State of the WWE

i like the brand split when they first had it with the one main title and that guy was defending it on both shows, keep the IC and US title for each show and keep ECW and its 1 title for the young guns and let them go at it...i personally love watching ECW with the likes of Morrison and CM Punk fighting its fresh and different to the other shows in regards with the names...yeah it sucks ECW isnt like it used to but they still wrestled on ECW not just beat the crap out of eachother with flaming barbed wire bats all the time. I do agree that using the name is rediculous when you only have 3 origonal talents on the show and 2 of them are announcers from the old era ecw

Before people start running in here trying to play "Captain Save-A-Hoe" .. know that I'm not here to criticize anyone that is in love with WWE.

The whole purpose of this thread/poll is to find out why exactly you love the company and current product.

After answering the poll feel free to state why you love WWE and how long you've been a fan.

The love for WWE is strong I want to know why. Along with answering that question maybe we can get to how a new company can develop the same kind of love.

What would that take?

What would another wrestling company have to do to get you to leave WWE and come to them??

Here's a list of what I'd like a wrestling company to have:

1) More flexible storylines - The current WWE doesn't have much variety of storyline. There's not much controversies, not much imagination. It's sorta stale. So far, the freshest storyline in the WWE (IMO) is Edge and Vickie, (and also the incest story line, but it doesn't seem to be developing now). I want to see more variety of storylines.

2) Unpredictability - Keep us guessing. Wrestlemania 24 was pretty unpredictable. I thought Orton will lose the WWE title. I'd no idea that Punk was Mr. MITB. However, it was predictable that Undertaker retained. Wrestlemania 24 was unpredictable. They should keep this up.

3) Real wrestling - i don't mean not having a scripted outcome. Have a scripted outcome if you want. It's just that i'm sick of seeing punches being thrown around all the time and that there are little techniques being applied. I'd like to see the grappling style.

4) Hardcore wrestling

I guess I would like to see them take more time putting together good solid matches like they do their promos for there wrestlers. WWE stars cut the best promos in the World they have that down i just wish they would let their superstars show what they have got in the ring. Maybe use some psychology integrate some matwork and possibly develope a harder hitting style. That way the WWE would have it all.

Here's a list of what I'd like a wrestling company to have:

1) More flexible storylines - The current WWE doesn't have much variety of storyline. There's not much controversies, not much imagination. It's sorta stale. So far, the freshest storyline in the WWE (IMO) is Edge and Vickie, (and also the incest story line, but it doesn't seem to be developing now). I want to see more variety of storylines.

MORE controversial? Everyone nearly had a heart attack regarding the incest storyline. The majority still negatively speak about the Katie Vick storyline. Fans need to sort their priorites out, because when WWE don't do anything controversial (However I don't see how you can't see today brand as controversial anyway), people complain, but when they step it up a little, there is just as many, if not more complaints.

In my opinion, the WWE is getting a lot better recently. The lead up to Wm is the most excited I've been about WWE for a couple of years, and I wasn't let down. Continue this, and I see them back on track to less complaints. Because really that's all I hear nowadays.

I know I bash the WWE for "not doing what I want them to do" but after I thought about, if they did everything I wanted them to do then I would be bitching about how "predictable they are"

what I think the WWE need to do, is just suprise fans more, like Orton winning eventhough I thought he would, but majority did not, they was a great move on their part, you need to try and build up that young great heel and say what you want about Orton, not mic skills or charisma blah blah blah but the guy is a damn good heel with a very cocky attitude the type of attitude you just love to hate, you have to get him them, at least he can draw boo's LOL

what I would like to see is the WWE not be afraid to push guys because they are so concerned about ratings, if the push is entertaining people will watch regardless, fans don't turn away because they don't like the champion, they turn away because they are bored of seeing the samething every week, if the WWE was not so afraid they would have pushed Kennedy already, they would have Pushed MVP already, I don't think you can be more ready then those guys, they are both outstanding on the mic and they clearly know how to get a reaction out of people especially MVP

sometimes it does feel like the only people that get pushed is the people that HHH likes personally, but honestly I would rather see Orton run continue then watch another HHH or Cena run, you have to take Orton serious as a champion now after Wrestlemania

Welll about the *state of WWE*. After putting on possibly one of the best wrestlemania's in a longgggg time, they follow up with what i thought was a great monday night RAW show. It was completely action pact, continued some good feuds, started some new ones and honoured the biggest legend of them all in Ric Flair. See, to me if this's signs of things to come then i'm pretty damn excited lol seems they've stepped up their game lately. But i guess we'll have to wait and see in the next few weeks but i sure hope they continue this trend.

The state of the WWE, haha what do you say? There was a time last year where I thought as well as many others I think that it was getting stale, predicatble and really lacking, but now my goodness are you blind? WWE is so great at the moment, I didnt see WM 24 but I did see the highlights on raw all the photos etc, I think it was probaly the Best mania in a very long time! Perhaps since WM18 but you know! WWE is brill at the moment at beating the spoilers and surprising fans which is what we love! I mean Orton winning championship no one expected that at all and I think that was an awesome move it will make this kid. Crime Tyme returned last night that completly blew me away, I was like what the fudge! So yeah big time kudos to WWE now, great Raw last night great WM and WWE is clearly on top recently! :D

MORE controversial? Everyone nearly had a heart attack regarding the incest storyline. The majority still negatively speak about the Katie Vick storyline. Fans need to sort their priorites out, because when WWE don't do anything controversial (However I don't see how you can't see today brand as controversial anyway), people complain, but when they step it up a little, there is just as many, if not more complaints.

In my opinion, the WWE is getting a lot better recently. The lead up to Wm is the most excited I've been about WWE for a couple of years, and I wasn't let down. Continue this, and I see them back on track to less complaints. Because really that's all I hear nowadays.

I know that controversies aren't the best, but once in a while, used the right way, they can be good. You're missing my point, though. Overall, the WWE's storyline was quite stale. Look at 2007. They played the "rivals being tag partners" twice (Cena & HBK; MVP & Matt Hardy). They also played the "mentor-tutee" angle twice as well (Rhodes & Holly; Flair & Carlito). My point was that the storylines need to be abit more flexible instead of having similar storylines all the time. If some need to be controversial, why not? No one's ranting about Iraqi Sympathizer Sargeant Slaughter anymore.

My main point is, be more flexible and imaginative with the storylines.

The WWE Just sucks right now and thinking back, it really HAS gone downhill since Vince bought WCW. I mean they did a few interesting things, like the breif NwO stint, bringing hall, Nash & Hogan to WWE in 02, but that was short lived. Bringing in Bill Goldberg for 1 Year in 03-04, HBK coming back in 02 and Kane unmasking. THose are really the only things that really stand out as being really cool in the laast 7 years of What the WWE has done.

Younger fans don't have a clue of how bad WWE is right now, because they weren't watching wrestling in the 90's when it was AWESOME! WWE has really just been doing most of the same old crap for the last 7 years. Same stupid PREDICTABLE storylines, same stars being pushed (Cena, Orton, Batista, Edge). It's just crap now. The only reason why most older fans ever tune in is to see HBK, HHH and Undertaker. Those guys are getting old. It's just not like it used to be.

There is nothing wrong with the WWE, the ratings are not the highest as they have been, but they are ok, buyrates are still find, the company is making more money than they have every had in the past. They run three different brands, have a d-league, are seen worldwide more than ever before. Have towns biding for a wrestling event. They are a publicly traded company that many say is a great investment. After seeing WrestleMania 24, they pre why they are the best in the business of wrestling and will never go away. So the WWE is in a great state ,sure your favorites might not be at top, but still as far as entertaining, no one does it better than the WWE and 12 million people a week can’t be wrong.

Younger fans don't have a clue of how bad WWE is right now, because they weren't watching wrestling in the 90's when it was AWESOME! WWE has really just been doing most of the same old crap for the last 7 years. Same stupid PREDICTABLE storylines, same stars being pushed (Cena, Orton, Batista, Edge). It's just crap now. The only reason why most older fans ever tune in is to see HBK, HHH and Undertaker. Those guys are getting old. It's just not like it used to be.

The WWE is only predictable because of internet, without the internet and dirt sheets, wrestling would be great again. If you don’t want to know what happen, then stop checking wrestling internet sites and you will do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back