• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stop "Titling" Episodes of iMPACT!, Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Does this annoy anyone else? I know it seems like a petty thing to complain about, but IMO it actually takes away from the actual action of the show by making it seem like a soap opera, or some kind of sitcom – any type of television programing that title their "episodes". I realize all wrestling shows are episodic but it just seems silly to name each week's episode as if it's some kind of TNT drama.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I don’t mind them giving titles to each episode of Impact. But I’d probably feel the same way if they didn’t give them titles. So yes, I do think it’s a petty to complain about. Them giving titles to each episode doesn’t really make a difference for me because what I’m more worried about is what happens during the show and how they entertain me…not some title they give to the newest episode.

The show having a title or not does NOT take away from the action that happens during the show and I’d love to see you explain how it does. Also, wrestling is basically a soap opera for men in case you hadn’t noticed. It’s been that way for a very, very long time.

Maybe that was a poor choice of words. I quickly forget about it being titled, so it's not that it takes away from the action, but IMO it does generally degrade the initial power of the show opening up.

All I can say is I'm continually amazed at some of the things that people will find to complain about. A title that appears on the screen once, for no more that a few seconds? :disappointed:

All I can say is I'm continually amazed at some of the things that people will find to complain about. A title that appears on the screen once, for no more that a few seconds? :disappointed:

I do agree with you that it is petty to complain about such things. However when TNA decides to produce the show like it is coming live from location, it is something that will have to go. Giving the title of the script kind of tips the hand of the show.

i really like the titling of each show. i think wwe will eventually do this also. just one small example would be it will make searching for specific happenings in a company much, much easier for fans. vince loves hiring soap opera writers for his shows anyway, so im actually surprised he hasnt adopted it already.

im a BSG nerd and when talking about it, i can name episodes with other BSG nerds and they know what im talking about but if i name season whatever, episode whatever it becomes more difficult to recall the show and what happened.

of course the whole topic is such a minor part of wrestling but i see positives and not many negatives against it and anything that can organize (and modernize) the business is a good thing.

Personally, I think it's great. For some reason, the first thing that came to mind is the NBC drama "Heroes." Each episode has a title which hints at that episode's theme. Going forward, it'll make the show much more easily searched (as someone else noted). Besides, I don't mind the idea of watching a serialized athletic drama. That's what it is, so why not?

Wrestling is an episodic, weekly television show, akin to many other dramas on television. Everytime i turn on Raw I used to hear JR and now Michael Cole touting that it is the longest running weekly series on TV. Because TNA is able to edit and put a title on their show, shouldn't bother you at all. Wrestling shows are to be viewed as a whole. If there is one poor segment, It doesn't make the show suck overall.

You know, most taped wrestling shows are titled. I can't remember if Raw is or not but I know Smackdown! is titled, they just don't show it at the beginning like TNA does. I think it's just TNA trying to be different again.

I think TNA needs to quit trying to appear live. It doesn't change my enjoyment of the show and I know I'll see the whole match if they take a commercial break in the middle of a match. No more of the split screen showing what "happened during the break". Just pick back up where you left off.

I like it. As someone above said, it's something slightly different from the WWE, just like the graphic that shows the wrestlers height/weight and finisher or other info when they come out. Nothing big, but just enough to make you notice and intrigue you a little bit.

The beginning with the title is just epic though with the voice over guy. Sorta give TNA a big event feel, or something like that.

I don't like the event titles, or the six-sided ring, but neither one is a big problem.

Neither one is the reason that TNA isn't drawing PPVs or building higher ratings or selling house show tickets or has bad storylines or anything else bad.

Unless someone was doing a total reboot of the product, down to the name, leave the titles alone. It's not like removing the titles would get people to watch.

TNA doesn't have much that stands it out from WWE, but the titles are one of them. I think that they are quite a nice addition, and they certainly don't detract from the product in the slightest. It's probably a better sucking in mechanism then having the commentators simply list the matches, a la WWE, so I say leave it be. If you hate it that much, look away for the two seconds it is onscreen.

I Don't Have a Problem with that as long as They Have a Polished/Clean Cut Product with a Push & Development of Young Talent Like AJ Styles,Desmond Wolfe,Eric Young , Homicide & More . Also Have Hulk Hogan not wrestle or Hold no Titles but be in a GM Type of Role

This has bothered me too. I know the show is taped, but when I watch Impact, or even SD!, I want to think it is live. I don't read spoilers so that I can get that feel. Titling the episode tells me that someone knows what's about to happen.

I quickly move past it, but it does make it a bit harder to suspend disbelief.

Oh God. TNA has FAR bigger problems than them titling their damn episodes. I could care less if the episodes were titled if they made any God damn sense.

It doesn't bother me one way or the other.

The title is only on the screen for about 4 or 5 seconds anyway.

I don't really see how it takes away from the action, unless you feel that the titles are a sort of unintended spoiler?

Having a weekly title is just how 90% of Television operates anyway.

I can't say I'd actually thought about it much until now...

I think it takes something away from the show.

Because, when you know the title of an episode fans will indeed predict what might or might not happen.

One time, I think they said something like "Frontline takes control" or "young guys take control", I don't know, but it's wrong to do that. People will predict what will happen in that episode, and also it takes away from the show the fact that its seems a lot more 'tapped' when you title your episodes, you don't see WWE doing that on RAW, but they do on SmackDown!, in my honest opinion nothing good comes with that.

This is the best discussion TNA gets? Seriously, the product quality is improving week to week and this is what we are talking about?

It makes no difference, if you think it takes away from the show then when it pops up blink and youll probably miss it anyway...

It does NOTHING to take away from anything....

People really need to find more worthwhile shit to complain about.

Just My Opinion

This is the best discussion TNA gets? Seriously, the product quality is improving week to week and this is what we are talking about?

It makes no difference, if you think it takes away from the show then when it pops up blink and youll probably miss it anyway...

It does NOTHING to take away from anything....

People really need to find more worthwhile shit to complain about.

Just My Opinion

Sure it does. Just as one of the users above you noted. It takes away the "live" feeling from the show, because often the titles act a bit like spoilers.

If EY is getting a big push, let me see it when it happens. Don't title the show "Eric's Big Shot".

I don't mind the titles. They're only on for a few seconds, and they don't give too much away. We all know it's taped, and most people read spoilers, so a small heading for each episode is nothing major. It's not like they start off with "New Champ" or "Historic Arrival". They're usually short and sweet, and get your head reeling with what could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back