• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Summerslam 2013 - Ring Of Fire Match: Kane VS Bray Wyatt

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On tonight's episode of Raw, the singles match between these two and the in-ring debut for Bray Wyatt was announced for SummerSlam. I've never heard of a "Ring of Fire" match, though I'm guessing that it's basically a new name for the Inferno Match.

If it is an Inferno Match, then I'm a little curious as to how they'll pull this off. It's all but impossible for Bray Wyatt to lose his debut match so, again if it's an Inferno Match, Kane is going to be the one who burns. I'm assuming that he'll come out wearing some sort of different ring attire that covers up most of his body and that the attire will be made of some sort of flame ******ant material, or at least there'll be another layer of said material under his ring gear.

not sure on the gimmick match so soon, but i do think Bray goes over here as he's debuting his new character, but i dont like the whole ring of fire thing if it is just a new name for an Inferno match as i think it's too soon for these two to have a gimmick match. i think the best way for them to start a the feud (in a match) is for it to just be one on one.

My guess is the gimmick they are using is to distract from the match itself. I like Bray but he's an unorthodox wrestler and his character is his main strength right now, and Kane has looked a bit sluggish to me lately, so I think WWE know that while this is the ideal feud for Bray from a character standpoint, the two are unlikely to mesh well in the ring, just like the ugly Kane vs Ambrose matches back in June.

If Bray doesn't win I'll be surprised, but getting burned may just add a layer to his character, put it this way, losing this type of match wont hurt him IMO.

I've never heard of a "Ring of Fire" match, though I'm guessing that it's basically a new name for the Inferno Match.

My history may be a little rusty but bear with me. Im guessing the name switch is due to the fact that in an Inferno Match it wasnt over until you burned your opponent. And im guessing in the Ring of Fire match it will be just a regular win by pinfall or submission inside the ring which happens to be surrounded by fire..

My history may be a little rusty but bear with me. Im guessing the name switch is due to the fact that in an Inferno Match it wasnt over until you burned your opponent. And im guessing in the Ring of Fire match it will be just a regular win by pinfall or submission inside the ring which happens to be surrounded by fire..

This seems like a safe bet.

Also, there's no way in hell (pun intended) that Bray Wyatt loses this match. It wouldn't make any sense, and Kane has generally been used to put other people over when he's back in singles competition.

not sure on the gimmick match so soon, but i do think Bray goes over here as he's debuting his new character....

For sure. It's the spectacle of the fire gimmick that evokes interest in this match, certainly not the result. It's way too early since his re-debut for Bray to lose and there's no particular reason to have Kane win. Plus, we know for sure Bray's "cousins" aren't going to stay out of this, guaranteeing a beating to any opponent of Bray's, in the same manner no one was allowed to tangle with a member of Shield without his buddies there to disrupt any semblance of a one-on-one contest.

Due to the interference from Bray's family, the ring of fire gimmick might not come into play, either......it won't be needed with Kane already stretched out in the ring.

To get anywhere against Bray, Kane needs some reinforcement; hardly anyone else would look to go it alone. Unless he simply loses the war and gives up, it will be interesting to see who he enlists. Maybe he gets Johnny Cash to come back to life and sing the title song?

Kane will lose this match for sure and after he loses, the brainwash will be complete and he'll leave the ring in a trance, under Bray Wyatt's control. That's how I see this playing out. Kane seems like the perfect veteran to join the Wyatt Family and it will give them some real credibility.

This seems like a safe bet.

Also, there's no way in hell (pun intended) that Bray Wyatt loses this match. It wouldn't make any sense, and Kane has generally been used to put other people over when he's back in singles competition.

I'm going to slightly disagree with you on this but it's only on the wording. I don't think there's no way in hell Kane wins and here's the reason why.

I'm still thinking it's going to be pretty much an inferno match which means first person "caught on fire" loses. Now whilst it makes all sense that Bray Wyatt would win this match, I could see this particular scenario playing out.

They're going at it and Bray gets the upperhand and looks as if he has beaten Kane and instead of finishing him be walks to the middle of be ring puts his hands up like he did with R-Truth and allows himself to be burned. Now whilst this may seem completely bizarre remember we're dealing with Bray Wyatt and truthfully I could see that happening, and some sort of promo where he ends up actually recruiting Kane out of this. Something to the extent of " I didn't want to burn bridges Kane (laughs) but the only way the buzzards will stop following you is if you join those who call upon the buzzards to feast." (Yes I know kind of cheesy writing.)

Now with the following being said I fully expect Wyatt to win and Kane to still join them and everything goes down as expected however my entire point was I don't think it's a 100 percent certainty...yet.

now dont get me wrong, i dont mind the gimmick match, i dont mind it at all, but i just feel it's too soon for that type of match to be given in the first match (since his new debut). i think it should be one on one where the rest of the family get involved and attack Kane when the ref is down or have some type of cheap ending where Bray wins (like a grabbing of the foot or something), then in the next match set up a Ring of Fire match. i have no doubt though that Bray wins as it's his in-ring (as Bray) debut. i think it will be a good match, but i still wish they saved this for later like the 2nd or the blowoff match.

I hope there's a Johnny Cash reference somewhere during the buildup :p

On to the match its a good way to see what Bray can do in the ring without Harper and that other guy getting involved. Personally I could see Bray setting himself on fire just to prove a point, though despite what I said think the Wyatt Family will get involved and help Bray win.

Yeah, I don't think we'll actually see anybody burned here. I think we'll see a handful of moments, where Bray and Kane will tease burning each other, giving the audience the impression someone might catch on fire, but one or the other will pull back at the last second.

It should be a creepy and atmospheric match that really works for the two demonic and evil characters participating in it. I fully expect Bray to come out on top with the win. The Wyatts have lived up to the hype so far, and I don't see any real reason to stop their momentum now.

i agree with bray somehow setting himself partially on fire during or after the match. if during. it maybe after a longer match ans when both spent bray stands up and stretches out his arms and walks backwqrds into the fire.

I could see some surprises in this one, but with Bray debuting a new character I don't think he will lose so soon. The family will interfere helping Bray get the win, and Kane will either go away for a while or join them.

See this is the best part about Kane, one moment he is hugging trolls next he is in this dark, demonic feud with Bray Wyatt. Kane for HOF 2014.

Now then, Ring Of Fire, ye noones getting burned. That phase is over. I think we will find out the details in weeks to come and all, and this will be a reason why I'll tune into SSlam. It just makes so much kayfabe sense for Bray to go after Kane. Rather than just go after any top superstar to make a statement, they've made him feud with a dark character showcasing how 'two demons cannot exist under the same roof'. Kane, is a stellar actor. He pulls off his gimmick well and him and Wyatt should have something special at SSlam.

I maybe going out on a limb here, but I won't be surprised if we get Taker vs Bray for WM 30. And I'd be very cool with that.

It's pretty much a guarantee for Bray Wyatt to win this match. It was announced yesterday that Kane will reprise his role of Jacob Goodnight in a sequel to the 2006 horror film "See No Evil". When I read that, I knew that this match could be used as a way of writing Kane off television, which that seems to be the rumor going around right now, based on articles on the main page & on other sites. I'm not sure exactly when production of the film will begin, but I'm assuming that it'll be in the near future with WWE giving Kane a little time off before filming begins.

Since it SEEMS like Kane will PROBABLY be written off television, I think that increases the chance that he'll be "burned" in this match. I don't see WWE writing a monster like Kane off television without some sort of significant reason for doing so. Suffering some sort of "severe burns" in this match would, no doubt, be an effective means of doing it. Since Kane has gone back to wearing a wig as part of his gear, it has me wondering if Kane will wind up having his head "set on fire" so that he loses his "hair" as he was bald in the first film.

next to Lesner vs Punk, this is the match i am most looking forward to. I was a big fan of Bray Wyatt in NXT and its going to be nice to see him make his in ring debut on the main roster and I don't think there could be anybody better for Wyatt to debut against then Kane. As for the Match itself, I see Bray picking up the win, but until we Know if match is just going to be a inferno match under another name or something else all together, its pretty hard to say how the match will unfold, But i do see the match leading to Kane joining the wyatt family and I can see kane lossing his mask and getting a new look in the coming weeks after the match.

This would be a great way to write Kane of TV and to give the Wyatt's a little momentum. Their first few weeks have been ok, the promos good but the matches a little boring. I know they want to build but I think there is a danger the audience may loose interest.

I'd imagine that they have a ten minute match surrounded by fire then Harper and Rowan distract Kane; Wyatt hits the finisher and burns his arm or something. Setting people on fire isn't exactly PG so it they may not go down that route.

Can't see Wyatt losing this, I'm 99% sure he will win (never saying 100% again after Ryback v Mark Henry!). However, I'm not sure what will happen after watching tonight's Smackdown, with what Wyatt was saying that the family will always be there etc.

Pro Wrestling is a simple business, I was not hugely into this match, but that fantastic promo from Bray Wyatt tonight sold me. I see Cole clarified that it's just a regular match that takes place in a ring surrounded with fire, so burning stip.

Yeah, Bray ain't losing his first match that's for sure, and even though the stipulation doesn't call for anyone to get burned, I still think we'll see The Wyatts set Kane on fire after the match as a way to write him off TV so he can go film See No Evil 2. When The Big Red Monster returns, I can see him joining The Wyatt Family on his first night back, with Bray explaining the next week that he convinced Kane to join them while he was away. Or I could see Kane returning to attack The Wyatts, only for them to get the upperhand on him, and then...GONG! Taker returning aswell to help out his brother, leading to a 2-on-3 Handicap match between The Brothers and The Wyatts on PPV, and possibly inside Hell in a Cell.

I have a question. Did Bray Wyatt ever explain what his problem is with Kane? Maybe I missed something but I'm not sure why these two are feuding. I don't have a problem with the match. It seems like a good first feud and match for Wyatt but I have a feeling I'm missing part of the story. Can someone fill me in?

Having the gimmick match so soon has its ups and downs but if the main focus is to have Kane join the wyatt family, then its perfect. You could have the match and both kane and bray ending up outside. The wyatt family interferes and kane fights them off and gives Bray a boot or a punch which sends him almost into the fire. Bray stops himself and then smiles back up at kane and says something along the lines of "I understand your pain!" before backing up into the fire itself and lighting himself on fire. You could have people all around the ring to quickly extinguish the fire. Kane would win the match, but Bray would get into his head.

Having the gimmick match so soon has its ups and downs but if the main focus is to have Kane join the wyatt family, then its perfect. You could have the match and both kane and bray ending up outside. The wyatt family interferes and kane fights them off and gives Bray a boot or a punch which sends him almost into the fire. Bray stops himself and then smiles back up at kane and says something along the lines of "I understand your pain!" before backing up into the fire itself and lighting himself on fire. You could have people all around the ring to quickly extinguish the fire. Kane would win the match, but Bray would get into his head.

Only problem with this is, it's a pin and submission ending only, not the typical Inferno match rules. Kane is taking time off so I reckon he will get set on fire and burned again, most likely to write him off TV after the match by the family.

As Kane is going to be leaving soon to film the follow up to See No Evil, and with all the hype and push behind the Wyatt Family, I can't see Bray losing this one.

With the name of the match being changed, and the stipulation changing from the loser being set on fire to simply pinfalls and submissions inside the ring, I doubt we will see anyone set on fire either, but just seeing the ring surrounded by flames will make this a spectacle, and still an incredibly dangerous match!

I expect we will see some interference from Harper and Rowan too, no way will Wyatt do this on his own. Depending on when he is leaving for the movie, Kane will either lose and then disappear, or become a member of the Wyatt Family for a short while before something happens to send him away from the WWE for a while to make his film. Either way, it would make no sense for Bray to lose this, and he WILL come away with the win.

I have a question. Did Bray Wyatt ever explain what his problem is with Kane? Maybe I missed something but I'm not sure why these two are feuding. I don't have a problem with the match. It seems like a good first feud and match for Wyatt but I have a feeling I'm missing part of the story. Can someone fill me in?

I'm not sure either other than the Wyatts cost Kane the MITB position? Not sure why they picked on him though?

Pretty decent midcard feud here, can't see anything than a Bray win here and Kane being written off (if the reports are true)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back