Americans are finally making funny sitcoms again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiKid hoRse

Occasional Pre-Show
As far as modern sitcoms go I have always thought the brits have always been soo far ahead of anyone else in the field it's unfunny. I absolutely love spaced, peep show, mighty boosh, black books, the it crowd, garth menagie's dark place, father ted and in the thick of it. While all those shows don't share the exact same style of humour I have always found them to be consistantly funny.
My home country has only really had one funny sitcom in recent memory in Kath and Kim (though I personally despise it). I have always found modern american sitcoms to be bland. The shows that try and push past the generic pop corn style humour and try to be edgy try why to hard inho ( ie two and a half men and how i met your mother) but I have recently fallen in love with two shows that have blown my mind. It's always sunny in phily (i'm not gonna spell it) is edgy, funny and in the tradition of the AWESOME series peep show has charecters that are just plain bad people whoo never learn their lessons. I love it. I honestly didn't think a show could beat it but then I stumbled across Community. OMG. I have never found a show that has trapped me like this one. I sat down and watched 17 eps straight at work the other day and came back and watched the first 6 again today (unfortunatly work got in the rest of the eps way). All the characters just work. I originally thought abbed would shit me to tears and get old quick but I was gladly proven wrong (his batman is better that christian bales). I hope the shows writing holds up cause it's without a doubt my new favourite comedy. Without sonding condesending I just want to say congratulations america, you did good.

Oh i forgot to add that both shows have found old comedians who would have probably be considered past their time and made them not onlt relevant again but they are funnier than they have ever been (chevy chase's pierce hawthorne is comedic GOLD )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back