WWE Backlash - Luke Harper VS Erick Rowan

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This isn't a typo or anything, Shane McMahon made this match after Erick Rowan's segment on Talking Smack last night. They had about a 4 or 5 minute match on last week's episode that was taped in London with Rowan coming out on top and I have no earthly idea why they decided to add this match to the main card. I've been a fan of Harper's from day one, but he's being set up for failure as not only will fans not care about this match, it'll almost certainly get the "CM Punk" treatment given that it's in Chicago. Chicago is one of the hottest wrestling crowds out there and they'll rip this match to shreds; it'd be fine for the kickoff show but it's on the main card though I'm hoping WWE has enough sense to move it or scrap it altogether. They'll both work hard to try to put on an entertaining match and I just think they deserve better than to be fed to one of the smarkiest wrestling crowds out there.

This is the match we've all been waiting to see... Said nobody ever. Having said that, Erick Rowan delivered a very convincing and character-driven interview on Talking Smack and it seems to have gone down very well on social media from the looks of things. Luke Harper is certainly the star out of the two, but it was interesting to see him not only get this opportunity, but deliver on it very well.

I don't think they'll get eaten alive by the crowd though. I think the fans give enough of a crap about Harper, but it's not going to move the crowd in any way either. Does Harper get the pay-per-view win? Maybe that's what they're going for here.

Honestly I'd rather they just get back together as a team. Seeing that both can deliver a good promo and they're interesting characters in the ring, why not?

I think Mahal vs. Orton will get the brunt of the Punk chants. I wouldn't be surprised if Harper gets a very strong reaction, or if it's completely silent.

As for why the match is booked... The match is needed for filler as the brand is small and all of the women are in the same match, while no secondary tag program has been teased at all.

I think Mahal vs. Orton will get the brunt of the Punk chants. I wouldn't be surprised if Harper gets a very strong reaction, or if it's completely silent.

Also, Basically this. ^^^

Harper is over enough, and the history between the two is still recent and relevant enough, that this match doesn't seem pointless enough to arouse the ire of the crowd.

If any match on this card is laughably placed for a showcase in Chicago and destined to get hijacked by CM Punk chants, it is the WWE title match. The combination of Mahal being a 2-star worker, and Orton once again proving to be a tone deaf ass who doesn't know when to keep his shitty opinions to himself, have the title match set up to be the most vocally shit on by the crowd spectacle not involving Reigns in the last ten years. If the company is smart, they'll open the show with the WWE title match and let the crowd spill venom all over it, while Mahal and Orton put on the type of (at best) mediocre performance that they can always be counted on to deliver, and then have it over with. That way the crowd can fully focus on the Nakamura debut and the AJ/K.O. match which should be a no-brainer to close the show.

Does anyone still really care about that whiny btch CM "If you don't give me the main event at wrestlemania im going home to cry in my bed because ryback hit me too hard" Punk? The most overrated wrestler in the history of the WWE,
If you need to chant for some ex wrestler, Wasn't The Road Warriors from Chicago can't they get an LOD chant started instead? At least they had talent.
As for your question I like Harper and Rowan I think their a little underrated and glad to see them getting something, Both have the potential to have a good match, Maybe a longer build up would have had more people caring about this match as both of them seem to be kind of lost in the shuffle at this point.

Filler match as the booking suggests but I'm interested. Yes, I'm just because of Luke Harper who has never gotten much chance to showcase his talent. He's very good in the ring. Erick Rowan isn't as good as him but I like his creepy nature. Not exactly a PPV quality match but you can't do much about it. Luke Harper avenges his loss to Erick Rowan.

Have wanted to see a (ppv) match and feud between Harper and Rowan, but wish that they would have been given more of a build up/storyline.

Would love to see wwe surprise us. Maybe have "sister Abigail" (or Crazy Steve) interfere in the match and cost Harper.
Rowan has potential, he's descent in the ring and has an interesting character, he just needs development.

With that said, unless something big happens, Luke Harper should be walking out with the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back