• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce LD: Heavyweight Grand Pricks

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Semifinals
  • Heavyweight Bout: Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov
  • Heavyweight Bout: Daniel Cormier vs. Antonio Silva
Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
  • Middleweight Bout: Luke Rockhold vs. Ronaldo Souza

• Light Heavyweight Bout: Muhammed Lawal vs. Roger Gracie
  • Lightweight Bout: Pat Healy vs. Maximo Blanco

Low effort OP, but this should be a good card tonight. Feijao Cavalcante just had a sick knockout over Yoel Romero on the HDNet Prelims.

Card is on Showtime at 10. No asking for streams.

Ahhhhh, didn't know Strikeforce was on tonight. Got Bellator on. I'll try to find a replay maybe Monday just to see Jacare and Gracie. I can't stand Josh Barnett; I feel like he is a cancer and a bad image of the sport from his steroid usage. Silva will knock out Cormier early, and win this tournament in my opinion.

Every time I see that turd I want to throw something at my TV. I told my buddy whose sitting behind Mauro to hit him for me.

Fucking Underground app told me 12. Just flicked it on and already have it muted. Can't fucking take this announce team...

diXFd.png

No way, to win a fight all you have to do is avoid getting hit? Ground breaking, Shamrock...

Miletich had the best commentary ever. "It would be cool to have a twin." I actually like that man.

I really did not understand the Roger Gracie hype train going around. He has never overly impressed me and King Mo showed he has no chin. Not a Mo supporter at all but he proved exactly what I thought. Gracie is good on the ground but God have mercy on his soul if he can't get it there.

I think good is an understatement. Best BJJ artist in the world and possibly the best of all time. It's gotta be tough learning striking with the awkward frame he has.

You're reading to much into what I'm saying. I would never argue against him not being the greatest BJJ fighter in the world. Though I do seem to hear that a lot about several fighters. :rolleyes:. I still just don't get the hype because he has never shown anything resembling being well rounded. He's a great one trick pony but that pony just got knocked the fuck out.

I was just bullshitting around. Creating discussion because i'm hella bored. The only people that have any claim to greatest BJJ fighter in the world are Marcelo Garcia, Roger Gracie, Jacare, and Xande. Fuck the hype commentators give lol. He won't be a contender because of his severe disadvantage in striking, but he can become apart of some fun fights. Had to assume he would eventually be exposed considering how stiff he is when he strikes.

I was just bullshitting around. Creating discussion because i'm hella bored. The only people that have any claim to greatest BJJ fighter in the world are Marcelo Garcia, Roger Gracie, Jacare, and Xande. Fuck the hype commentators give lol. He won't be a contender because of his severe disadvantage in striking, but he can become apart of some fun fights. Had to assume he would eventually be exposed considering how stiff he is when he strikes.

Tends to be the case with the best BJJ guys. What are your thoughts on Maia because I've heard his name thrown around as best BJJ practitioner in the world as well.

Maia is easily top 10 and potentially top 5. You dont get a 4th degree black belt at his age without being amazing. The reason I dont mention his name is he has never won a absolute championship or to my knowledge, tapped the best guys in a competition. He is gifted as they come, but i wouldnt consider him top 5. I have Werdum higher than him.

Good to know. I have very limited knowledge about the BJJ world other then what I see in the big companies. Thanks for the insight man.

Cormier is a dick but had one impressive fight. And Barnett did exactly what I knew he needed to do to win. Sergei is still the man.

Great show tonight.

Can't believe Rockhold won. He impressed the fuck out of me with his performance.

And man... Cormier's a monster. Can't wait for him vs. Barnett. That's an impossible fight to predict.

I like Cormier and his fight against Josh will be SICK. I hate Barnett for cheating but he's funny as fuck and a great fighter. As for BJJ, Maia is very highly regarded. Currently though, he isnt top 5 because he doesnt compete. It's hard to rank Grapplers because it's a lifetime art. The top guys now are the ones I addressed in my first post. Robert Drysdale is another very good BJJ practicioner as is Vinny Magalhães. Both fight in MMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back