• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Songs that bring a tear to your eye

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]amwVyRH2B8A[/youtube][youtube]fAG1i3JfUvA[/youtube]​

For me it's the 2 songs i posted above. I really hope you guys take the time to listen to them.​

My mom's friend had me listen to Brett Dennen and Rise Against is my brothers favorite band so that's how i first heard these songs. They move me for different reasons.

Ain't no reason: I Know there's nothing i can do about it but it hurts me whenever I think about the troubles going on in the world and this ong puts most of the troubles in the world today right out there.

Hero of War: This one gets me thining about my best friend fro High School. Our senior year he tells me he's joining the army. I kept in touch with him for a while but with me moving to FL then to GA then to PA and finally Back to NY we kind of lost contact and when I hear this song i can't help but wonder if he's back home, still over there or quite frankly still alive. I've been trying to get in contact with his family but it seems the moved after we graduated so that didn't work.

That's me now how about you guys. It doesn't have to be as personal as what I posted just a song that brings tears to your eyes for any reason will work.

Here's a good one:

[YOUTUBE]AGswyJCUw2U[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of the few songs that make me cry. Usually I dislike sad songs but this is one of the exceptions because it's beautiful and the lyrics fit so well with the slow pacing of the instruments. A good song to listen to when you're feeling pretty sad yourself.

Alice In Chains- Black Gives Way To Blue

[YOUTUBE]DB7htfZc-WQ[/YOUTUBE]

This was written by Jerry Cantrell as a tribute to Alice In Chains original vocalist Layne Staley. Its just a fitting tribute to a great musician and you can feel the emotion going through Cantrell's voice as he pays respect to his friend and bandmate.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/bAsA00-5KoI[/YOUTUBE]
(If you can't see it look up "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica on Youtube. Hate not seeing any video I post.)

"Nothing Else Matters" is particularly special to me because two months ago my aunt passed on and she wanted this played at her funeral. I can't imagine an even more gut-wrenching song for me that Metallica could deliver. In all aspects it was meant to make a grown man cry.

I've actually got a couple, 2 of them are basically one topic: one of my best friends. A year ago he was basically, murdered. I was so depressed and I couldn't and still can't listen to some songs without at least cleaning one tear from my eyes:
[YOUTUBE]ErvgV4P6Fzc&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]​
This song was his favorite song... I remember when I was in church, after the ceremony, someone put this song on the amplifiers. We just sat there and start to think of him...

[YOUTUBE]D2CsHodyN48[/YOUTUBE]​
I remember this year, a little earlier from the first year since his gone, I was watching my facebook, and someone I didn't know tagged me in a photo. It was his sister, and I started looking some of his pics, and with my fucking luck this song started. I couldn't do anything else but cry.

And finally, probably one of my favorite songs of all time:

[YOUTUBE]h_L4Rixya64&ob=av2n[/YOUTUBE]​

The lyrics, the drums, the bass, the guitars, the vocals, even the freaking video of this song makes it so damn strong. This song has such a huge power. I read that the director of the vid was thinking of his mom cause she passed away recently. This song IMO captures everything life is: a struggle, frustration, pain, relief, triumph, reward etc. This song is simply sublime!

[YOUTUBE]o22eIJDtKho[/YOUTUBE]

Even looking at the name of the song brings me to tears. My dad was my rock, he died on August 16, 2006. While he was alive he was my father. My real dad lives in Florida, I've met him when i was an infant. I don't even care about him. The love my dad showed me created the man I am today. The latter man is nothing, a small grain of sand in my memory that i could easily forget. My dadWas Albert Lee Kimmel was a man, my Father Daniel is scum.

Never in my wildest dreams will I forget the day he died. Still sleeping and having a regular dream I can remember this my whole dream changed in an instant. I went from just me walking, to it raining. I looked up and seen his face in the clouds then seen a ray of light on the house I was in front of. I was in front of his house. I woke up and went back to see him and he was fine. Well as fine as he could be.

I spent the last week with him, everyone knew he was dying and i dropped everything and went there. He had congestive heart failure, and a terrible heart. The nurses he had notified me that he was going quick and we needed to get here quick. He lasted a week. At the funeral U just about lost it going up to talk to the family.

I wasn't his family he accepted me. I can remember when I was 11 that he was in the hospital and one of the nurses asked him about the kids he had. He said had three sons and two daughters, then looked at me and patted me on the knee and smiled and said no, that's not right, I have four sons. I looked at him at the funeral when the preacher had me come up and talk, all I could say was Thank you to the family for accepting me. I was balling my eyes out.

They let me be a pallbearer I was to be at the foot of his casket. I had people tell me when i was carrying it, that if it was to heavy I could just let go. We were going down stairs when it happened, I felt my shoulder pop on the first step and almost lost my grip. I let all the weight go out of my mind and got my grip back and finished. I said to myself if he could take all my shit for all the years. I could take him to rest.

[youtube]3oz4xFBKIpc[/youtube][youtube]DyLOkbW9yCI[/youtube]​

A couple more I was listening to on my iPOD last night that brought a tear to my eye.​

Youth of the Nation: Everyone who's anywhere near my age (23) has heard of the Columbine massacre that happened back in '99 and that's one thing this song reminds me of. Hearing about it then brought a tear to my eye and it still does. The third verse hits a more personal note for me due to the fact that I've been through a friend commiting suicide and it fucking sucks.

Good Riddance (Time of Your life): This one isn't as depressing as the other 3 I've posted. This song wasp layed at my High School Gradutaion and whenever I hear it I htink about all the friends i haven't seen since and all the good times we had back then.​

this is a song that can be depressing. its a song that if your in a relationship and its to the point where you dont care what happens but you just want out of the relationship. its like they can have everything and you just dont give and shit and the only thing you want them to leave you is alone. When you need to break up there's no easy way to say it and this is about the nicest way you can tell that person. yet if you ever in that situation it'll be sure to bring a tear to your eye.

I apologize for not having access to youtube at the moment but I will later when I think of more songs. One that just destroys me and makes me cry is the song So I Thought by Flyleaf. May seem like a weird choice, but every single word sung in that song by Lacey reflects my first relationship. We were going out for 3 years, and if it wasnt for that girl, I would have never have found faith in christ, and like the lyrics in the song say, "a year goes by, and I cant talk about it", I was still devastated by her cheating on me even a year later. The song just hits home in every way i can think of and although it makes me cry, they are tears of joy, for the final part lines in the song goes "And all these twisted thoughts I see, Jesus there are in between", meaning just like my relationship, faith in christ was found even if it was one of the toughest times of my life. I cried when I saw flyleaf live and they played this song, lead singer Lacey even stated that thats what this song was about, her finding love in christ through a failed relationship. It's an amazing song, but I think it would only hit you guys as it does me if you have been the same situation. Not very often do you come across a song that describes a certain stage in your life, but its such a great feeling when you do.

[YOUTUBE]N_GPxe91hWE[/YOUTUBE]

I don't really relate to any of the lyrics, but there is just something about this song that gets to me. Something about the guitaring and the haunting vocals from Layne tug at my heart strings. Possibly the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard. If anyone ever turns this song off when I am "in the zone" and listening to it, I get really annoyed.

Also, Youth Of The Nation by POD is a good shout, really emotional song with alot of meaning. Great choice.

I am sure there are others but Nutshell is the one that jumped out for me

When Avenged Sevenfold plays So Far Away live it really gets me. Everybody in the band just oozes emotion when playing that song, and it goes as far as them crying while playing it because it reminds them of Rev. Another song by the same band is Fiction. The night before Rev died he handed the lead singer a cd with this song on it, and said "it's done this is the end of the album." He said it was his masterpiece, and the song itself talks about dying, and not being here anymore. Really surreal.

I find the song "The Living Years" by Mike and the Mechanics pretty emotional, especially the end when he sings about his father passing away. Even though my dad is very much alive, this gets me every time I hear it, in fact even more so since becoming a father myself.

For some reason whenever I hear "What It's Like" by Everlast I get emotional. I guess it's just the way everybody in that song harshly judges everyone else without knowing their full story, which obviously is the point of the song. And it rings so true in everyday life, everyone's ready to write other people off so quickly it's actually a surprise to see people not judge people by their looks or personal choices that have no affect on anyone else.

"Times like these" by the Foo Fighters. Specifically the acoustic version of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B--3cId-YE

Its times like these you learn to live again
Its times like these you give and give again
Its times like these you learn to love again
Its times like these, time and time again

Believe it or not, it's the last line of the song that really chokes me up. Because there have been so many "times" Ive had to learn lessons, some as simple as "how to live again." I went through it when my grandmother died two years ago, and am going through it now as a week ago, my 7 year old dog died in my arms. Having to say goodbye, start over, or do something new is a learning process, as so aptly put in this song. Dave Grohl is a master of singing about "moving on", and displaying the heartache that often accompanies it. No better example then this song.

"Green Fields of France" by Dropkick Murphys
"Hero of War" by Rise Against

Military songs are personal for me, as they are about war. And being an Infantryman in the Army, lets just say I can relate. I would post a link for the DKM song, but I'm gonna trust in your ability to use youtube.

When I hear "The Dance" by Garth Brooks and "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw. Both these songs were played at my Uncle Dennis' funeral when he passed away on 11/30/08. It was so hard to comprehend with him since he helped raise me. Especially since Garth's song is used at many other funerals, and Tim McGraw's song was written when his father was dying of brain tumor. My Uncle had a stroke compacted with a heart-attack and never regained conciousness from his coma. It was the heart-wrenching decision our family made to take him off life support with his wife and kids too. It was probably the hardest thing in the world to do, to watch one of my closest relatives fade away, but go to a place where he would not be in pain anymore. To this very day, anytime I hear either one of those songs, I have to either turn the radio station, or I start tearing up. To be quite honest, writing this about those songs, is making me a bit misty eyed. Just two honestly emotional songs, well written and speak volumes about loved ones and are probably going to be best spoken for how people will remember those that are no longer with them.

From one of my favorite bands...The Killers, "Exitlude."

Not an especially long song, but it give me then feeling that something is coming to an end.

Another has to be Staind "So Far Away."

Creed...yes Creed "One Last Breath."

Finally, Incubus "I Miss You" acoustic version.

Ben Folds - Carrying Cathy
I'm a big Ben Folds fan, and this was the first song that I heard of his that actually did in fact bring a tear to my eye. The song has a beautiful melody and the lyrics have great imagery. Plus, it's a song about suicide.

So many times in life, I find myself living vicariously through, or connecting with, my wife through music. It was one of the reasons we bonded when we were both in college, and music is one of the things that really brings us together to this day. We attend alot of concerts, and genuinely seem to connect due to music on such a deep level. She also doesn't mind me sharing this story, so I will.

You're Not Alone: Saosin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_h7wFCJ44

My wife hasnt had the easiest of lives in many aspects. As a result, she's not a very emotional person. She grew up with a father who was an alcoholic and beat her mother, resulting in her spending much of her childhood years living with her grandmother. She has since reconciled with her parents, and remarkably, her father is sober and still married to her mother. But she really credits her grandmother as the person who raised her, and was the person she trusted most along with me(I hope:) ).

I came home from work about 3 years ago, and my wife was crying uncontrollably, and clutching a picture. Her grandmother had passed away suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, as she had been quite healthy. I had been traveling alot, as was the nature of my job as a mobile therapist. But I wasn't home much, and I didnt see that my wife was starting to have troubles emotionally, which culminated with her grandmothers death.

I tried alot of things to lift my wife out of the depression and emotional roller coaster that came the next few weeks. I cut back on my work schedule and spent as much time as I possibly could at home with her. Nothing seemed to work, no matter how "much fun" she said she was having, as she would inevitably cry herself to sleep each night.

My sister often mails me muscial mixes she puts together herself based upon things she believes I would like. This time, she mailed me a CD that for some reason only had one track that actually played on it, which was "You're not Alone" by Saosin. I listened to it, and my wife walked into our bedroom as this song was replaying on my laptop over and over:shrug:. She asked if she could have a minute alone, and I gave it to her. Shortly after, I heard her begin to cry once again, and I was completely flustered. Its a hopeful and uplifting song, and here she was crying, again(what an insensitive jackass I was!). But she re-assured me that they were good tears, and she felt hope for the first time since her grandmother died. She said it took a song, but through that song it made her feel like she wasn't alone for the first time in awhile. We cried together, which is some feat for me, because I dont cry much. It took a song to start turning around the way she was feeling.

Last summer, we saw Saosin in concert, and we both BALLED when they played "Youre Not Alone" to close the show. The people around us looked at us like we were idiots, and we laughed through our tears. Every time I hear that song on my IPOD, I choke up a little as it makes me realize what the song has meant to my wife, myself, and our marriage.

[youtube]ISeh_pSRIvw[/youtube]

This song right here by Montgomery Gentry usually gets me choked up. I can't really relate to most of the song, but this section of lyrics usually gets to me:

Dad, I wonder if I ever let you down
If you're ashamed how I turned out
Well, he lowered his voice, then he raised his brow
Said, lemme tell ya right now

And that is followed by the chorus. Now that I'm 21 I always find myself think that I'd be asking my father that question nowadays. Now I'm not exactly proud with how I've turned out. I have no idea where I want to go with my life, I'm in and out with college, and I can't seem to find a steady job. But I always see myself asking my father (who passed away when I was a freshman in 9th grade (I was about to turn 15)). And it usually gets me choked up as I know that no matter how I turned out he'd have my back on whatever decisions I'd make and be there for me not matter what.

[YT]cgqOSCgc8xc[/YT]
9 Crimes by Damien Rice. I don't listen to what the lyrics mean, it's actually a song about cheating. But this song, despite having a simple melody, manages to be extremely sad to me, and it really pulls at my heartstrings at makes me cry everytime I hear it. I really started to get into Damien Rice at the same time that my girlfriend broke up with me, so this song also reminds me of that time in my life.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4234702/Porcupine_Tree_Collapse_the_Light_into_Earth_Hiroshima
Collapse The Light Into Earth by Porcupine Tree. I couldn't actually find this song on youtube. This is the entirety of the song's lyrics:

I won't shiver in the cold
I won't let the shadows take their toll
I won't cover my head in the dark
And I won't forget you when we part

Collapse the light into earth

I won't heal given time
I won't try to change your mind
I won't feel better in the cold light of day
but I wouldn't stop you if you wanted to stay

Collapse the light into earth

To me this is about breaking up with your girlfriend, and saying that you're never going to move on or get over it, but i'm not going to try and make you do anything you don't want to. The song is actually very calming, and at the same time is epic and uplifting, but the lyrics in this song really speak to me, and are exactly how I feel at the moment, so I can relate to this song.

For me, it's a combination of both the song and the music video. In my case, Sevendust's "Angel's Son" brings a tear to my eye.

[YOUTUBE]jpP0b_CQQi4[/YOUTUBE]

This song was written in memory of Lynn Strait. Lynn was the lead singer for the band 'Snot.' He died in a car accident back in 1998. I think one of the reason's this song is so sad is because Sevendust chose to make this an almost fully-acoustic song. The video depicts the band sitting in a hospital, while Strait is heading into surgery. The doctor performing surgery has a picture of Strait with his family. He tries as hard as he can, but at the end, he has to break the news to Strait's wife. This video is so powerful because you can literally feel the emotion pouring out of this song. In fact, this song was so powerful, it became one of Sevendust's biggest songs.

[YOUTUBE]tTdqdOC2DtI[/YOUTUBE]

This was played at my Great Auntie's funeral on Christmas Eve of 2007 (I know, harsh as fuck). I had never heard this song before that day, and it made me cry like a baby, despite the fact I wasn't that close to her. And from that day, this song just makes me blub, especially if I'm having one of those shit-awful days where everything has gone wrong.

[YOUTUBE]kGTm8UfWHAM[/YOUTUBE]

My Heart will go on by Celine Dion. It was the theme song for one of the most successful movies of all time, Titanic. It has a great melody and really easy to understand lyrics. One of my favourite songs by far.

[YOUTUBE]hMk8YWV7te8[/YOUTUBE]

Don't Take the girl by Tim McGraw. Great song about a boy and a girl who grew up together, fall in love, and a tragedy of a death. True young love romance song.

Both songs are great. Me and my lady always dance to both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back