Nickelodeon

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
So I started the thread for it's counterpart, so here we go. Nick is a channel dedicated primarily to children's TV shows, in particular sitcoms like Drake and Josh, iCarly, Victorious, and others, as well as former shows such as All That and The Amanda Show. It is also known for it's Nicktoons (which I hate most of currently except for Spongebob), such as the aforementioned Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, and the Fairly Odd parents, and formerly Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Cat Dog, and other classics. It's also known for it's programming block of Nick at Nite, for older generations that broadcast George Lopez, Full House, Family Matters and others. It also has a sister channel, TEENick, which broadcasts re-runs of Teen sitcoms from Nick as well as older shows such as That 70's Show, and original shows such as Degrassi: The Next Generation and Gigantic.

I've always enjoyed the Nick brand more myself. The cartoons were classics, the teen sitcoms are okay, and Nick at Nite and Teenick (at times) are great. Nick has always entertained me more. So, discuss Nick now.

Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nickelodeon. Anyone who has ever whatched Nick knows the jingle. I am a huge fan of Nick and I truly commend them for their quality productions. Spongebob may be the stupidest kid show ever however it is a kid show that everyone loves. Also their new teen shows are actully quite funny. Personally I miss the old days of Rocket Power, and Rugrats. They were also really one of those pioneers in having some contoversy within their shows. I think if they were to also have more kids shows along with the teen shows then it would be more interesting. I may be wrong but Fairy Odd Parents seems to be dead now and that is the kid show bread and butter.

This is the cartoon channel I grew up on and while I don't really care for a lot of the newer shows they have going on Nick, I will still watch from time to time when they have the shows I like on like Fairly Oddparents and SpongeBob. Hell, just the other day I caught Rugrats on at 5 in the morning and I was stoked as shit. That was my favorite cartoon ever when I was a kid.

The teeny shows they have now are pretty ridiculous, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch iCarly from time to time. There are some funny jokes on that show a lot of the time. I hated the live action shows when I was a kid though. I know Clarissa Explains It All and Are You Afraid Of The Dark have a large following, but I was never into them.

These days though, I catch a lot of That 70's Show on Teen Nick late at night but aside from that and the occasional cartoon, I don't watch a whole lot unless my son wants to.

I lived and breathed this channel as a child. My 2 all time favorite shows were You Can't Do That on Television and Today's Special.

Both shows were originally Canadian children's shows and were later picked up by Nick.

You Can't Do That on Television
Really this is the place where the green sliming began. When a character on this sketch show would utter the phrase "I don't know"...boom, slimed! Hell, Alanis Morissette was even a cast member in 86".

Today's Special
Revolved around a magical store maneequin (Jack?) that can to life with his special hat. It never failed that he would often loose this hat a be stuck in a funny pose. There were other cahracters and some puppets too...I wish I could remember more.

Fuck, this thread makes me feel old as fuck man.

Rugrats, Salute my shorts, Hey Dude, Ren And Stimpy, Wild And Crazy Kidz, that gameshow were kids were IN the fucking video game at the end and the little dude walked around the video game map (like fuck if I remember what it was called), Rockos Modern Life, Clarissa Explains it all...Shit, im so old that AH!! Real Monsters and Hey Arnold were LATER in my Nickelodeon days.

Loved that shit as a kid. I didnt have cable at my house, so whenever I DID get to go someplace that had Nickelodeon, it made it all the more epic, and a special treat.

I dont much get down with the channel these days, although from what i understand, it still does pretty damn well. I do of course, watch Spongebob on a weekly basis, but besides that, nah. Loved it though.

I watched Nickelodeon ALL THE TIME for many years. From around 1993 to 2002-ish (right around when they introduced the Snick House) it was bar none the most entertaining channel on tv. It had great live action shows, good cartoons (before the surplus of "nicktoons" ruined that), a few good game shows, old school shows on Nick @ Nite, and a few children shows on Nick Jr.... Gradually the channel declined and went from its legendary 90s lineup to the garbage it has today. I stopped watching it in the second half of 2009. I finally gave up on it by that point because other than Nick @ Nite it was unwatchable, and even on Nick @ Nite it was just endless reruns of The Nanny and Fresh Prince. I can't watch it anymore but I will never forget the good old days because it had some of the best shows ever created.

Nickelodeon was the tits back in the day. Anything they put on air was golden. From Rocko to Rugrats to Doug to All That and the rest of the Snick gang all the way to the Nick at Nite programming. It appealed to everyone and anyone. I remember my parents enjoying it with us kids back in the day. Even to this day Nick isn't that bad. I'll admit to sitting down and watching it with the niece and nephew when I'm with them. And I'll even go one step further and admit that I enjoy ICarly more so than anything on Nick at the moment. It appeals to the masses and for a kids majority station that is impressive in its own right.

It was all about Eureeka's Castle, David the Gnome, the Noozles, The Elephant Show.

Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts were clear cut classics.

Nick Jr. back in the day was what I looked forward to when I got out of school.

Mighty Norcal, I believe you were thinking of Nick Arcade.

In addition to that we had great shows like GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Finders Keepers, What Would You Do?, and Figure It Out.

Nick back in the day was great, I feel sad for kids nowadays. I remember wanting to be on so many of those shows as a kid. I used to love to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle late at night before I went to bed, too. Man, I remember thinking that show lasted forever.

But gentleman....who can forget one of the greatest shows to ever air on Nickelodeon?

the-adventures-of-pete-pete-season-one-20050503084642995-000.jpg

pete-and-pete-title-jpg.jpeg

petunia.jpg

GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple were the shit. All That was my favourite though. Kennan and Kel was a good show too. Didn't care much for the Amanda Show. Out of the cartoons I loved Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and The Angry Beevers. They don't make cartoons like that anymore. Now I don't even know the line-up for Nick, all I know it that they dropped Nickelodeon and now it's just called Nick. Great days back then. No bills....

Angry Beavers, CatDog, Hey, Arnold, and Rocket Power were favorites of mine as a little kid. They were classics in every since of the word. I used to like shows like Jimmy Neutron and The Fairly Odd Parents, but I can't watch those anymore, where as I could sit down and watch, say, Rocket Power and dig it. They were funny, entertaining, and weren't completely stupid and dry like cartoons of today. What I really liked about Rocket Power and Hey, Arnold, was that they were shows that portrayed things that could happen in real life. Other than the animation thing, of course.

As for the teen sitcoms, the only one actually being filmed anymore that I can watch is iCarly, just because it contains unique storylines and a wide range of comedy. Drake and Josh was decent when it was on, and The Amanda Show, I used to love. I haven't seen it in forever though. And, I know it wasn't produced by Teen Nick, but Degrassi is a sweet show. I know life for teens really isn't that dramatic, but it gets like that at times, and portrays the real feelings of teens in life played by real teens. I know it isn't a Nick/Teen Nick original, but props for broadcasting it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back