Strategies for the election

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Ok guys, first of all I have a video clip to show you from the video game Dragon Age Origins, right before the battle at Denerim. I will be using it as an analogy to what is going on right now.

[YOUTUBE]iyMiSsSfVo4[/YOUTUBE]

This final stage in the campaign is going to be nothing short of a war. While I am confident in my own abilities, I will still welcome all the help I can get. Alistair (me) is rallying his troops (you guys) to prepare them for the battle that looms on the horizon against the Archdemon (Coco and The Crock) as well as Darkspawn Generals (guys like Doc and JGlass who have been a massive thorn in my side for the past year or more) and the darkspawn horde (troll supporter underlings).

The announcement of campaign ads has guaranteed that this can, and probably will, get ugly. I would like to keep this as clean of a campaign as possible. If we are attacked, we should fight back. Let's try to keep the mudslinging to a minimum if we can. KB has to approve every ad/sig/etc that is to be used. I would want you to PM me a description or copy first as well.

Much like in the video game, I will go after the main two enemies myself in the debate but will need backup to keep consistently putting over myself as well as my platform against the underlings and the horde. Do not give in to the insults of the trolls, defend me if something uncalled for is said. So like Alistair and the Grey Warden from Dragon Age calling in their troops for reinforcements against the horde as they focus on the Archdemon, I request assistance against the inevitable wave of mudslinging from the underlings. My focus is on Coco and Crock in the debate.

Remember we are a team! There are 60 of us and united together we will slay the Archdemon. Alistair and the other playable heroes have a much easier time in that fight if their army of elves, dwarves, soldiers, golems, werewolves, and mages who support them are ready to jump into combat when needed.

Dagger for mod! ABC Party members, unite!

(this can be a general campaign strategy thread. discuss anything related to the election. think of it as our official HQ within the ABC Party forum)

Thanks again guys!

(yes im aware this accidentally got posted in the wrong thread earlier. I emailed KB and it will be dealt with.)

Just have a good look at the rulebook before you go into the debate. Your passion isn't a secret to anyone but some people may question you on your knowledge of the rules. If you have made any past indiscretions like that post reporting spree that everyone seems to mention, just tell them that you now have a better understanding of the rules now.

I dunno.... Maybe stand up for yourself, WITHOUT LOSING YOUR COOL, in JGlass' thread of Dagger bashing.

Even if you had my vote before, you'd lose it now by not standing up for yourself.

I dunno.... Maybe stand up for yourself, WITHOUT LOSING YOUR COOL, in JGlass' thread of Dagger bashing.

Even if you had my vote before, you'd lose it now by not standing up for yourself.

I'm not sure if I would agree with this. I really see little for Dagger to gain by entering the chaos of that thread, all of which is pointless negativity directed squarely at him. It's like putting a drop of Dagger's blood into a shark tank, then accusing him of cowardice for refusing to go in for a swim.

Dagger needs to stand his ground and focus on maintaining the support he already has, and try to expand upon that if he can. Honestly, nothing he could say in that thread is going to change the minds of those who so vehemently oppose him. Waging that battle will only blow up in his face.

You want support? Then get your ass out there and actually show us why we should support you. There's a number of people bad-mouthing you (by number, I mean a freakin' lot) and you have done nothing to prove them wrong. I have nothing against you. But you beat me. Now show me why I should follow you and support you.

Killjoy is 100% right. You need to show people why they should vote for you. You cannot guarantee that everyone who voted Killjoy and hatehabs will back you in this stage, and to assume so would be foolish on your part. I'm backing you, but you need to make a point of drumming up support NOW.

I'm not sure if I would agree with this. I really see little for Dagger to gain by entering the chaos of that thread, all of which is pointless negativity directed squarely at him. It's like putting a drop of Dagger's blood into a shark tank, then accusing him of cowardice for refusing to go in for a swim.

A fair amount of their arguments consist of Dagger losing his shit when personally attacked, and how he is a coward ducking any confrontation. This would be the perfect opportunity for him to try and keep cool, calm and collected and prove them wrong on both accounts.

Dagger needs to stand his ground and focus on maintaining the support he already has, and try to expand upon that if he can. Honestly, nothing he could say in that thread is going to change the minds of those who so vehemently oppose him. Waging that battle will only blow up in his face.

And if he handles himself in the proper manner while attempting to disproving his naysayers, he has the potential to gain additional support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back