Superman + Batman Film Set For 2015.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
I AM FUCKING DELIGHTED.

They revealed today that in 2015, the new Superman film will feature Batman, who will not be played by Christian Bale. I couldn't be any happier, they could really go all out dark with this one, I just have two problems;

1. No Bale? Could end up being a SHIT Batman, who knows?
  2. It's Superman, his films are regularly tedious, let's bring a true gritty element to it.

A lot of the complaints for Man of Steel was that they tried to hard to be gritty and it wasn't a fun movie. Stop making everything dark and gritty for the sake of it being dark and gritty.

The only way I can see Superman having a decent movie outing is if he is treated as something similar to how the Hulk was in the Avengers - small portions and some light comedy.

Otherwise, he is an awfully bland, teenage angst-ridden, over-powered snorefest.

That or Doomsday is unleashed to kill him.

I thought Marvel managed to balance Thor out nicely, you still got the feeling that he'd wallop all but Hulk with relative ease but he and the big green fella didn't make the others unnecessary. Plus he's just a funnier, more interesting character. Theres the template for Supes, except as Dynamite says, they'll probably need to make it all dark and gritty cos' thats cool innit.

I thought Man of Steel was a much needed shot in the arm of that dead franchise.

Anyone who honestly thinks the right way to do a Superman movie, Superman story, or a Superman anything by making it dark and gritty is an idiot.

Anyone who honestly thinks the right way to do a Superman movie, Superman story, or a Superman anything by making it dark and gritty is an idiot.

Perhaps a Superman/Batman buddy comedy then:

Take Paul Rudd as a humble, self-deprecating Man of Steel, and Bradley Cooper as a cocksure but moody Dark Knight. Add in Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson as Lex Luthor and The Joker, respectively. Garnish with Kristen Wiig as Lois Lane and John Cleese as Alfred. Will Ferrell does a cameo as Jor-El.

Get Kevin Smith to write it and Adam McKay to direct it, and I'd pay to see that.

Perhaps a Superman/Batman buddy comedy then:

Take Paul Rudd as a humble, self-deprecating Man of Steel, and Bradley Cooper as a cocksure but moody Dark Knight. Add in Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson as Lex Luthor and The Joker, respectively. Garnish with Kristen Wiig as Lois Lane and John Cleese as Alfred. Will Ferrell does a cameo as Jor-El.

Get Kevin Smith to write it and Adam McKay to direct it, and I'd pay to see that.

You suck coz now I wanna see that.

I thought the Man of Steel story wise was decent.

Just the Matrix like fight at the climax was ridiculous for the amount of casualties and amount of damage. And we as an audience are supposed to feel good about that?

A Superman/Justice League story being dark and gritty can be done. Injustice the game has a great dark storyline.

It's going to be hard not to get excited about a Superman/Btaman film. But a Superman/Batman film as a sequel to Man Of Steel? Not yet, my love. Not yet.

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

Liked Cavill. Hated MOS. Shocky and the comic-book brigade can kiss my bony white ass.

Trying to be excited about this. It'll come, I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back