Valentijn Overeem vs. Ray Sefo
Gian Villante vs. Chad Griggs

Undercard
Marc Stevens vs. John Cholish
Igor Gracie vs. John Salgado
Anthony Leone vs. Josh LaBerge
Jason McLean vs. Kevin Roddy
Don Carlo-Clauss vs. Sam Oropeza​

Should be a lot of fun with two explosive first round fights in the Strikeforce Grand Prix. Fedor is widely by many as the greatest of all time and is always enjoyable to watch. He gets to stake his claim at being the best Heavyweight and GOAT beginning with his fight with Big Foot. However, Big Foot is a very solid fighter and a massive man. It will be fun to see if Fedor can once again overcome a size advantage and win a big fight or to see if Big Foot can get the biggest win of his career.

The other first round fight for the SF Grand Prix is between Andrei Arlovski and Sergei Kharitonov. Both men are legends in the Heavyweight division but made their marks in different organizations. Kharitonov was very successful in PRIDE, whereas AA is a former UFC Heavyweight champion and probably one of the most recognizable fighters of the last 10 or so years. Both men love to throw bombs so this could be a war for the ages.

The reserve bouts should be interesting to watch as well. The fighters may not be as well known but I am sure they will try their best to showcase why they should be the ones to step in if someone gets hurt. I personally look forward to seeing Lil' Overeem fight, I have never seen him fight before, and if he performs like his brother then it should be quiet a sight to behold.

Uninterested except for Fedor. Pretty much the only guy who I look forward to watching in Strikeforce.

Completely uninterested. I like Jacare, but I wouldn't drop everything to watch a fight of his. Everyone else fights less than stellar competition.

The thing is, Strikeforce fighters go out to fight and put on a great show. Nearly all their fighters are like that, because they know they can lose 3 straight and still keep a job, as long they put on a good show for the fans.

That's the difference between Strikeforce and the UFC. Strikeforce fighters fight to fight, while UFC fighters fight to win. UFC fighters know all it takes is one really bad loss for them to get cut, so most of them end up being super cautious out there, which is why a lot of UFC fights end up being a snoozefest.

The last two Strikeforce cards have been pretty good. I believe they are starting to come into their own as a promotion but they do still need to add some depth to their divisions.

Wait, I'm on the west coast will the fight be airing at 7 here since everything is three hours early over here on DirecTV? Silly quesiton I know but I've been drinking ha.

We should all know by now that Fizzy is not a fan of SF at all.

Their past few cards have been damn entertaining for the most part.

Gus Johnson looks like he's wearing lipstick, Mauro Ranallo has his douchemeter turned up to a solid 8.5 already, and Frank "Adult Braces" Shamrock, as always, is a clown.

Strap in, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back