• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

South Beach Boys

DEGENERATE KID

Dark Match Winner
Now that Percy Watson is eliminated from NXT and Darren Young eliminated from Nexus, do you think that WWE would team them up as the SOUTH BEACH BOYS. they were a team in FCW before joining NXT. the way i see it, if the do team up, they can be either heel or face feuding with NEXUS or only heel feuding with the Dynasty. they can be a face team (the only face team) on smackdown.
so what are your thoughts?

Totally agree. Have only seen a couple of clips of them from FCW but they look liked they had something. Team them with the sadly underused MVP, and there's the basis of a pretty decent tag team here.

Won't happen straight away though. Young still has stuff to settle with the Nexus (you would've thought he would reveal the 'bigger picture'). And Watson hasn't signed a contract yet.

But yes, I think this could utilise two guys who aren't ready for singles action yet.

The Hart Dynasty will need some competition soon and this seems like the perfect opportunity for the WWE to introduce a new team to the mix. WWE has already had the Dynasty beat The Usos & The Dudebusters so who is there left? The logical choice says that Hawkins & Archer will be stepping up to face them but I can't see a prolonged feud between the two, let alone Archer & Hawkins winning the belts. Another point is that there are a distinct lack of babyface tag teams in the company at the moment.

Both of these things point to a potential debut for The South Beach Boys, but the only problem is Young's history. Young has just exited out of Nexus and he didn't exactly leave in the most pleasant means. The WWE's priority at the moment should be on Nexus and if they want Nexus to look strong then they'll have to keep Young off of television. Will they debut soon? Possibly but not for a little while yet, mainly because WWE wants to sell its audience on Nexus.

I wouldn't mind this team forming if Watson stays his fun self, and Young becomes entertaining.

I love Percy Watson. He was charismatic, entertaining, and one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed Season 2 of NXT so much. Darren Young on the other hand is bland and boring. However, I've heard that he isn't so bad when allowed to be as over the top as Watson. If Young can get a personality and be the crazy party boy to the extent Watson is, then I would probably find him entertaining. Plus, being in a tag team with the awesome Watson would make his lack of personality much less obvious.

Both men are solid in the ring, but this team could form with Young doing most of the in-ring work and Watson doing most of the mic work. They could carry each other, and help bolster the tag division. Plus they've already trained as a team in FCW, so it's not like this isn't a natural fit for them.

I say, let it happen.

Why exactly would we want to see that? Darren Young has obviously laid the party boy persona behind him when he became a part of The Nexus, and that's pretty much how it should remain. He wasn't the least over during NXT, and he had the exact persona he would most likely be displaying with Percy Watson.

In theory, Percy shouldn't even be allowed onto the main roster, because while he's over and all that, he didn't win. The same concept was represented with Nexus, only 1 guy earns a contract. And I could imagine, while WWE wanted to give 4 guys the contracts on NXT 1 before The Nexus, I'm sure the final 3 are the only ones to get a WWE contract from season 2.

The rest will most likely be bumped back down to FCW, therefore Percy Watson and Darren Young couldn't be mashed together again. They will go separate ways, and Darren will most likely do some kind of thing in the mid-card, or get shuffled around doing zero. Perhaps jobbing to Bryan a few times.

Darren Youngs former Nexus persona would be forgotten a few weeks into a new gimmick. This has happened for many gimmick changes in wrestling history. Austin, Kane, Triple H, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Edge... they've all gone through changes since they've been in WWE.
Hands up who knew Dolph Ziggler was 'Nicky' from the Spirit Squad? I'm sure plenty online do but I doubt the kids in the audiences even care. Nicky was very rarely the focus of the group, the most limelight being offered to Kenny (Doane), Johnny and Mitch. Look at Nicky now, one of the best young guys on the roster. Would never have even considered that happening 4 years ago. He was also Kerwin White's caddy before the Spirit Squad appeared... Who was Kerwin White? Why, another gimmick change AKA Chavo Guerrero.

Joey Mercury has completely changed his gimmick recently. He was part of a hollywood diva's group with Joey Mercury. He now is Straight Edge and no mention of his red carpet days have been mentioned.

So why can't this happen? Put them back together in OVW until december, début them prior to the Royal Rumble by which point the Nexus angle will be over and it will be accepted. Darren Young intrigues me. He has the tools and the look, he's just been given a bit of a bum deal but I thought his match with Cena on Monday was decent. He moves in a similar way to the Rock I thought, if he can get similar confidence, he could be do very well. I see more potential in Young than I do Tarver and Slater at any rate.

Yeah, but if they lose NXT don't they technically become free agents? The WWE TV shows do not acknowledge FCW. What is to stop Teddy Long from coming out and saying he saw NXT season 2 and liked Percy Watson so he signed him to a contract. Then saying he traded for Darren Young. Nothing is stopping that from happening.

Anyway I think they should wait at least a month because of what just happened to Young, but as for having them in the WWE? Why not, the tag division blows, and I'm up for having any semblance of a real team debuting.

Wow! This is a terrible idea right now. Maybe at a later date, this idea would be very sustainable but right now, both of these guys need to go back to FWC and just work on their characters a little bit. “Showtime” Percy Watson is the worst superstar in all of the WWE, no doubt about it. People thought that his mannerisms were cookie and fun but I just thought they were utterly irritating. With his elimination from NXT, I am hoping that he can go away and become a better superstar that doesn’t need to rely on acting like a chicken having a mild stroke to get over.

As for Darren Young, I think he has a lot of potential and his match with Cena this past week was pretty en grossing actually. He may have lost but I felt that they gave him enough credibility coming out of that match to show us that he won’t be lost forever. I have a feeling that he will have some minor role on Raw over the next couple of weeks as his time with The Nexus comes to an end and then I imagine he will go back to FCW.

Now, when I said that it was a terrible idea right now, I meant it. However, if both of these guys were to go back to FCW and team for a while, only to be brought back into the WWE as a team, I don’t think that I would have any problem with that. They could work on a gimmick for them both and it would make sense. Right now though, the only thing binding them together was the fact that they have both competed on NXT and that is so flimsy that it is nonsensical. The potential for the team is there though. Let’s just give it time to see what develops.

Very interesting idea. As raw as these two are...the tag team division is all but dead and any real "team" would help. I think it would give these guys time to develop on a bigger stage and help the tag division at the same time. It's as good an idea as any right now. And doing it sooner than later may help while they are still relevant.

Right now though, the only thing binding them together was the fact that they have both competed on NXT and that is so flimsy that it is nonsensical. The potential for the team is there though. Let’s just give it time to see what develops.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

You seem to be under the impression that Young and Watson have never teamed before, which is just dead incorrect. Darren Young and Percy Watson WERE a team in FCW. They were called The South Beach Boys, hence the name of this thread. While I agree that I think they shouldn't come back as a team just yet, the fact of the matter is they have history that the WWE can use, even if it is FCW history.

Competing on NXT is NOT "the only thing binding them". They had a gimmick between them, the gimmick of being, well, South Beach Party Boys. They could easily reform their team on Smackdown or something in a few months, and WWE could hype it up with clips from their FCW matches in some vignettes or something.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

You seem to be under the impression that Young and Watson have never teamed before, which is just dead incorrect. Darren Young and Percy Watson WERE a team in FCW. They were called The South Beach Boys, hence the name of this thread. While I agree that I think they shouldn't come back as a team just yet, the fact of the matter is they have history that the WWE can use, even if it is FCW history.

Competing on NXT is NOT "the only thing binding them". They had a gimmick between them, the gimmick of being, well, South Beach Party Boys. They could easily reform their team on Smackdown or something in a few months, and WWE could hype it up with clips from their FCW matches in some vignettes or something.

I am not under that impression whatsoever. What I am saying is that in the WWE and not FCW, the only thing that they have in common is that the both competed on NXT. I am fully aware that they teamed together in FCW (since the OP outlined that in his first post).

However, I would love you to tell me this Doc. Outside of the concept of NXT, when was the last time that the WWE used history from FCW in their top stars? I honestly cannot remember. Perhaps you will know better than me but FCW means very little outside of NXT.

Also, the point that I was trying to make was that the WWE are going to have a hard time trying to tell the fans that these guys are a tag team when in the WWE, they have absolutely no contact whatsoever. I completely understand that they COULD be a tag team on Smackdown but people are going to question what the hell happened that they are now tagging and I don’t think that the WWE have a reason for that just yet.

I am not saying that it is completely out of the question but I wouldn’t buy it. These two guys are complete losers. Not in the sense that I don’t like them, I mean it in the sense that they haven’t won anything yet. Showtime is out of NXT now and Darren Young seems to be out of the only thing that made him relevant. How would it make sense for them to tag again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back