Some "Jokes" wwe is making

Thescaredcrow: Give up. Your only making yourself look slow. Its not about who's making fun of him, its about making fun of him on TV. If 2 black guys made fun of a black guy for being dark people can complain. They don't wanna hear any racist comments, so why would they want them from their own race. Kinda defeats the purpose of not being racist. Also, if you didn't know, there are other races that are "white" and "dark" so it could offend them to. Maybe they don't want their kids to hear it. Whatever the reason, racist jokes should be left out.

I'm slow? You're the one who can't understand the fundamental idea of racism. I'll state it yet one more time, just don't get scared if I use big words. Racism is...drumroll...the fundamental idea that one race is superior to ANOTHER. Still with me here. Good lad. See for there to be an instance of racism of any kind there has to be individuals of two races involved. Otherwise it's just an individual making fun of another individual''s appearance. There must be also the implication that the individual being made fun of is in some way inferior to those who are making fun of them by virtue of their racial differences. That is what racism is. Any of this seeping in there, or do you need diagrams?

fonkeemonekee: Does it really matter what I believe? Besides I said he "might" be albino. These guys just want to take everything I say and twist it so they can argue.

Also, his eyelashes are not orange. I hope you DVR'ed this weeks Raw. It had plenty of good up close shots of him. I wouldn't have mentioned the albino thing if I didn't see that. Its strange. Why would he have white eyelashes. The only reason I can think of is he might be albino.

Also(again), I'm not going into the debate again. I don't respond to everyone individual concern. If your not offended, good, if you don't think its racist, then wow I wonder what constitutes racist for you.

Rodricks: LMAO!

thescaredcrow: WOW! So when I say all black people are chicken loving monkeys I'm not racist? Only if I say something that indicates superiority? WOW! I'm gonna explain this to everyone when I cuss them out next time. Thanks for the moral lesson! I always looked at definitions in dictionaries anyway when I wanted moral lessons! You opened my eyes up to a whole new world.

omg dude really whats the point if this thread, dont wannabe an asshole but man it looks like you are ofended cause youre pale as Sheamus (NOT A BAD THING!) seriously man they didnt say something like"oh youre so pale that make you inferior!"NO!NOT AT ALL! it was a joke towards his apparence not to his race!

look man if you want to complain about something do it something like the jokes the E done to Mickie, that INDEED WAS WRONG! I was upset not by the joke per se bu by the way it was made with all the vids etc. so man stop bitching about this cause as someone said the E has done a lot of worse things

its just the typical double standard that any remark towards a white man cant be racist but any remark towards a black man is racist......but people dont get me wrong i dont really consider calling sheamus pale racist its more like truthist because he is one pale son of a bitch but i mean in general nothing a black person can say to a white person can be racist but pretty much anything a white person says to a black person its considered racist i think we neede to put an end to racism all togeth black people next time anyone calls you a ****** dont get mad just call them a ****** back and walk away it would really throw them off lol

thescaredcrow: WOW! So when I say all black people are chicken loving monkeys I'm not racist? Only if I say something that indicates superiority? WOW! I'm gonna explain this to everyone when I cuss them out next time. Thanks for the moral lesson! I always looked at definitions in dictionaries anyway when I wanted moral lessons! You opened my eyes up to a whole new world.

My god you're just all kinds of stupid aren't you. Calling a black person a chicken loving monkey does indicate a sense of superiority, given that you're comparing them to an animal, indicating that they're sub human, less evolved and animalistic and therefore inferior.

Wow how stupid of me to give a clear, concise definition of the word racism. How dare I use logic and reasoning to undermine your argument. From now on I'll try to be as ignorant and misinformed as you are.

I'm black and I laugh out loud everytime I see R-Truth. I call him the second coming of bojangles at least three times a day.It's cool we can make fun of each other or anyone else, I really don't see what the big deal is it's just jokes...just jokes *sob

I think you are getting into two different aspects of statements here. What you said is racism, if you are something other than black. In part is has to do with our society when we make fun of our own race it is not bad because that is who we are and we know us better than anyone else. Dictionary definition wise it is true that what the previous poster had said is true of racism as dominance.

Racism however, is now more a "cultural" offense and reference and part has to do in what and how it is said. For example
-Man you are hella dark=states the simple fact that you are very dark
-You are so dark you belong in ghetto=racism saying dark belongs in the ghetto
-Dude you got chinky eyes=racism because of the stereotype of asian eyes
-You got some small eyes=stating you got small eyes.

In terms of the WWE from what I have heard, they are making fun of his white untanned appearance, which making fun of people is not right dont get me wrong. However it really isnt racism per say, it is a very fine line between the two. most wwe jokes aimed at Shamus are
-Shamus is so white...blah blah blah...

now if wwe jokes say or said
-If all (is shamus irish or scottish? lets say) Irish people are as white as Shamus, Im going to need some sun glasses for the light they reflect=is a racist joke because it takes the people as a whole and culturally makes fun of them.

As long as WWE makes the jokes about Shamus without the inclination of a cultural reference it is not racism at the point. In my opinion...

Agreed with the poster above. The jokes are to be taken lightly, and you can tell by that when they deliver it. You're basically just nitpicking, going back to the defense of how it's PG-13.

I thought this thread was going to address the Mickie James storyline, but Sheamus?

My goodness, why do you choose this to bring up? There is no racism in the jokes. They call him pale or casper or whatever. Does that inspire the masses to oppress the caucasians? HELL NO. So why get worked up?

I mean by your logic, people shouldn't make fun of Darren Young's hair because it will teach kids not to be independent and try something new. Or no one should make fun of a heel wearing a cheap suit because then it will teach kids that poorer folks are inferior. Jericho shouldn't make fun of Edge for getting injured because then it will teach kids to work through injuries and just get hurt even more. HHH shouldn't tell Sheamus that if he loses he will drift into obscurity, because then kids will believe that winning is the only important thing in life. CM Punk shouldn't say that having hair is a sin, because now all kids will shave themselves bald. Heck, nobody should wrestle against each other because then it will teach kids that fighting solves problems.

It's a TV show. A wrestling show. People (including kids) will not look to discover themselves and their moral views by watching Monday Night Raw. So calm down and enjoy the programming.

I thought this thread was going to address the Mickie James storyline, but Sheamus?

With Micky James, reports say that she got made fun of backstage and they used that as a storyline. It has happened before, hell it happened to Stephanie with her boobs and Chris Jericho years ago so not even a member of the family can avoid it from happening.

No one says anything because its what gets you air time and paid.

This is one reason I dislike threads! Please dnt get things out of context!

I mean everyone knows these jokes are specifically targeted for Sheamus! They dnt go off and say IRISH people are so white but they only target sheamus!

Racism is harshly making fun of race not making fun of someone. Besides not all Irish is as pale as Sheamus so it cnt really be held against all of Ireland.

Here's a good point...MOTHERFUCKIN SHEAMUS HIMSELF JOKED ABOUT IT IN A WWE MAG INTERVIEW! HE THINKS PALE IS THE NEW TAN! HOWS THAT FOR RACISM! OH NOW HE'S A SELF HATING RACIST!!!!!

Its none of that its that Sheamus is pale whit and he is different from the whole lockerroom is funny. Thast all they are making fun of, how manu guys have u seen with the same skin color as Shemus, Finlays irish he has regular skin color, so I guess making fun of Sheamus's color is not racist its actually funny.

this post is ridiculous , our society has got so damn politically correct that we loose all commen sense, people seem to look for any reason to call someone else racist, sexist ect. dont forget people this is all pretend,its a made up story written to entertain us, im 43 years old ive been watching wrestling since i was around 6 years old and these kind of stories have always existed. if you dont like it dont watch no one is making you.
take the stick out of your butt and relax its all pretend.

QUESTION THERE WAS NO THREAD OR RANT WHEN CRYMETYME FIRST DEBUTED OR WHEN EDDIE FIRST GOT HIS PUSH AND ALL THE STEREOTYPES THAT WERE USED ON THEM SO WHY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW IF YOUR NOT GOING TO PUT THEM DOWN FROM THE GET GO LEAVE WHAT WWE IS DOING ALONE BECAUSE DAMN NEAR EVERY WRESTLERS GIMMICK IS A PLAY OFF OF SOMETHING THAT COULD BE DEEMED CRUEL

STUPID TOPIC WITH STUPID REASONS THINK BEFORE YOU POST

dude really racists really? there making fun of how f-ing white he is hell i would do it to and im irish and white as hell but not as white as SHEAMUS but still he's whiter than white and he's a HEEL thats the most important part about it he's a HEEL if he wasnt a heel you wouldnt here the jokes as much but since he's a heel its just naturally to make fun of him so racists HELL NO

Well this thread just pisses me off. People on this site call me a racist asshole because I said "Ni**a", and I'm black. But someone on here says that "black people are chicken loving monkeys" in an example of sterotype will most likely not get anything said to him. Nothing really offends me that much, but if someone called me a chicken loving monkey, or a taco eating lazy ass, or a white motherfucker, I would get offended. And WWE racist for pointing out Sheamus looks like he's the whitest person known to man? No, it isn't racist, but if an announcer called Mark Henry ridiculously black, we all know he would be fired. That's what's bullshit about America. If anyone says one bad thing about black people, they lose fucking everything, but for any other race, it's basically a who gives a fuck matter.

Irish people, and especially ginger Irish people, are known as freakishly pale (and normally drunk and love to fight)
Italian Americans are sneaky gangster types.
The Oriental are all salt throwers who can't speak English.
Black people are normally jive talkers/pimps/criminals/savages
Samoans are savages with the hardest heads in the world and dont like shoes
The brits are all stuck up crumpet and scone eating posh *****
Russians are still the big red menace
Germans are boring machines who want to destroy
Arab looking people are all terrorist types
Women will turn on you as soon as they can
Waving an american flag makes you a super patriotic hero.

I wouldn't say that Sheamus has been a victim of any kind of racism, mainly because physically, he is actually really pale, even for caucasian standards.

If someone was angered by any of the "Extreme Stereotyping" above however, then they would be more than justified in feeling that anger.

Well this thread just pisses me off. People on this site call me a racist asshole because I said "Ni**a", and I'm black. But someone on here says that "black people are chicken loving monkeys" in an example of sterotype will most likely not get anything said to him. Nothing really offends me that much, but if someone called me a chicken loving monkey, or a taco eating lazy ass, or a white motherfucker, I would get offended. And WWE racist for pointing out Sheamus looks like he's the whitest person known to man? No, it isn't racist, but if an announcer called Mark Henry ridiculously black, we all know he would be fired. That's what's bullshit about America. If anyone says one bad thing about black people, they lose fucking everything, but for any other race, it's basically a who gives a fuck matter.

I think in your point, Black is a cultural term these days. If you were to ask any african american ethnic background wise you would get the term Black. For a white person, more than likely not always you would get Irish or a white dominated race. So if you were to call Mark Henry ridiculously black, then yes it can be seen as racism. if he were called hella dark, it would be offending but not racist.

Each race has its own thing and there are others out there
-Black=The N Word
-Asian=Fresh Off the Boat or Chinks
-European=Ginger

We depending on your race use it to describe ourselves because that is who we are, as a term of power and endorsement for our race. However when another race who in our mind does not have the right to say the word because they do not know our race is deemed unacceptable. So any race other than black cannot call another black man the N word, same goes for asian and so on and so forth. Culturally it is how it is...

Listen man, ever since affirmative action, the white man's power has been limited. It's harder for us to get jobs and scholarships. It would be awesome if everyone was treated equally. That's why it's easier to make fun of white men on tv more than blacks, asians, hispanics, and women. I live in Mississippi and I'm white and I fell victim to racism in my college's cafeteria the other day. I was denied certain food (gravy on my rice) that the black people in front of me were getting (she said it was for a favor). That is racist, not being made fun of. There are MANY things to make fun of Sheamus about. His haircut looks like Guile's from Street Fighter, would you get offended if Cole made that remark? The dude fucking GLOWS in the ring, it would be weird if they didn't notice it. GLOWS! Not being racist to Henry? The dude already got offended by Michael Hayes, the WWE will not make that mistake again.

Right. And to say "go have sex with a weird eyed asian" is right?

Give me a break and save your BS logic. Stereotyping is racist. Don't be slow.

And Sheamus might be albino, so its not all his Irish blood. If you think I'm joking take a look at his eyelashes. Unless he dyes them white I"m pretty sure he has white hair and to have both "freakishly" white skin and white hair kinda leaves no other option.

Some stereotypes for you.

Fat men are jolly
All politicians are liars
Snakes are slimy
Spiders are scary

Are these stereotypes racist? Be very careful when generalising about a subject, which you know nothing about, and I know quite a lot about because I am an Irish immigrant. I had the same freakishly white skin as a kid, mixed with almost white hair. I spent years sunbathing and getting burnt which means my skin is now quite dark, and bizzarely my hair has gone a strange mix of red and dark blond, wiuth a ginger beard! I had to put up with the same sort of comments as a kid, from all comers. Did I go crying and wailing that they were always racists? No, because their not they are noticing a difference from the norm and pointing it out. There are many like that, I have a black friend who has gingery-red hair, he came up with his own nickname - Rusty. We all call him that now, are we racists? I think I'll leave that up to your incredibly educated mind to decide.

Just another case of it ok to be racial against white people and no one else. Im sure if they were making jokes left and right about how balckity black R-Truth is, the shit would hit the fan immeadiately.

Is it right? Obviously not. Sorta the way things are though.

ya know ive read alot of these posts an i cant stop laughin, im Irish myslef an pasty as all hell, but i cover it wit my tats lol but the bottom line is thsi, irishmen are pale white its jkusta fact an if vice wants to exploit it then so be it yakll need to quit whining like little vags

Each race has its own thing and there are others out there
-Black=The N Word
-Asian=Fresh Off the Boat or Chinks
-European=Ginger

We depending on your race use it to describe ourselves because that is who we are, as a term of power and endorsement for our race. However when another race who in our mind does not have the right to say the word because they do not know our race is deemed unacceptable. So any race other than black cannot call another black man the N word, same goes for asian and so on and so forth. Culturally it is how it is...

OK, no. I'm ginger myself, and I can tell you that only an insane person would compared being called ginger to the N word. Ginger refers to the hair colouring, mainly in Scotland and Ireland, and is not an insult to all Europeans. Mick is a more offensive name to Irish and Scots.
The N word is a racial slur created to belittle an entire race. Do not compare them again

PEOPLE NEED THICK SKIN.......JUST DONT SAY ANYTHING RACIST OUT LOUD IF YOURE THINKING IT BECAUSE IN REALITY EVERYONE HAS A LITTLE RACISM IN THEM.....ITS JUST NOT EXTREME TO THE POINT OF KILLING AND FIGHTING ANYMORE.....GET OVER SKIN COLOR IS 2010 MOFOS.....AND YEA SHEAMUS DOES GLOW IN THE RING SO WTF IS WRONG WITH NOT MENTIONING THAT? NO ONE ELSE GLOWS IN THE RING LOL sorry about the caps i was caught up with all the bulls**t that i forgot it was in caps...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back