• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting In the WWE HOF?

TNA cross the line

Pre-Show Stalwart
Long after he retires from TNA im talkin 10 years or more will the WWE ask Steve Borden if he would like to be in the HOF would vince even consider it and would sting go along with it? I think with all the stuff he did in the NWA-WCW he is more than qualified and with WWE owning everything WCW does that give sting a shot at the WWE HOF?

I dont think so. Sure WWE owns WCW's wrestling archive but to receive such an honor wouldnt you have to be an employee of WWE and wrestle for the company?

Plus Vince might have some grudge for Sting not ever wanting to sign up with them.

I dont see it happening.

To me it depends on what the fate of TNA is. Yes, he won as many titles as is almost humanly possible and has been a main event guy for about 20 years now, but he works for the competition at the moment. If TNA becomes just another trophy on Vince's wall, then yes, Sting will one day be in the WWE HOF as he certainly belongs. However, if TNA becomes a real threat unless Sting makes a last second in his career jump, then no he'll never be enshrined as he certainly should be.

I may be wrong but the American Dream never wrestled for wwe and he is in the HOF but he is a figure backstage which makes sence that he is in the HOF and i think there might be a few more that are in the HOF that never worked for vince and if Bret can get in anything is possible

I may be wrong but the American Dream never wrestled for wwe and he is in the HOF but he is a figure backstage which makes sence that he is in the HOF and i think there might be a few more that are in the HOF that never worked for vince and if Bret can get in anything is possible

ya you are wrong...and this topic has been done to death but will sting go in the hall of fame..I think he will some day because he is what vince owns and if seen sting in show cut scenes from wwe so with that being said sting does stand a chance to be in the wwe as one of the greats from wcw that vince know owns...

Yes, Sting will be in the WWE Hall of Fame one day. I doubt Vince will keep him out just because he never worked for him. If it’s going to make him some money then you can bet that he will most definitely induct him. Sting deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, even if Vince’s Hall of Fame means shit and isn’t legitimate. Now if this was a legit Hall of Fame, then Sting would definitely be in it. He has all the credentials and even though he hasn’t done the same things that Hogan or Austin did for pro-wrestling, he still has done a lot.

Now, will Sting accept an induction? My guess would be yes if he was offered. Sting’s a smart man, right? Well if he is then he knows that once he is done with TNA he has to stay on good terms with Vince. Vince basically owns Sting’s whole career or at least the most important parts of his career. I think that’s a good enough reason for Sting to accept an induction into Vince’s Hall of Fame.

The problem with the WWE Hall of Fame is that it's just that, a WWE Hall of Fame or to be exact, a Vince McMahon Wrestling Hall of Fame. It's not an actual wrestling hall of fame or else there would be much different guys in there then currently are. You'd have Bruno and Macho Man and Million Dollar Man instead of Koko B Ware.

With that said, like others said, if TNA becomes a legitimate rival to WWE in terms of buyrates and stays that way, Vince will never let Sting set foot in that Hall of Fame. However, if TNA fails and becomes, like KB said, just another trophy on Vince's bookshelf, I'm also not certain Sting will set foot in it basely solely on his own refusal to. This very topic comes up at every HOF and everyone's response deals with whether or not Vince will let him in. Sting did not want to be a part of the company after the takeover, I'm not certain he'll want to be a part of its Hall of Fame. After all, like I said, it's WWE's and Vince's hall of fame, not a wrestling one. The only way I can definitively say he will is if he has one run in WWE

The Hall of Fame has ALOT of wrestlers/personalities that never stepped foot in a WWE ring (Verne Gagne, and Gordon Solie just to name a few) where others who helped shape the company (Savage and Sammartino) are being left out because of personal issues.

Since Sting is the big name that he is (arguably the biggest star to never wrestle for the WWE) I think he will be in the HOF. He obviously isn't in the doghouse with the WWE (or else he wouldn't be featured in the Greatest Superstars of the 90's DVD and every good thing ever said about Sting in an interview(ala flair), would never be shown on WWE television) and I have never heard a bad thing about Sting ever said on WWE television.

Overall Sting has the 2 intangibles needed to be in the WWE HOF
1) He was a big star (much bigger than some of the names currently in there, Johnny Rodz was a jobber for 30 years and he made it in)
2) He isn't in the WWE Doghouse
It'll probably be 5-10 years but he'll be in it assuming they keep the HOF going that long.

You are in fact incorrect, Dusty Rhodes wrestled in the WWF for 2 years from 1989-1991.

As for Sting, I'm not sure. I don't see it happening anytime soon, though it has nothing to do with the fact that he's never wrestled for the WWE and was one of WCW's bigggest draws. It has to do with the fact that he wrestles for TNA, the current competition. If TNA were to fold, than I'd say sure Sting would probably be inducted. But as long as TNA is alive, and as long as Sting is in someway involved with them I don't see it happening. We're not going to be seeing any Jerry or Jeff Jarrett inductions anytime soon either.

Sence WWE put in Vern Gagne and Solie why not put Sting in the WWE Hall Of Fame one day Sting is a great performer and I know Vince is probably still kickin him self in the ass because Sting didnt want to work for Mc Mahon whitch to me in all fairness Sting didnt '' Sell Out '' like a lot of guys like Bret Hart or Savage Hogan Hall and Nash when they all went to wCw but yes i agree with alot of people on here Sting should be inducted in to the WWE Hall Of Fame oh and by the way for the person who didnt know that '' Big Dust '' was in The WWF in 89-91 watch Summer Slam 90 and 91 do you not remember Ted Dibiase buyin Sweet Sapphiire a full mink coat a Rolls Royce Diamond Rings and then at Summer Slam 1990 Dibiase bought Sapphire.

Sence WWE put in Vern Gagne and Solie why not put Sting in the WWE Hall Of Fame one day Sting is a great performer and I know Vince is probably still kickin him self in the ass because Sting didnt want to work for Mc Mahon whitch to me in all fairness Sting didnt '' Sell Out '' like a lot of guys like Bret Hart or Savage Hogan Hall and Nash when they all went to wCw but yes i agree with alot of people on here Sting should be inducted in to the WWE Hall Of Fame oh and by the way for the person who didnt know that '' Big Dust '' was in The WWF in 89-91 watch Summer Slam 90 and 91 do you not remember Ted Dibiase buyin Sweet Sapphiire a full mink coat a Rolls Royce Diamond Rings and then at Summer Slam 1990 Dibiase bought Sapphire.

Not to mention, his matches with "Superstar" Billy Graham from the late seventies.

And yes, Sting will one day be in the Hall of Fame, as long as he accepts it when he is asked.

I don't see it. I just don't. You can't overlook the fact that Sting never wrestled for the WWE at all. Never. Not once. I'm on the side of I see it as the following:

It is the WWE HOF. It is no kind of offical wrestling HOF for anything. It's a kayfabe hall that just adds to the excitement of Wrestlemania weekend. Nothing more. Now I'm no wrestling historian or anything, but I don't believe every single person in the WWE HOF wrestled for the WWE either. But I see Sting as a different story. Is Sting a legend of the business? Yes he is. But he was a top star , in a rival company, that never did anything for Vince. Now I believe that Vince has respect for Sting and the things he did in the business... but I don't believe Sting will ever be associated with the WWE in any way, shape, or form. The only exception is in the tape library of WCW that Vince owns and any possible DVD release of some sort. For the TV buffs out there... it would be like CBS putting Jay Leno in a television HOF. Leno never worked for CBS but he undoubtedly contributed a lot to late night television and was the replacement for the great Johnny Carson. So in my analogy... Sting is like Jay Leno...and the WWE is like CBS. Rival networks, rival companies, etc... I can't honestly see Sting in the WWE HOF.

Besides, if Vince asked Sting to be in the WWE HOF, I believe Sting would turn him down in a heartbeat... in a respectable manner of course because that's the type of guy Sting is. I've never been a huge Sting fan myself, but his accomplishments in the business can't be ignored. I have all the respect in the world for him but he just never wowed me. He's a guy that everybody respects. I believe Vince is included in that group. So will Vince ask Sting? I'm sure he will. But will Sting accept? I really doubt it. Sting just seems to be the type of guy who wants to show that he "made it" without Vince McMahon. He didn't need to be associated with the WWE during his career, and Sting doesn't need the WWE after his career is over either.

One thing your all forgetting is,,, THERE IS NO WWE HALL OF FAME...ITS A FREKING SHAME, THERES NO BUILDING, NOTHING...Plus remember anyone in the WWE Hall of fame,, its what VKM Made you, you can be the best wrestler but if VKM dosnt promote you the nyour no were. And No Sting will not go to the WWE Hall Of Fame. Not gonna happen, VKM Has a hard head he wont "induct" the guy who basicly said I WILL NEVER WORK FOR VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON...Wont happen

I doubt STING aka Steve Borden will take the offer to accept WWE HOF Never ever he dislikes McMahon and has no reason to go there! He will head to NWA where they inducted Ric Flair on their Legend Hall of Fame

Simply put, I think Sting will be in the WWE Hall of Fame yes. I think that once he leaves TNA he will receive an invitation to be inducted...despite what some have said, the word is that Sting and the McMahons have a mutual respect for one another (I don't think Sting is on the shitlist despite working for TNA, otherwise he would not be included in so many WWE DVD's over the years) and Vince recognizes how great a star Sting was/is, so I imagine he will be inducted and for that matter I would also envisage Steve Borden accepting the offer.

Of course I could be wrong but I just don't see him turning it down, whether he worked for Vince or not...and knowing Sting (he's known as a smart business man), he will probably open negotations with Vince around the time of his induction for the release of a DVD on his career (which the WWE has tried putting out before) to coincide with his induction.

Does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?....YES!

Will he accept?....Hard to say?

Will he be asked?...Yes i think so after his TNA contract expires.

On a different topic but related alot of you are right there is no ACTUAL WWE Hall of Fame, but i suspect now that its been going for awhile that there someday will, it would be a major tourist attraction that would make money, and botom line is VKM likes to MAKE $$$$$$$!

On that note nobody has mentioned that Vince will likely if he is smart offer Sting a spot in the HOF, and co-inciede him going in the HOF he will release a 3 Disc DVD Set of Stings Career Highlights, if anybody deserves one, and has the matches and material to fill one its Sting, and with VKM owning his catalog he isnt just gonna sit on what would probably be one of his best selling DVD sets to date!

Yes we ALL know it would be awesome if he would do a run, even a small one there id mark out huge for a program with Shawn Michaels...Mr. WWE vs Mr. WCW in a DREAM program, or what about a Sting vs Undertaker match at MANIA! But those will probably go down as the biggest DREAM matches to NEVER happen, but then again were talkin about VKM so never say never!

I think a Sting 3 disc dvd set would have been out already.

I think the reason WWE hasnt done this is because Sting is still an active member in TNA.

My point is, if a newer generation of viewers watch that 3 disc Sting set, they'll say "wow, that Sting guy looks cool, I wanna see him on tv" and end up tuning to TNA. Vince doesnt want that.

To be honest, I'm not too sure. He's an icon in wrestling, that's not even debatable. But unless Sting actually works for the WWE at some point, I don't see it happening. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the WWE HoF just for people who have been with the WWE at one point or another?

But if Sting worked for the WWE for a year or so, then I can see it happening for sure. He's a legend, and he deserves it. If he doesn't work for the WWE, then I don't see it happening, purely because he didn't work for the WWE.

I, for one, hope Sting gets inducted, but I think we’ll see the Ultimate Maniacs inducted first, before Sting.

What kind of craziness would it be if the WWE were to just have a year where all the inductees are the ones with beef with VKM?? That might be the year Vince steps down from the Top. Do you think Shane, Steph, and HHH would be willing to look past Vince’s grudges in the future, and do “what’s best for business”?? Does anyone have a list of “Should be” WWE HOFers somewhere??

Wow...this shouldn't even be a dispute.
Without question Sting will be in the WWE HOF. Soon? Probably not, because Dixie is trying to get one more yet out of him and even when he retires, the TNA label would have to wither away long enough for him to be known as a retired legend.

With addition to the fact that he is my all-time favorite wrestler, his accomplishments leave room for no dispute to his merit:
*9 time NWA/WCW World Champion
*2 time WCW US Champion
*1 time NWA TV Champion
*3 time WCW Tag Team Champion
*3 time NWA/TNA World Champion
*1 time TNA World Tag Team Champion
*and a grocery list of other major titles, championships, and rewards

Yes Vince can be known as a maniacal, self-gratifying authoritarian to the public eye, but deep down, he has a general respect for the wrestling business as a whole. If Nick Bockwinkel (someone who never wrestled for WWE) was inducted in the HOF because of being a frontrunner in the AWA for so long, SURELY Sting will be inducted for having the same level of accomplishments in the NWA/WCW.

Oh, one more thing. Two words: PETE ROSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back