Stand Up Comedians

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Some people are easily amused, not I. I hardly laugh, certainly not over somebody like this:

[youtube]Pz8pQbyF7b8[/youtube]

I just don't find it funny. It's rude, it's vulgar, it's nothing I can't do myself.

I don't really watch much of it. I've enjoyed Ricky Gervais & Peter Kay ones I've seen. But I don't like anything too rude. Observational humour is better.

I agree, I prefer Harry Hill over someone who swears their mouth off. Some get too upset, like Frankie Boyle...my mate went to see him and he stormed off stage because someone shouted "If I wanted to here the same old jokes I'd watch repeats of mock the week on dave!"

I enjoy Lee Evans, Jack Dee, Harry Hill, and guys with a similar style, but i can't stand assclowns like Peter Kay, Russel Brand because it just doesn't amuse me in the slightest.

Lee Evans is my favourite, I cant stand Peter Kay's stuff, even if he is my cousin.

I like Eddie Murphy's stuff from the 1980s aswell

Jack Dee is without a doubt the funniest comedian I have ever seen. With most others, you can have a little laugh and then move on, but some of his stuff has me crying laughing, and me and a friend find a way to put his jokes into pretty much any context, because we're big geeks like that. But he's honestly hilarious.

I also love Lenny Henry, he was my favourite up until I heard about Jack Dee.

I've never seen the big deal about Peter Kay though. He's just not funny.

In the 80's there was nothing funnier than Eddie Murphy and Bill Hicks. Eddie Murphy's life must have been awesome, because his stories were great. Bill Hicks picked apart America and our obsession with accepting what we are told. "You are free to do as we tell you." "Put on some American Gladiators and let us run the country."

In the 90's, Mitch Hedberg made me laugh. Rodney Carrington has funny material as well. Martin Lawrence was funny too.

In this decade, Dane Cook may be the most famous, but, meh. I like Jeff Dunham. His puppet show is great.

Eddie Izzard is the greatest stand up comedian ever. If you dont know who he is Youtube his stuff.I went to see him live in Newcastle and my face was hurting because he made me laugh so much. The way he ad libs his improvs are genious. From James Mason playing God to Mrs Bagcrumble his clarenet teacher. I wish he would do more stand up comedy but at the moment he is too busy doing movies and what not.

I used to think Frankie Boyle would be a good stand up comedian. Imagine my disappointment when it turned out his routine was just calling the audience names and telling disconnected jokes that I'd already heard on Mock The Week.

Ricky Gervais is the only stand up comedian I've found legitimately and consistently funny. I thought Fame would have been shit, but it was brilliant. Animals and Politics, too, are awesome. Dara O'Briain's latest was fairly good too - Talking Funny in London, or whatever it was. But yeah, massive Gervais fan.

Richard Hall is a favourite of mine, He is so bunt, And takes the piss out of everything, Himself, His country, Nothing is off limit's, And he can say just a sentence, And I'd be wetting myself.

Don't like anything rude? You won't like my choice of Jimmy Carr then. He is the funniest guy I have ever seen. I like Lee Evans a lot, but all his stuff is scripted, Carr interacts with the audience and makes many off the cuff remarks. And he's the only top level comedian who comes to a hole of a place like Huddersfield.

II love Michael McIntyre - that guy is too funny. I like his jokes, his voice and everything is just so very true

I also like Ricky Gervais - If you like his stand ups I strongly sauggest getting the E-Books and the podcasts (they too are brilliant)

Although I like Jimmy Carr I find his stand up acts very samey as are Peter Kay's & Lee Evans

Jack Dee is superb, I have one of his DVD's that I crack out every time I fell in need of a laugh. Harry Hill is very funny although only recently - his older stuff isn't all that great though.

Russell Brand is all kinds of funny as a stand up comedian. I know a lot of people immediately jump on his back because of his personal life and because of how famous he is but damn he is funny

Don't like anything rude? You won't like my choice of Jimmy Carr then. He is the funniest guy I have ever seen. I like Lee Evans a lot, but all his stuff is scripted, Carr interacts with the audience and makes many off the cuff remarks. And he's the only top level comedian who comes to a hole of a place like Huddersfield.

Jimmy Carr is rude, but not in the same was a Chubby Brow. Carr is actually funny where Brown just swears a lot and talks about wet patches on beds. I could come up with better and it ain't my job.

Russell Brand is all kinds of funny as a stand up comedian. I know a lot of people immediately jump on his back because of his personal life and because of how famous he is but damn he is funny

I watched his DVD last night. It amused me throughout but I only laughed at the anecdote towards the end about him getting spunk on a friend during a threesome and his mate retaliated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back