• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SummerSlam: Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
- A promo aired on WWE's RAW tonight advertising a huge match on tomorrow night's ECW on Sci-Fi with Matt Hardy, Finlay, John Morrison and The Miz facing off in a Fatal Four Way match to determine the #1 contender to face Mark Henry at WWE's SummerSlam for the ECW Championship.

I'm sure everybody will think it'll be Matt Hardy. I just don't see it myself. It'll happen. Just not for a couple of weeks. They'll need Henry to have a couple of good matches before they put him with Hardy. They won't want him to lose any momentum. When you have that little you really can't spare any. So I see this being Henry & Finlay. Finlay is good enough to get ok matches out of anybody. He proved that when he had a couple of ok matches with The Great Khali.

Mark Henry against Finlay is the one match that I'd be greatly willing to watch. I definately don't want to see Matt Hardy get this shot, and adding The Miz and John Morrison is only eluding to a possible feud between those two, as neither would obviously win and have it end up heel v. heel.

So that means Morrison & Miz will screw each other, leaving the match up to either Finlay or Matt Hardy.

Like I said, I really don't want to see Matt Hardy against Mark Henry, and the sad thing is it's all making a little bit more and more sense to have Hardy drop the United States title, so he can suddenly jump into the Main Event scene of E.C.W. I just don't feel Hardy is Main Event worthy, or anywhere near ready. Not even for E.C.W. He just doesn't get the same reaction his brother gets. Maybe he should try painting himself and jumping off things that are higher than 3rd rope level.

Finlay would be so much greater for this match if he didn't have his midget handicap beside him, which will ultimately end up costing him the Championship. Personally, I can see W.W.E. creative having Finlay win the chance to face Henry.. then on the E.C.W. before Summerslam, have Henry "squash/kill" Hornswoggle. If that happens, there could be a really great chance Finlay could get the Championship.

Its Hardy, easy. its gonna be abuild for a month, which will be absolutely fucking argerous, but necessary. I guess. Hardy should be the guy to take it, and feud with some young heel talent. He may not be the most exciting in the planet, but he is very fundamentally sound, and will put over young heels well.

Finlay should win this as he is the only one out of the four that would have any chance putting on a good match with Mark Henry. I think what should happen is let finlay win at summerslam and then seeing Finlay is a face let Morrison win it in a month or so so it sets up a Morrison Hardy title match at surviver series with Hardy winning becouse thats obviously why Hardy got transfered to ECW, TO do what benoit was supposed to just on a smaller scale. This will be a good match as long as its Finlay vs Mark henry, it should be one of the best ECW title matches since the days of RVD.

Well this will be shit. It's like Mark Henry against Tommy Dreamer, part two.. only this time the role of Dreamer will be held by someone who gets slightly more fan pop and has just a bit more credibility in the W.W.E. (not by much though)

Originally everyone was going nuts over Matt Hardy likely becoming E.C.W. Champion. I was slightly involved in that group, yet not going nuts or anything, I just figured with the draft move it would happen. I still believe it will, just not at Summerslam.

Mark Henry's reign will be given at least one more month, and I'm honestly hoping a damn feud with Finlay. Matt Hardy is crap, and the 4 week long build-up to this is going to be horrible. At least had it of been Finlay, we could've seen Hornswoggle die. What's Henry gonna do now, attempt squashing Jeff, yeah, that'll never happen.

In the end, this match will be horrible. Matt Hardy can't really carry anyone and neither can Mark Henry. Jake said it right in the first place, the only thing these two share are initials.

And I just can't see Hardy taking the strap here. Unfortunately that sets up either a rematch at Unforgiven, or possibly a Triple Threat or more where Hardy wins in bigger fashion. But not here, not in a single's match.

Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy for the ECW Championship at SummerSlam. Boy does that sound like one crap match.
Matt Hardy is not world championship material so hopefully Mark Henry should win this one and retain his title. In my opinion Finlay is a much more deservant contender, mainly due to him being a far better wrestler than Hardy, and as a result I believe he should be the one facing Henry for the title. Hopefully once this likely to be disjointed feud between Henry and Hardy is over, Finlay will be next to feud with Henry for the title, in which Finlay will become the new ECW World Champion. Finlay most certainly deserves a World Title.

Matt Hardy Vs Mark Henry (C) Ecw Championship

i have a strange feeling that this match is going to be as crap as the new ecw title design.lol. its obvious Mark Henry will dominate Matt Hardy. Matt hardy only just lost the United States title in which he struggled to retain so reining as the Ecw champion is just out of the question. John Morrison is talented enought to carry Ecw however Finlay has never held a World Title just united states so he is deserving a shot.

Mark Henry vs Matt Hardy come on this like what Will said it's part two of Tommy Dreamer vs Mark Henry why you ask?Look, at Tommy Dreamer and look at Matt Hardy they are about the same size.I,don't know what WWE is thinking but, it doesn't look good.I would rather see Finlay vs Mark Henry because Finlay got a better chance then Matt Hardy.Finlay is above average height and he can use Hornswoggle to his advantage.I would like Finlay to become ECW Champion that will be great.Anyone,agree or disagree and why?

matt hardy or finlay as ecw world champ is what ecw needs

i think the only reason that henry has that belt is coz of the whole michael hayes saga, mark henry just doesnt draw

i would love to see matt hardy or finlay as champ and i see miz n morrison being top contendors for it

ecw will then have some worthy competition to put on wrestling matches and not just slug squash matches with henry

I see the "world strongest champiah" actually going over at SummerSlam. His little stable with Tony Atlas, and now Colin Delany is a joke, but i dont think they are planning on ending it anytime soon. This will probably be a 2-3 month fued with Hardy eventually winning the title, and getting the old design of the ECW title back, because this new one really does look like the divas championship.

I don't post here often, but what's with the constant slating of Matt Hardy?

I think a Hardy run would be great. Personally, I'd have Hardy have a seperate feud until after Summerslam and let Henry defend the title successfully again to give him at least a bit of credability, but Matt being ECW champion gives a huge amount to think about.

It would, among other things show the way that WWE is finally pushing other wrestlers like Shelton, Matt, Kofi and even CM Punk (Say what you will about him being a transitional Champion, he's still holding the flagship title).

It would also open up some awesome new feuds. Matt is a good technical wrestler, he just doesn't have enough ability to make a poor performer look great (Which say Finlay does).

A Matt Hardy/Finlay feud would be great, a technical feast which could give Finlay some cred without that annoying midget he's got.

A Matt/Dreamer feud could be a great old school ECW Title feud, filled with weapons as Hardy has proven in the past, he doesn't need Hardcore matches to get over, but he can put on a show in any Extreme Rules match.

A Matt/Morrison feud would be great, Morrison has the mic skills, deserves a push ALOT and has already held the ECW Title as well as bringing alot of cred to the Tag Titles. He made an average in-ring Jeff Hardy look like a million dollars in their feuds, and the possibility of a Matt/Morrison feud wnding in a Ladder or Cage match would be stunning.

Overall, I'm glad Mark Henry is holding a title, despite how I don't care for him, he's put alot of his career into wrestling in pointless feuds and he's got a payoff finally. Give him another month and then place him in midcard with Finlay or Morrison to build another title feud.

This match makes sense, as I don't see any other options for either Henry or Hardy to face right now within ECW (not counting bringing in folks from smackdown). The only problem I see with this is with the way things are right now, regardless of who wins this one, what's next for either hardy or henry? I guess either could still have finlay, but it seems that the options are very limited.

I don't post here often, but what's with the constant slating of Matt Hardy?

I think a Hardy run would be great. Personally, I'd have Hardy have a seperate feud until after Summerslam and let Henry defend the title successfully again to give him at least a bit of credability, but Matt being ECW champion gives a huge amount to think about.

It would, among other things show the way that WWE is finally pushing other wrestlers like Shelton, Matt, Kofi and even CM Punk (Say what you will about him being a transitional Champion, he's still holding the flagship title).

It would also open up some awesome new feuds. Matt is a good technical wrestler, he just doesn't have enough ability to make a poor performer look great (Which say Finlay does).

A Matt Hardy/Finlay feud would be great, a technical feast which could give Finlay some cred without that annoying midget he's got.

A Matt/Dreamer feud could be a great old school ECW Title feud, filled with weapons as Hardy has proven in the past, he doesn't need Hardcore matches to get over, but he can put on a show in any Extreme Rules match.

A Matt/Morrison feud would be great, Morrison has the mic skills, deserves a push ALOT and has already held the ECW Title as well as bringing alot of cred to the Tag Titles. He made an average in-ring Jeff Hardy look like a million dollars in their feuds, and the possibility of a Matt/Morrison feud wnding in a Ladder or Cage match would be stunning.

Overall, I'm glad Mark Henry is holding a title, despite how I don't care for him, he's put alot of his career into wrestling in pointless feuds and he's got a payoff finally. Give him another month and then place him in midcard with Finlay or Morrison to build another title feud.

Finally someone standin up for Matt

How can you people say Matt hardy doesnt get a good reaction from fans, i was watching ecw this week, and when he came out the crowd was going apeshit for him the biggest pop of the night

whats with allthe finlay supporters, Finlay is a good technical wrestler and all but he is boooooorrrrriiiinngg and put with mark henry and that equals one terrible terrible match, at least with hardy you get some excitement

Face it no one is going to get a good match outta Mark Henry. Kurt angle couldnt even do it

Matt/Morrison fued sounds pretty good to me

How can you people say Matt hardy doesnt get a good reaction from fans, i was watching ecw this week, and when he came out the crowd was going apeshit for him the biggest pop of the night

Well that show did only include the introductions of 6 wrestlers officially. and he and finlay are very close on reaction.

whats with allthe finlay supporters, Finlay is a good technical wrestler and all but he is boooooorrrrriiiinngg and put with mark henry and that equals one terrible terrible match, at least with hardy you get some excitement

Matt and Finlay wrestle he exact same style. They both are very technical, ground their opponents, and occasionally take to the air. Lets compare the signature move sets.

Hardy- Side Effect.
Finlay- Flipping Samoan Drop.

Round 1 to Finlay in my book.

Hardy- Flying Leg Drop/ poorly executed moonsault
Finlay Seated Senton/ Flying Front Dropkick

Round 2 to finlay as well.

Hardy- Twist of Fate (terribly executed these days[not always his fault])
Finlay- Celtic Cross- Awesome looking suplex variant.

Clean sweep for finlay if you ask me. Not to mention he sells better than matt hardys nonathletic ass anyways.

Damn i thought i was a hardy fan until i started writing this. haha.

Face it no one is going to get a good match outta Mark Henry. Kurt angle couldnt even do it

Its been a long damn time since henry faced angle. He put on a very decent match with triple h on the draft show i think it was. and he has been steadily improving in the ring as of late.

Bottom line is that finlay would get 3 times the match out of henry that hardy ever will.

how can you say matt hardy isnt athletic
moonsault is pretty athletic if you ask me

im not saying finlay is a bad wrestler,hes just boring to watch, his cectic cross is the only entertaining move he does, the rest is ground submissins or punches or boring generic moves

Matt hardy has a more exciting aresonal
side effect, second rope legdrop/elbow drop, clotesline in the corner followed by bulldog, moonsault, reverse ddt, russian leg sweep, missile dropkick, an array of suplexes, and the twist of fate

Finlay's seated senton is gay

Ill admit that matt hardy is a little sloppy, but he's still exciting and puts on more exciting matches than boring old finlay does

wait...did you just say Finlay is boring in comparison to Matt 'I have a generic moveset' Hardy?

Finlay is actually able to catch wrestlers out by doing moves they don;t expect, like using the ring apron. He knows what he's doing in the ring and can adapt to an opponent. When was the last time Matt Hardy was seen as a good partner to be in a feud with? People like Lashley were viewed as having their best programmes with finlay.

As for this match - Mark Henry should take this one easily 1st time around. the rest of the feud will be built around matt refusing to die. For the meantime, I don't see big Mark dropping the belt just yet

I'd hate to be Matt Hardy, I wouldn't be able to shit right with all the raping.

Between Finlay and Hardy I would have to say Finlay is more technically sound and can make any match interesting. He's a veteran of the sport and I would say one day he'll be in the HoF.

That being said, I'd rather see Matt Hardy take the title. In my opinion he's the better half of Team eXtreme. I never like the Hardy's as a tag team, I only started to like Matt during his V1 days.

I think the idea of a Hardy vs Morrison fued and a Hardy vs Miz fued is the way ECW needs to move right. And as Miz and Morrison can be a team through these fueds Matt can recruit Jeff to help him since SD! doesn't seem to have anything for him. Build your show by having an established and way over star as your champion. You get to have one of the most over stars in the company as his back up. And they fued with the man who is arguably the most gifted entertainer WWE has to offer and the guy who is the most improved star WWE has had in a while.

And then after that program ends you hopefully have built up new heels to challenge him like Knox and bring Mark Henry back into the picture. You can a face vs face rivalry with Finlay. And some interbrand defenses with SmackDown's roster.

Matt being a Hardy is going to get him over even more as soon as he wins. And if he wins a world title at WWE's second biggest PPV it'll mean more to fans than it will if Finlay wins.

agreed and it will mean more because if he hardy wins at SS, the announcers will be like "Matt Hardy has finally achieved his dream of winning a world title"
even though it is a third-rate title

Matt Hardy needs to win the E.C.W. Championship at Sumerslam, because obviously they decided to make him lose the United States Championship to challenge for the ECW title to make him win the title, but it would be dumb to make him lose the U.S. title and lose his first world title match against Henry, it would be better to make him lose the U.S. title later. I don't see either Henry or Hardy having a really good feud for the E.C.W. Championship. So I know Hardy will win at some point, but not on SS, maybe Unforgiven or No Mercy.

I'm alright with this match as long as Mark Henry wins. If Matt Hardy wins the title it will prove the WWE has too many titles. No man should lose 1 singles title at 1 pay per view and win another singles title at the next. Come on I mean i know Matt Hardy was drafted to ECW to be a main eventer for the brand, but shouldn't he be at least slightly concerned about retrieving The United States Championship he was so proud of?

You know what's funny is that all the "Real" wrestling fans used to support Matt Hardy until he started to receive a slight push. I'm pretty sure that wrestlers can't win these days because the "Real" wrestling fans basically hate anyone who gets a decent size push, and then the idiots who don't know anything about wrestling will always react however the WWE wants them to...

Soooo, with that being said I think we should appreciate the fact that someone who is actually talented in the ring and on the mic has an opportunity to main event for a change. Hardy is WAY more above average in every facet of wrestling then most people on the roster on any show, and I think it's great that he's finally getting some recognition of that.

I will agree that I don't think it feels right just yet for Matt to go over for the title (I think it should happen at No Mercy or Unforgiven). But I do think that he is the right guy to take the title for Henry (Sooner, rather then later). I do like Finlay as a performer, but there is no way that he should ever go over for the title before Hardy. Those people that think Finlay is even close in popularity to Hardy should remember that most of Finlay's pop is for the troll that comes out with him.

All in all, I think it's great that Hardy finally has a well deserved World Title shot, and I think that people should stop complaining about Hardy and should focus on a much, much worse crime to wrestling... Khali being back in the main event...

i'd like to see matt win and bring back his "mattitude" gimmick. imo that was when he was at his best as a singles competitor, but that also might have been due to the competition he had at the time. i see him winning the title actually and then getting involved with finlay and dreamer (i think dreamer should have one more run as champ before he retires, but that could be a while...). matt has the skill and the mic, not to mention the fans, to be a world champion. if they would let CM Punk be champ this long, i'm pretty sure they'd give matt the chance to get a (mid-)world title.

The thing I find the most mind boggling about this match is the fact that some people would rather see a huge guy who can barely move around the ring, is as slow as they come, and is by no means a great technical wrestler go over a much smaller, but way more energetic and far better wrestling challenger. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some people? Doesn't a Matt Hardy vs. John Morrison feud sound a hell of a lot better and far more watchable than a Mark Henry vs. anyone feud?

I cannot bare to see Henry as champion for a second longer. He's dull as champion, his matches are rubbish and in general I fail to see the purpose he serves.

Matt Hardy should win this one. He deserves it. And while he doesn't exactly scream ECW, I think he's one of the best on the ECW roster, and that should be recognised by holding ECW gold. I also agree with wrestlingfan701, in saying that Matt Hardy in a feud against anyone, sounds more attractive than Mark Henry in that same feud.

Matt Hardy is an average wrestler at best, his acting abilities are a total joke, and he doesnt really have the look of a wrestler. It's probably due to reasons such as these that WWE drafted him to ECW and quickly stripped him of the United States Championship.
Giving what I said about Hardy I believe the WWE would be nuts to put the ECW World Championship on this guy. It's hard to give Hardy storylines which the fans can actually find interesting.
I believe Hardy should probably stay around the ECW main event scene but should never win the World Title. The World Title should be for those in ECW who truly deserve it, such as Finlay, Chavo, Morrison, and perhaps Evan Bourne. These four guys are way better at wrestling than Hardy, feature in much more exciting matches and feuds, and are better actors.
Hopefully WWE drop this Henry vs Hardy feud after SummerSlam, and World Champion Mark Henry will go onto feud with either Finlay or Bourne. Finlay most definately deserves a World Title win at some point and Evan is rapidly climbing the ECW rankings and becoming a hit with the fans. I could see a very good feud created between Evan and Henry, with Evan perhaps pulling off a massive upset by defeating the monster Henry for the title.
The new world champion of Evan or Finlay could then go onto feud with either Morrison or Chavo, where some great matches could be seen from such feuds.

281x211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back