• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Summerslam 2013 - Ring Of Fire Match: Kane VS Bray Wyatt

I can see Kane winning but the Wyatt Family beating up Kane after the match, getting him lit on fire to write him off TV for a while

20130815_summerslam_LIGHT_kanewyatt_C-homepage2.jpg

This is a match I am very much looking forward to. I have not seen a Ring of Fire (inferno) match since Kane VS MVP back in 2006. It's such a dangerous and rare match type that it instantly caught my attention when it was announced. The hype has also been done very well. Bray is already being made into a legitimate threat. It's hard to believe he and Husky Harris are the same person, he has made tremendous improvement since his run in Nexus a few years ago. I will openly admit I was wrong about Husky/Bray. I never thought he would see any success, it turns out all he needed was a better gimmick. Now I look forward to seeing how his career will play out. A victory in this match is a great way to begin moving forward.

Wyatt will likely get the win. He needs it more. This match might be in Kane's favor given his character, but Bray Wyatt benefits from the win while Kane doesn't really get much out of it. It makes Wyatt look even better to defeat Kane in a match where Kane has the (kayfabe) advantage. The Wyatt family is a group investing in for the future, so Bray really needs to win in order to help establish himself. I won't argue with a Kane win if it does happen though, within kayfabe it makes perfect sense for him to win this type of match. I think it will go on in the second half of the night. Bray wins and then I think they will both move on to new feuds.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Bray Wyatt will defeat Kane.

I'm pretty excited about this. I love Bray Wyatt's character. So awesome. The stipulation alone makes the match interesting. Should be a fun character match.

This is by far the easiest match for me to predict on the card going with Wyatt on this one. I like the fact that they've made Kane look pretty strong going into it, loved the 3 on 1 against 3mb. I actually made a prediction video detailing why I think Wyatt's going to win the match though.
[youtube]S0CQKE-nB7M[/youtube]

It's a very interesting pair, it's been quite rare to see this build up and seeing Kane have again his "fire powers", appearing and such... Anyway, mostly important, it's going to be very interesting to see the in-ring debut of Wyatt.

Being that said, there's no reason for Wyatt to lose the match, I'm not sure if it would kill his momentum, but he needs to make an statement, an impact and a what a better way to do it than defeating Kane in his "specialty" revolving around fire.

I don't expet a good match but rather entertaining, Wyatt wins.

This match has not been very good. Glad to see the goons get into the match. The wyatts need to win. A 3 on 1 was the only way I saw that happening.

I think the match was bleh. I was very disappointed. It looked awkward the whole time. I know people love the gimmick, including myself, but he still needs in-ring help.

You guys are kinda dumb bitching about the quality. It's was a character development match. Why would you expect any kind of classic. It was what I thought it'd be and advanced the characters.

I would ask if your kidding but sadly I know your not.

So you are ok with horrible matches if it moves a story line along? That is totally pathetic.

What story line did it move along? 3 wyatt members beat a guy up in the middle of the ring. This is the same as the last 2 weeks.

I would ask if your kidding but sadly I know your not.

So you are ok with horrible matches if it moves a story line along? That is totally pathetic.

What story line did it move along? 3 wyatt members beat a guy up in the middle of the ring. This is the same as the last 2 weeks.
It wasn't a horrible match. The crowd was into it and they worked the match and the story. They moved the story of them defeating Kane and taking over as the evil group they are. This shit is pretty basic I don't see how you don't pick up on that.

Lol

I really did not thing for the story and it was an awful match.

I get it, you loved every ppv match. They are all amazing. If someone says even one is average you go crazy. I get it.

Lol

I really did not thing for the story and it was an awful match.

I get it, you loved every ppv match. They are all amazing. If someone says even one is average you go crazy. I get it.
No, it was an amazing ppv, but this match did what it was supposed to do. Also, you don't know the whole story, so how do you know it didn't further anything? I bet it furthers the story. It will be significant tht the Wyatt's abducted Kane.

Not every match is or should be a technical masterpiece. Some matches are there to further a character.

people will bash the match for not being great but ultimately the match was mainly to build the story than to tear the house down..we had the other matches do that..this was to show how truly sadistic bray is by adding kane to "the family".

I said when it was booked that the gimmick was added because they knew this was not a good combo just like Kane found Ambrose's unorthodox style of working difficult, but Kane is the perfect character foil for Bray Wyatt and so in the bigger picture it made sense.

So yeah, I get the story element of it but the in ring work was horrid, they just didn't look in sync with each other at all and everything looked awkward. I don't know if this was just a case of their styles not meshing or if they were struggling to work with the restrictive space and lowered lighting but it was "Bowling shoe ugly" as JR likes to say. Fortunately the fire bursts kept the crowd entertained and I don't think it will do Wyatt any harm going forward as now we need to see what they did with Kane when they took him away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back