Songs That Remind You of Your Ex (AKA the Hopeless Romantic Thread)

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Pretty simple thread explanation, what songs remind you of an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend? I know we all have certain songs that when we hear them, they immediately remind you of someone. Yeah I stole this idea from another forum, so what, kill me.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not just list songs, tell us why it reminds you of an ex. This should be pretty cool for everyone involved.

Sublime - Romeo

[youtube]wPVStn-BcNM[/youtube]

This song immediately makes me think of my ex, Lindsey. Mostly because I used to sing this song all the time. Once I even straight up sang the entire song to her, acapella. Why? I was in love, what do you want? I'm sure I was terrible, but it didn't matter. Kind of a strange song to sing to your girlfriend if you really stop and listen to the lyrics, but it didn't matter.

Poison the Well - Nerdy
[youtube]a6ozRl795m4[/youtube]

Don't mind the random Happy Feet video, just listen to the song. This is another one that makes me think of the same ex. The lyrics to this song summed up all of my feelings perfectly at the time I thought; "Why do your eyes paralyze me? What makes me feel this way?"
"Sleep on portraits painted as perfect as you
Why have I been given the chance to fly
When I'm not with you I feel lesser alone
Why have I been given the chance to fly, away?"

That became almost a mantra. I ended up being confined to a rehabilitation center, and I remember writing the lyrics to this song on the inside cover of my diary, the only thing that was really personal that I had for that long 8 months. It was the only thing that kept me going; thinking of this song, and thinking of her. Helped me make it through. What happened after that is a different story, but I won't go into it.

The Cure - Just Like Heaven
[youtube]1ZOsyxR2t9A[/youtube]

To this day I am incapable of listening to this song without thinking of my first love, and the most passionate probably. I'm really just a pussy hopeless romantic at heart once you get past my attitude that everyone here associates me with, and this song is probably the greatest song for a hopeless romantic ever made. The girl's name was Amelia, I was 14 at the time and she meant everything to me. To this day she remains one of my closest friends, never have I connected with a person like I did to her. It felt like the two of us against the world, and I remember it was this song by the Cure that won me her heart initially. I used to write poems to her every day and pass her the notes during the school day. I had been trying to work up the nerve to ask her out for months, and finally I decided to myself "If Robert Smith's lyrics can't win her heart, nothing can!". I wrote out the lyrics to this song in my best penmanship and asked her out in that note; she accepted and thus began the first real relationship of my life. I like to think I've loved a few different women in my life at an equal level, but something about her still captures my heart to this day. Even though we've been broken up for years and are simply friends now, I know deep down I still have strong feelings for her, and any time I hear this song, they just come bursting out again.

So...I know I kind of went on a rant of my own personal relationship experiences. but you get the point. There are literally dozens and dozens of more songs that remind me of ex-girlfriends, so I'll probably return to post some more of my own choices at some point. Feel free to share your own stories as well, as long as they connect to a specific song. I look forward to hearing from everyone else.

Oh no, X.... Did we have to take it there? LOL.

Wellm this may be a bit hackneyed, and it'll be done a million times... But... Well...

The Cure- Love Song

[youtube]tU6wkCxDHCk[/youtube]

This song bottles so much emotion, and so many different feelings all at once. Thoughts of rejection, love, of eternal longing for that one person to be there, even though you somewhat half expect them to not be there. That was the case for me and my ex, Annie. Literally, we never said the word "love" until we actually broke up, and then she finally confessed that she loved me. That, to all extents, lingered in my mind so much, and made me wonder how long she loved me. And I couldn't deal with a woman who loved me, and then broke up with me. I just didn't understand, and then for a long time, we never talked. She always ignored whatever I'd AIM her and shit. She's text me every now and then, but never explained why she didn't, in my mind, love me anymore.

Still, I loved her, and no matter what, I would let her know that. However far I went in life, I will have always loved her

Puddle of Mudd - Control

[youtube]xaz9VPSySN0[/youtube]​

This is the one song that can sum up my last relationship. Her name was Erica, and I think she is the defintion of bitch. I mean if it wasn't one thing it was another. It was a game of 20 Questions with her every fucking day. Even though, I must admit she had a great body which is probably why I stayed with her for 8 months.

The first one I'd have to list, would be the mother of my son. We started off all well and good, but shit obviously went downhill fast, and the best song to describe the emotions I have over it, is I Don't Care, by Apocalyptica ft. Adam Gonthier. I could go on and on about how fitting the song is, but the lyrics do the job pretty well.

My first girlfriend, was a huge fan of everything pop, which means that spending more than a few hours with her sucked, because we dated at the height of boy bands, Britney, and the Latin wave. There's no one song, but anything from that genre, at that time frame, reminds me of her.

Good thread, X :)

Buckcherry : Crazy Bitch​
Hey!
You're a crazy bitch
But you fuck so good I'm on top of it
When I dream
I'm doing you all night
Scratches all down my back to keep me right on...​

This may come off as harsh, buy my ex had a lot of issues that neither her nor I could work through. The relationship truly made me realize that no matter how much you try and no matter how much you care, you really can't change an individual.

But as the chorus of the song states, we did have perfect chemistry in one aspect of our relationship. If relationship perfection were based on sex, we were meant for each other. Unfortunately, as most people know, perfect relationships are based on so much more...

I am not really one for making songs "Our song" but I generally think about some of the songs I listened to whilst being in the relationship.

One girl that I went out with for while was super into AC\DC and to be honest it rubbed off on me. Since then I have been a huge AC\DC fan and I thank her for that. Nevertheless, the first time we actually got down to doing the dirty, we were listening to "Thunderstruck". I love that song and every time I hear it, I think of her. She probably doesn't though.

[youtube]EYWZZlVlFb4[/youtube]

Since that relationship, AC\DC has become my favourite old school band, with the exception of Queen. Every time I hear this song, I get to thinking what it would have been like if we had stayed together. Still, you move on and that's what I did.

I'm not the type of guy who is makin songs "our song" but I do have a few songs that remind me of some of my ex's.

Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry: Now I don't really listen to much if any rock music at all as i'm more of a hip hop & R&B type of guy, but the lyrics to this song very much describe the mother of my son. I mean yeah me & her started off great, but she got so strung out on drugs & tried to keep my son away from me(which it didn't work by the way) but she had problems from selfishness, crazyness & of course most of the time I saw her, she was strung out on the hard & extreme drugs. I'm glad i'm not with her anymore & at times I dread havin to have some way of communication with her, but I know I have done better.

All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo: This song fit the description of how I felt about my ex Courtney at the time. Everyone of our friends(the people that was friends with both of us) all said that we was great together, but in addition to her friends gettin in our business & bein the main reason why we split, she kept flirtin with her best friend Matt(which is one of my best friends as well), she tried to change the way I dress(I dress like a thug basically), she tried to change me my personality(i'm a tough guy, but I always everybody laugh) & of course when we was at school, she made the seatin arrangements at our table to be well just her friends sittin there(which pissed me off to no end as I didn't think it was fair). To basically get to the point, the reason why this song reminds me of her is that although my relationship with her was rough & grueling, we both had good times together & that's basically how you describe the relationship.

I wanna apologize for that little rant I had, but no matter how hard you hurt for that person, you eventually move on & find someone better(I know I have).

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, especially when you consider what a Narmtastic and terrible band this is, but...
Prozzak - www.nevergetoveryou
[youtube]WIZFS3SC_UE[/youtube]
Yeah, the song and band are so bad they're good, but let me explain.
In my life, I have had two proper relationships, and they were both long-distance. This song reminds me of the first one. It was the first time I had ever been "in-love". This girl was the greatest, anything I could ask for in a woman. She was smart, funny, nice, and really cute.

It was a very sudden break up. One day we were exchanging emails, and the next she sent me one that forever changed my life. I know some may find it stupid, but corresponding with her really made my days brighter. I was distraught and depressed or the next two months. She ignored me the whole time. It fucking sucked. And that song had me crying whenever I heard it.

These days, we're still really good friends, and I'm even going to visit her and a few others next summer, but there are days when I reread those emails and wish it was like it used to be. It was...well, it was great. I still like her a lot. If I lived nearer to her I would date her in a heartbeat. She's amazing.

Um, yeah. That got a little more personal than I wanted.
Feel free to laugh at my choice of song.

Eminem- Searchin'

[youtube]N3vyi5cmJ1E[/youtube]

Makes me remember the good times with my girlfriend and then it dissolved then i couldn't get her out of my mind and i always played this song, so then i wanted another girlfriend but then i had the "i can only be with her" mind state of her. It was only until a few months ago i got over her since she's getting married now.

Shwayze- Buzzin

[youtube]hY1rbOM7vbg[/youtube]

I was listening to this song when i was a party and then i hooked up with this girl and we only went out for a short time, then we broke up because she had to move away and i haven't heard from her since....she was pleasant to be with.

The Killers - When You Were Young

[youtube]mkkE7yDXr6g&hl[/youtube]

Pretty much sums up my boyfriend I had years ago. Even though the song is more recent, whenever I hear it I always think of him. We had always been best friends when I was a little kid, then got together and it really didn't work out between us and I haven't spoken to him since. The lyrics match both myself and the relationship perfectly. Anyways, this song always reminds me of him, whether that's good or bad I don't really know.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

[youtube]YhqcsV1uO9k&[/youtube]

I guess you could call this song "our song" although I don't usually get that type of thing. Still referring to the boyfriend above, and this song doesn't really remind me of our relationship as such, just recognize it as "our song". Although, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of RHCP.

Oh no... I can't resist... You know what X? You suck!

Hawthorne Heights - Ohio is for Lovers
[youtube]hb4A9cWgstU[/youtube]

I know... it's not your traditional love song. But since when does that matter in a relationship?

I met Anne (my ex) almost four years ago. I was winging one of my buddies that really wanted to go out with this girl. Unfortunately for my friend, the girl wouldn't go out with him without bringing her older sister. So, he asked me to join them and keep the girl's sister company so he could 'get some.' While we were out on the date, the sister was the biggest bitch to me for no reason. She was nasty to me in every way. Yes, she was gorgeous. Yes, everytime she entered a room every guy's head would turn. Her blonde hair, thin body, great complexion, and all-natural D-cups made her somewhat of an anomaly in a sea full of mediocre, single women. But in my opinion, that never justifies being a completely conceited, self-centered bitch to a guy that is only trying to be nice to you. Finally, the date ended and not soon enough.

The next day, I began to get text messages from a number I had never seen before. It was the bitch from the night before, apologizing for the way she acted. After back and forth texting of explanations and apologies, she asked me out on a date. I was hesitant at first, but I figured I could dog her out as payback for what she had done to me, so I accepted.

I picked her up at her house and had a CD playing softly in the background. At the time, Hawthorne Heights was a relatively unknown band in my area, and she fit the category of a guidette more than a rock-chick. So, I was geniunely surprised when 'Ohio is for Lovers' came on and she said, "Oh my God, I LOVE this song!" The date went surprisingly well after she explained to me that the reason why she was such a bitch to me at first was because that was her way of weeding out the ass holes that she tends to meet often.

We dated for a year after that, and the song became somewhat of a symbol of our relationship. Surprisingly, even though our breakup was emotional and brutal, I still love the song to this day, and everytime I hear it I'm still reminded of my relationship with her.

Reactions: X
Dammit X, if you keep getting mushy on me I'm going to end up busting a load of emo all over these forums. Haha.

As for songs that remind me of exes.....hmmmm....

I've really only had 2 real relationships. Like, I've fucked around and I've had one off relationships that lasted a month before it was just "fuck this shit." But I've been a man who always looked for something serious, and only 2 girls really fit that bill before. I've got one now, but she's not an ex. ;)

She Will Be Loved~~Maroon 5
[youtube]gfZbjbirEiA[/youtube]​

Call me a puss. Go ahead. I listen to Maroon 5 every now and again. I listen to The Fray too, take away my man card if you must. But this song really hits me every time I listen to it, because it basically personified how our relationship started. She was the girl "with the broken smile," and I fought to show her someone could actually care. It ended, mostly because we were dumbass 10th graders, lulz. 10th grade is the age where you sorta know what should be done, but you always fuck up completing it. This is one of those cases.

Let Me Go~~3 Doors Down
[youtube]IqYQXPPL9hI[/youtube]​

Basically because we had something going, and it was good. Until about 6 months in, when I realized she didn't know a damn thing about me. And ever since 11th grade, I've been battling depression and the like. I can't have a girl who isn't aware enough to either notice it when I'm spiraling, or be open when I go to her for help with it. She was one of those girls. A case of maturity, I would say. We were in fucking 11th grade for fuck's sake.

Say When~~The Fray
[youtube]WNiNHsYqd40[/youtube]​

This is a extra bonus song that I threw in just because I'm feeling extra open this morning. (That's totally what she said....or what he said. I'm an equal opportunity jokester.)

Whenever I hear this, it embodies the current relationship I have my girl. We have something special, I swear. To bad I'll have to end it in 3 years when I move away for grad or med school. I don't wanna, but it's what is best. And I'm the man, I'll do it. This song is exactly what we have. An understanding that no matter what, we're there for each other. Even if we break up, we'll still run to help the other.

Hmmm dare I? I honestly do not have any ex's that I need to dedicate a mushy love song to because all of them are ****s and ***** anyways.

But I do have a few songs I have dedicated to some ex's.

Bone Brothers - Dick Rider
[youtube]mIf0F596K4c[/youtube]

This song is for my ex Sammy, and actually it was my homie CT and myself that dedicated to her. She is probably the biggest **** in my city, and honestly has done shit with every single one of my friends. It's not directly pointed at a woman, but the chorus is a perfect description for her, and the funny thing is she jumped in my ride to blaze up with us one day and this song came on. CT and I busted up laughing and she had no idea why.

Krayzie Bone - If They Only Knew
[youtube]tlHZ92nBAoo[/youtube]

This isn't really for an ex but a girl I was creepin around with a couple years ago. I believe her name was Shaylina. She was real cool man, she was down to ride with me since day one, and spent more time with me than her own boyfriend. She was born and raised as a valley girl in Cali, somehow got stuck up here in ND, but loved spendin time with me and getting her freak on. In a different world I probably could have seen myself ending up with her, but the time I spent with her was awesome and something I wouldn't change.

Bizzy Bone - Don't Be Dumb
[youtube]NxsbJWWV0Hw[/youtube]

Now this song is dedicated to my ex girlfriend Ashley for fucking around on me behind my back and shit. And yet I kept being oblivious to what was going on before my homie knocked some sense into me and showed me what the fuck she was up to. She hurt me pretty bad with all the lying and cheating, but as the song says: You was just another temptation on to the next one that's enough of her.

Tech N9ne - Psycho Bitch
[youtube]YqM4_EXBszI[/youtube]

And now we get to probably the worst girlfriend I ever had. Her name was Amber. She was fucking stalkerish, then and still attempts it now and again, more on that later. Anyway I asked her out when I was drunk and high as shit so the usual signals telling me to stay away were thrown out the fucking window. Well I ran with it for the hell of it and tried to get some action one night, she pushed me away so I went and chilled with her friends instead and then bounced out for the night. The next day I get a phone call from her friend telling me that she cheated on me with a dude who painted his face like ICP. I laughed and called her up and kicked her to the curb immediately. So I started going out with her friend, things were going great except when Amber kept trying to break shit up between us. Finally the girl I was with and I got into a fight and broke up with her. Amber started calling me nonstop, texting and bothering me all the God damn time. The worst was when I came home from work one day and she was walking down my street. She knocked on the door I told her to get the hell away from me, and this shit continued for damn near a year before I moved back home. Now just recently she texted me again the other night asking if I missed her and shit.

So to end this, I really only got one girl that I dedicated a good song to, the others, well as you can tell, deserved the songs that I gave em.

"Freshmen" - the Verve Pipe Just yesterday I was visiting a friend and she had on the '90's station on her TV. The song came on and I couldn't help but smile. It happens every time I hear it. It reminds me of my high school sweetheart, who was my first love. The song itself has no significant meaning, but it was the song that was playing in the car the night we started dating. He mentioned that he loved the song and until this day it reminds me of him.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvZjSxat0Ak&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvZjSxat0Ak&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Slippery When Wet, Bon Jovi - I am going whole album simply because when I was a young lad of ten, my first girlfriend and I used to listen to this tape when we 'made out' in my house. And by 'made out' I mean just simply kissing. I am a motherfucking gentleman.

Ah, man...Got me remembering and stuff. Well during my relationship with my ex, she got me listening to lifehouse...yeah, I said it. First song I ever listened from them was First Time. Not a bad song.
[youtube]b0fKI_FS-4U[/youtube]
After that, I find this song from a colombian band(i think they're colombian) called Los Enanitos Verdes. It was Luz de Dia((Spanish lesson!))
[youtube]HdGSOSWoSc0[/youtube]
After we broke up(another tale for another time, mates.), all I kept singing was another song from that same band called tu carcel.
[youtube]0Z7zPJGK_gA[/youtube]
Now, I dedicate no song to her. I just learned what I could, and got over it. But I digress since I'm OT. Anyway, This all happened in a span from April of this year till now lol.
damn, right?
I know listen to a song that makes me think about someone else that made me realize there are better women than her.
[youtube]lpgf2UvQG-k[/youtube]

there, who's more hopeless than me? Probably a friend I got, but that guy's 100% pure sap.

[youtube]md4u8Zlfw4Q[/youtube]

Frankee's Fuck You Right Back reminds me of one of my ex's. We are friends now(and were friends before we went out)but ya, he was my first ever boyfriend. I was in "love" and what not, ended up kissing another good friends of ours, he found out, got pissed and ended up sleeping with some random ugo.

It was pretty fucked up, and this song just reminds me of how I felt, wanting to go ghetto on his ass. Luckily we forgave each other and still chat on MSN once in a while.

The song is basically Frankee dissing her ex, saying he sucked in bed, and what not. Saying she hated him and what not. Was the perfect break-up antheme for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back