• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SO, What exactly IS Daniel Bryan's injury?

MattBrady425

Dark Match Winner
I think I read that his injury was a shoulder injury.
If it is a shoulder injury, would that be unrelated to his neck injury last year?
Does he have 2 separate, unrelated injuries?
Which of the 2 injuries is he out with now?

I think the rumour mill has been saying Tyson Kidd's surgery is what DB avoided.

Neck/Shoulder it's possibly connected but I don't think anyone knows just how severe DB's injury is or how long he'll be out for.

I have to believe he has damage to his neck and the issue is causing numbness in his arms, restricting his strength. He's also suffered a series of concussions so I don't know if he has major reservations about that kind of surgery or he's hoping for some type of natural fix but he's abused his neck with his style. He may be at the point where Edge was. It's a personal decision that he has to make not the WWE.

Daniel Bryan said it's related to the nervous system. Where exactly, I do not know, I only know it's neck and shoulder related, and he's losing strength to one of his arms.

I had a shoulder "injury" once, not really an injury, but I strained my right shoulder. I would lose strength to my right arm too when I try to exert my arm at certain positions, took me nearly 2 months to fully "recovery" naturally. Contrast that with Daniel Bryan's injury, and you would realize that his case is no joke.

His case might be hard to diagnose, that's why there's no official writings.

I have to believe he has damage to his neck and the issue is causing numbness in his arms, restricting his strength. He's also suffered a series of concussions
^^^ This.

I remember a while back, might have been before Bryan was ever even in WWE, that one of the few real issues he said he suffered from was neck problems. & clearly his physical style isn't really designed to protect his neck at all.

From everything I've listened to & read, his original injury that took him out after WM XXX was a neck injury (a messed up disc of sorts I believe) & it actually occurred several months prior to WM XXX & he was wrestling what was probably his hardest schedule ever that year prior & leading into WM XXX on that same neck injury which was leading to numbness in his arm & all sorts of other problems, most of which revolved around the nervous system from what I understand.

Then after all of that, taking the rest of 2014 to recover naturally & opting not to have surgery, Bryan returned prior to the Rumble this year & was once again working his physical style right off the bat & immediately thrown into a pretty packed road schedule as well from what I heard. Then in conjunction and/or partly due to wrestling rough/very frequently again & even doing things like Ladder Matches at Wrestlemania soon after he was back, Bryan suffered at least one (if not multiple) concussion.

So at this point, especially with WWE not releasing anything official, who knows? They could be trying to sort of fool the fans again & Bryan may come out in a few months & say he's returning soon or this could actually be the end for Bryan & WWE may just want to keep it as "hush hush" as possible right now. My best guess right now is that they are currently monitoring Bryan's health & seeing what the best long term decision is for him. But I don't expect him back anytime too soon & if he does come back I expect him to change his style up a bit and/or just have a quicky run then retire for good on his own terms.

I too thought he had some sort of neck injury that was causing nerve damage in his arm. As they have never really come out and said anything concrete, maybe it's because they don't know themselves.

Obviously his initial injury that took him out last year was a neck injury, but... and take this for what it's worth... On one of JR's recent podcasts where ironically the guest was Bret Hart, Jim said he had heard that Bryan being out this time around was concussion related. Take that with a grain of salt, but that's probably why Bret compared his situation to Bryan's in that recent Sports Illustrated interview.

Also, if the issue happens to be concussion related then wwe being so quiet about it makes sense as there is currently a lawsuit ongoing with numerous former wrestlers largely concerning concussions which is also the reason behind the curb stomp being banned.

He is not on Tough Enough because he is healthy. I think they are using that exposure to see if he would make a good trainer. I think DB already sees the handwriting on the wall.

My best guess right now is that they are currently monitoring Bryan's health & seeing what the best long term decision is for him.

Yes, I can see that too, including the idea that this isn't a 'tease' by the company and that serious decisions have to be made, both by WWE and Daniel himself. For that reason, honestly explaining what's going on with him medically wouldn't be wise....because at this point, they genuinely don't know.

When Daniel came back last time.....apparently, prematurely....it was impossible to know whether the company was pushing him to return....or whether Daniel wanted so badly to get back that he pushed the company.

On one hand, you would hope that protecting their performers would be paramount in their minds.....or if you want to see it cynically, the last thing they need is to have Daniel wind up crippled and having his family going all 'Martha Hart' on them.....when, in fact, Daniel knew fully well the risks of wrestling again.

Daniel hasn't had his surgery yet, has he? If not, then the options are still being considered. If WWE isn't telling us what's wrong with him, it might not be because they don't know, but could be due to life-altering decisions being made that make full disclosure to the fans an 'iffy' proposition at this time.

Yes, I can see that too, including the idea that this isn't a 'tease' by the company and that serious decisions have to be made, both by WWE and Daniel himself. For that reason, honestly explaining what's going on with him medically wouldn't be wise....because at this point, they genuinely don't know.

When Daniel came back last time.....apparently, prematurely....it was impossible to know whether the company was pushing him to return....or whether Daniel wanted so badly to get back that he pushed the company.

On one hand, you would hope that protecting their performers would be paramount in their minds.....or if you want to see it cynically, the last thing they need is to have Daniel wind up crippled and having his family going all 'Martha Hart' on them.....when, in fact, Daniel knew fully well the risks of wrestling again.

Daniel hasn't had his surgery yet, has he? If not, then the options are still being considered. If WWE isn't telling us what's wrong with him, it might not be because they don't know, but could be due to life-altering decisions being made that make full disclosure to the fans an 'iffy' proposition at this time.

He's not having surgery because it's a concussion related issue.

Bret said he was done either way. He's had two publicized concussions and I'm sure he had multiple other ones going back to his indie days. I'm sure he also has neck issues as he wrestled a style with German suplexes into bridges and a lot of bridges in general but he doesn't have a thick wrestlers neck to give him any protection during those moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back