• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So much for that CM Punk will draw ratings thing...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
The 8/8 edition of RAW did a 3.1 rating with 4,542,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.08 and 3.09.

This is down from last weeks RAW which finished at a 3.3 rating.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/240...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

Let's see if I have this right. He gets to do things on the mic no one else gets to do, he's featured in every main-event of Raw he's been on since Capitol Punishment, he gets to work an angle with Vince McMahon, John Cena, and now Triple H, he's allowed to work the Internet marks, he gets a clean pin over the WWE champion in his own hometown, and the WWE is licensing a well known song just for him.

And ratings have not shown a single indication of increasing. So much for that whole "Punk deserves to be given the ball because he'll be a megastar" theory that was going around the IWC.

Hopefully the WWE will see their mistake, bump Punk to the Smackdown upper midcard where he'll be much more useful, and then put someone who can might actually be able to entertain people in a feud with Cena, like Mark Henry or the Great Khali.

In all seriousness (as opposed to only half seriousness) discuss Raw's go home show rating.

This is why Raw should not be considered by as many to be far above "SD". They get small ratings, & that just means more people miss great things. "SD" gets all of its ratings based on whether or not people want to see what they know happened.

You can go even further and look at the demos. They were down over 10 percent in every young demo. The only demo that was up was the 18-34. Inside the IWC bubble this all looks great what CM Punk is doing. Obviously it is not connecting with the younger crowd and hasn't since the start.

You can go even further and look at the demos. They were down over 10 percent in every young demo. The only demo that was up was the 18-34. Inside the IWC bubble this all looks great what CM Punk is doing. Obviously it is not connecting with the younger crowd and hasn't since the start.

My wife is a most casual of the casual fans. She was watching it last night. While I was interested in the back and forth, because I knew what they were talking about, my wife was on the couch next to me saying how incredibly boring the promo had gotten.

Casual fans just aren't caring about this feud, even with Cena in it. I think one of the biggest problems with Punk is that he's acting like a whiny high school girl. That's not a shot at him necessarily, that's just what his character is reminding me of. He's just high school drama right now.

Last night on Raw there was a moment where Punk talked about the releases recently. Before he was done the fans started cheering his name. Are we supposed to believe that many people knew of the releases and care that much for DH Smith who hasn't been on TV in three and a half months and Kozlov and all those other people enough to chant for Punk? They have very little idea what he's talking about but they'll cher him anyway.

Last night on Raw there was a moment where Punk talked about the releases recently. Before he was done the fans started cheering his name. Are we supposed to believe that many people knew of the releases and care that much for DH Smith who hasn't been on TV in three and a half months and Kozlov and all those other people enough to chant for Punk? They have very little idea what he's talking about but they'll cher him anyway.
Is this a knock against him or the audience or are you just stating the obvious?

Not Kozlov or Smith, no, but probably Melina &/or some of the others. When you cheer him, you don't hear what he's saying; They were cheering, hoping he would mention them all &/or due to the fact he was talking about releases that include(d) people they care about.

They were cheering, hoping he would mention them all &/or due to the fact he was talking about releases that include(d) people they care about.
No they weren't. They were cheering because it made them feel superior they knew those WWE rejects got released, and Punk mentioning it made them feel special.

Not Kozlov or Smith, no, but probably Melina &/or some of the others. When you cheer him, you don't hear what he's saying; They were cheering, hoping he would mention them all &/or due to the fact he was talking about releases that include(d) people they care about.
Or option C.

You know: Dumb-ass wrestling fans gravitate to rebellion. They might not know what he's talking about, but it sure smells good.

I don't expect you to appreciate that though. You're one of the dumb-asses.

Stating the obvious. Punk isn't doing anything wrong really. To hardcore fans it's interesting stuff. To casual fans, they want to see fighting, not talking.

And if there is talking, they'd at least like to know what the hell they're talking about.

I read it as a knock against the audience, who cheers for someone just because he mentions dirt sheet news.
Exactly why would it be a knock against someone that they appreciate an air of honesty about certain things going on?

Or option C.

You know: Dumb-ass wrestling fans gravitate to rebellion. They might not know what he's talking about, but it sure smells good.

I don't expect you to appreciate that though. You're one of the dumb-asses.

I'm not a dumbass at all... But I love that I'm a new member here, so you're trying to think I'm like you.

But only a dumbass would make the mistake of thinking that... Or that a single member of the "WWE Universe" was cheering b/c anything Punk said made them feel superior to anyone else.

I think it had more to do with Punk calling the staff out on being so supposedly callous to the named talent, rather than just cheering him for being rebellious. Not that that didn't factor in, obviously, but that was probably the main reason.

Exactly why would it be a knock against someone that they appreciate an air of honesty about certain things going on?

An "air of honesty"...that would suggest the WWE hasn't been honest about the releases. Considering the WWE is usually the ones who announce releases first, I'm not sure how you can accuse the WWE of being dishonest regarding releases.

I'm not a dumbass at all... But I love that I'm a new member here, so you're trying to think I'm like you.

But only a dumbass would make the mistake of thinking that... Or that a single member of the "WWE Universe" was cheering b/c anything Punk said made them feel superior to anyone else.

Yes, because that makes less sense than people cheering for Punk hoping he'd take that as encouragement to mention Melina, a woman nobody gave a damn about. Good point. :rolleyes:

I agree with Coco. You seem like a dumbass.

I think it had more to do with Punk calling the staff out on being so supposedly callous to the named talent, rather than just cheering him for being rebellious. Not that that didn't factor in, obviously, but that was probably the main reason.

And this needs to be aired on a wrestling show....why? I don't get what they're trying to appeal to. The IWC loves it and hardcore fans love it but to people who are tuning in or flipping through the channels, they see a bunch of guys sitting around talking about why someone was fired. Not exactly thrilling stuff.

And this needs to be aired on a wrestling show....why? I don't get what they're trying to appeal to. The IWC loves it and hardcore fans love it but to people who are tuning in or flipping through the channels, they see a bunch of guys sitting around talking about why someone was fired. Not exactly thrilling stuff.
Especially because the fired wrestlers aren't names like Steve Austin and Mick Foley, but rather Harry Smith and Random Jobber B.

Yes, because that makes less sense than people cheering for Punk hoping he'd take that as encouragement to mention Melina, a woman nobody gave a damn about. Good point. :rolleyes:

I agree with Coco. You seem like a dumbass.

Here's an idea: He mentions Melina in his list/mentions. You were hoping he would, & he did. You know what? You didn't hear it, b/c you were too busy cheering, like several other dumbasses who never heard it. Too bad it's live, unlike "SD", so you can't be home to see it when it airs, either.

No they weren't. They were cheering because it made them feel superior they knew those WWE rejects got released, and Punk mentioning it made them feel special.

Reminds me of the dumbass at the bar where I watched MITB. He spent the whole match cheering for Punk. That was expected, but he spent the whole match saying "come on Phil." He repeated it over and over. It was obvious he thought he was so special because he knew Punk's real name and he wanted everyone to know it. It was really quite pathetic.

An "air of honesty"...that would suggest the WWE hasn't been honest about the releases. Considering the WWE is usually the ones who announce releases first, I'm not sure how you can accuse the WWE of being dishonest regarding releases.
WWE certainly does its best to quietly sweep these things under the rug with barely noticable sub-headings on their site in order to avoid a kerfuffle. I can appreciate some people wanting to see a kerfuffle and have that conversation. Anyhow, this is just one example where the WWE happens to mention things (how ever quietly). But until recently, plenty of what Punk has talking about hasn't been bandied about by the machine on Monday nights. I can appreciate a desire for the WWE to stop pretending some things aren't what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back