Some people are just stupid.

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm arguing about Chris Benoit with some guy on a different site. I broght up that all the flying headbutts Benoit did probably contributed to his brain being that of a 80 year old, and this is what the guy responded with.

Flying headbutts? You do realize it's not intended to hurt anyone, it's pro wrestling. We in fact have a pro wrestler that is a member here and he can confirm that. His brain damage was due to steroid use and a history of concussions, not flying headbutts.

Evidently this moron has no idea that most of his concussions were probably because of his flying headbutt, and steroids have nothing to do with brain damage.

Times like these is when I really love this forum.

You can't just blame the one move Benoit did for his concussions, he probably caught more damage from bad bumps, and from his time in ECW more than the headbutts, which if executed correctly shouldn't do any damage to him at all.

You can't just blame the one move Benoit did for his concussions, he probably caught more damage from bad bumps, and from his time in ECW more than the headbutts, which if executed correctly shouldn't do any damage to him at all.

Ok, so let's say he did 99% of them correctly. At 200 nights a year for 15 years, that's 3000 flying headbutts. Say he did 30 wrong due to jumping to far or not raising his head enough, and he got 15 concussions from those.....

Troy Aikman quit football because he was getting silly from seven concussion, Steve Young waited until his eighth. Benoit having twice as many leads me to believe that you are wrong.

*sigh* I want you to re-read what he just posted....

I broght up that all the flying headbutts Benoit did probably contributed to his brain being that of a 80 year old

you see that?, you see how I highlighted the word 'contributed'?, that's becasue it's the keyword in the sentance, he didn't say they were the sole casue, he said that they PROBABLY CONTRIBUTED

Lol that's funny. FTS is right. It's evident that he botched them once and a while, which doubtfully caused a concussion. Over 15 years those concussions start to add up, and will undoubtedly cause some brain damage.

Ok, so let's say he did 99% of them correctly. At 200 nights a year for 15 years, that's 3000 flying headbutts. Say he did 30 wrong due to jumping to far or not raising his head enough, and he got 15 concussions from those.....

Troy Aikman quit football because he was getting silly from seven concussion, Steve Young waited until his eighth. Benoit having twice as many leads me to believe that you are wrong.

Wrestlers get concussions all the time its the name of the game. My point was your more likely to get a concussion from been dropped wrongly, or from spots in gimmick matches than you are from hitting a spot you know how to execute. I mean otherwise Jeff Hardy must have a ton of concussions too from all the Swantons he hits.

*sigh* I want you to re-read what he just posted....

you see that?, you see how I highlighted the word 'contributed'?, that's becasue it's the keyword in the sentance, he didn't say they were the sole casue, he said that they PROBABLY CONTRIBUTED

Now you can re-read what he posted too...

Evidently this moron has no idea that most of his concussions were probably because of his flying headbutt, and steroids have nothing to do with brain damage.

That was the point I was arguing...

I'm about ready to be banned from that site for going ape shit on this ******.

So the eight-plus concussions (NOT FROM FLYING HEADBUTTS ) and the steroids were not the reason for his brain being turned to mush? Maybe you should consult this with one of our members is who is also a pro wrestler and respects his in-ring work. You obviously lack knowledge / insight to this "opinion" you've formed.

1. How the fuck does he know how many times Benoit had a concussion?
2. Steroids have nothing to do with brain function, or at least that I know of.
3. I've tore apart that member that's a "pro wrestler" before.
4. NOBODY tells CCS he doesnt know what he's talking about when it comes to pro wrestling.

Now you can re-read what he posted too...

That was the point I was arguing...

You mean the part where he said 'probably'?, he didn't say without a shadow of a doubt that they were casued by the headbutts, he said they PROBABLY CONTRIBUTED to the concussions Benoit had

it didnt have to necessarily come from concussion...any severe blow to the head causing trauma to the brain may have played a huge factor too. kicks, hits, headbutts, bumps, they all contributed to the deterioration of his brain.

the thing it, this same disorder caused the deaths of 8 nfl players and so far, many of them are dealing with the symptoms. Ted Johnson is less likely to recount the hundreds of tackles, scores of quarterback sacks or the three Super Bowl rings he earned as a linebacker for the New England Patriots. He is more likely to talk about suffering more than 100 concussions. now this poor guy can hardly get out of bed and he walks around like an 80 year old man who cant even remember his own wife's name sometimes.

i feel that concussion played a huge part in chris benoit's death. that mixed with paranoia and nervousness caused him to loose total control.

chris nowinksi has started an institute that is researching this sort of things, so far they have up to 8 nlf players who are going to donate their brains to the institute for research on how cuncussions affect the brain. it's real interesting to read.

here's the website: http://sportslegacy.org/default.asp

hopefully i wont get in trouble for it, it does shed some light on a lot of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back