes Bros and The Shield a part in that match. Hopefully it changes, but I'm of the assumption that the WWE wants more fan focus on Rowan and Harper (or as I call them "Dork Dynasty").

Survivor Series was one of the WWEs big four ppvs at one time; without the unique status of having multiple elimination style tag matches, it feels like just another filler ppv.

If I had not watched Raw I would have no problems with this as it is a good match that has an good build to the match but I did watch Raw and I feel ripped off if this is the way they go. They have time to change but this is missing out on a huge opportunity to get create the attraction there looking for as the 2 title matches are not interesting as we have seen it before

We all noticed the crowd's apeshit reaction to seeing The Shield and The Wyatt Family in the same ring together last night...

That's for sure, and for that reason the Punk-Bryan vs. Wyatts match might be blown to bits by a Shield attack......which might be the most interesting scenario of all, because we can't be sure whom they'll go after. Before Monday night, it would figure they'd set themselves against Punk & Bryan. Now.....who knows?

Without a Shield appearance, this match-up doesn't really matter. Several people are predicting a non-decisive ending, but even if Daniel and Punk win a resounding victory, what does it change? Even though these two occasionally have partners in the ring, they are primarily singles wrestlers, no? Daniel just got over a long run as Team Hell No so he could go out on his own; which has proven to be an amazing success......and Punk is the ultimate loner and while guys like Big E and Daniel have joined him in the ring to help combat triple teams, he still features mainly as a singles wrestler, as he should.

Okay, so now they're teaming up. That's fine for one night; then, they'll go back to what they usually do.

I have to agree with the rest as I am not a fan of this match. I can only hope that this match isn't set in stone and they come back in the coming week or so and expand the match to include all parties that were involved during this past Monday's main event.

If the match stands it just doesn't make much sense. Harper and Rowan pose no threat to Punk and Bryan. That match seems fairly straight forward. I can already see the ending with Punk giving one of the guys a GTS, and while they stumble around, Bryan hits his knee finisher for the win.

This wont be the final match. Theres still some time before Survivor Series, and i guarantee that it will change to the 6 on 6 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match. They teased it and thats what they are going to do, they just want to put the match up there for now. I really do hope they do the 6 on 6 instead of the Punk/Bryan v. Wyatts tag + a 3 on 3 possibly.

This is such a horrible announcement. Pull the trigger on a damn Survivor Series Elimination Match. Most people ordering the Survivor Series do it because they enjoy the elimination matches as they could be very unpredictable, because not everybody could be protected from taking a loss in them.

CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs. Rowan and Harper?

That screams Raw.

That screams Smackdown.

Heck, I've seen bigger matches on Main Event.

It's not an illogical choice based on the program, but it is an illogical choice for the Survivor Series. A two on two tag team match at a PPV that built its name on elimination tag team matches?

The way Raw ended, seeing The Wyatts and The Shield face off... how they eventually stopped fighting and agreed upon their common enemies in Punk and Bryan to the whole run in with the Usos and Rhodes had me hyped for a 6 on 6 elimination match. That could easily give this card a jolt of energy and something unique and fun that the two title matches aren't doing.

WWE booking sometimes is a bunch of people with their heads up their ass.

When I saw this match was announced it pretty much made my mind up about not buying this PPV. I have no interest in either title match but with the ending of Raw I thought they were going to get my money via a big 6 vs 6 traditional Survivor Series match, oh well.

As for who wins, I guess it has to be Harper & Rowan in order to prolong this feud.

Not sure what's going on here. I think the logic of Daniel Bryan/Punk teaming is to highlight that more. It might get lost in the mix of a 6 v 6. Iunno, we really won't know why they did this until mania because almost everything now is planting seeds for that.

I still think Punk will turn on Daniel Bryan at some point and it'll be Bryan vs Punk at Mania.

I am also very disappointed in this card as a whole. I still don't get this match, and it definitely seems like a waste. I could definitely see The Shield interfere at the end of this match. I don't see either team winning clean.

One would think they could have thrown in a surprise partner, and did 3 on 3. Oh well. Ony positive outcome I can forsee is putting the Wyatts over.

20131121_LIGHT_SurvivorSeries_tagmatch_b_C.jpg

Bryan and Punk teaming up together? This could very well be the match of the night. It's a chance for the Wyatts to be featured in a high profile match to get further noticed by the fans. I also fully expect Bryan & Punk to steal the show. The fact that those two are teaming together makes me have high expectations going into this match. I'd say it goes on during the middle of the evening. Punk & Bryan should get the win. They both need the momentum if either are to return to the world title scene concerning either world title. The Wyatts getting a win would be huge for them, but Punk/Bryan could use the win more. The Wyatts have plenty of time to get established so a loss would not hurt them as much if they are booked to appear to stand a chance.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
CM Punk & Daniel Bryan will defeat Like Harper & Erick Rowan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back